Emrys or Nils?

See the results of this poll: Emrys or Nils

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Emrys : 30 (65%)
  • Nils : 11 (24%)
  • Both are weird: 5 (11%)

I prefer [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] over [name_m]Nils[/name_m].

I know quite a few boys/men who have the name [name_u]Max[/name_u], and it isn’t short for anything- I think it’s quite common.
However, I’ve only ever known one female [name_u]Max[/name_u] and her full name was [name_f]Maxine[/name_f].

I love [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]. Nice meaning too. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t really like the sound of [name_m]Nils[/name_m].

[name_m]Both[/name_m] are fine names but I prefer [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].

Many girls names have boyish nicknames ([name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] = [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]/[name_f]Frances[/name_f] =[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] = [name_u]Billie[/name_u] etc…) so I think [name_u]Max[/name_u] is fine for a girl as long as her full name is [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] or [name_f]Maxima[/name_f] (and definitely not [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]).

Thanks for your answers!

Up :slight_smile:
Please

I’m going against the crowd when I say that I just love [name_m]Nils[/name_m]! So handsome, yet simple and nice.

I do know a guy named [name_m]Nils[/name_m] who has meant a great deal to me (see signature). The one big downside to the name is that every time someone reads his name, they pronounce it like [name_m]Nills[/name_m] instead of like [name_m]Niels[/name_m]. [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] is pretty but sounds like a girl’s name to me.

Thank you!

I prefer [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] over [name_m]Nils[/name_m].

[name_u]Max[/name_u] is a nickname for feminine names like [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], Maximiliana and [name_f]Maxima[/name_f] so it’s not only for boys.

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] is just divine. He’s stayed at #1 or #2 on my own top boy’s names for years, and he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. If I were to have a boy soon, [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] would most likely be either his first or middle name.

[name_m]Nils[/name_m] is nice too. I prefer it to [name_u]Neil[/name_u] and [name_u]Niall[/name_u]. I do definitely prefer [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] though.

[name_u]Max[/name_u] I’ve heard more and more on women recently, particularly on film/TV characters. I kind of like [name_u]Max[/name_u] as a nickname for a girl, however, I’m not so keen on [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] and don’t necessarily think it’d work on its own…