Ender Ridley Aydin

Halsey just announced that she had her baby on July 14th. Their name is Ender Ridley Aydin. Ender means very rare and I think that’s such a great meaning given the circumstances of her wanting a child all her life and having endometriosis. So glad for her and her partner, and I love their choice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

wait, where did you see it was a son? I thought they hadn’t announced the sex!

I agree, though, it’s such a wonderful name!! I think it’s really cool too, which I would expect from [name_u]Halsey[/name_u]! I like the gender neutral-ness of it, as well!!

2 Likes

Oops, I didn’t think of that. I edited it. Also, Ender means very rare not universe. That’s the meaning of Evren, another Turkish name :rofl:

1 Like

oh, that’s okay! I just thought I missed a post somewhere :sweat_smile: [name_u]Evren[/name_u] is also really lovely!!
I wonder if [name_m]Ender[/name_m] or [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] have a special meaning to [name_u]Halsey[/name_u] or her partner, and that’s why they chose them!

2 Likes

I was kind of pleasantly surprised about this name. It sounds kind of sci-fi, which is weird, and [name_m]Ender[/name_m] as a first name is definitely out there, but I honestly expected them to name it something awful.

1 Like

I dont think [name_u]Halsey[/name_u] would ever choose a bad name for her child, she’s been waiting a long time for this!

2 Likes

It’s certainly not a bad name, but I’m just not personally a fan of the name. As a combo, it’s really D heavy (Ender Ridley Aydin). The meaning of [name_m]Ender[/name_m] is definitely nice, but I find the choice of a name that’s so similar to the word endometrosis a little strange! I’m not sure I’d want the name to remind me of something that had obviously been a source of pain/struggle in my life. But if the similarity reminds her of what she’s overcome in a positive way, rather than being a negative association, more power to them.

7 Likes

Oh I love this combo!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Ender[/name_m]! Congratulations to them.

1 Like

This is a stunning combo :two_hearts:

1 Like

Her definition of bad and my definition of bad are different, though.

I was pleasantly surprised because tbh I thought she might go with something very out there or a something that’s not traditionally a name (like North).

Although I don’t personally love [name_m]Ender[/name_m] with that surname. The first thing it made me think of was endometriosis and [name_m]Ender[/name_m] [name_u]Aydin[/name_u] smushes together when I say it. But on the other hand it feels like solid name that will work well for a baby and an adult.

2 Likes

I really like the name combo. However, all I can think of is Enderman. Which I think is something out of Minecraft. Thanks to the 6 year old talking about endermans?

1 Like

I love [name_m]Ender[/name_m]! It’s the perfect amount of underused and rare, but not too out there for a celebrity. :green_heart:

1 Like