Enid vs Rosa - decision made!

I have my top 2 girls names and just can’t pick between them. Here they are:
[name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] Churchyard
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard

So which is your favourite and why?

Thanks, [name]Eli[/name]

We have decided on [name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] Churchyard - thankyou all for your comments! [name]Eli[/name] x

I would choose [name]Rosa[/name], but I’m biased, since that’s my name. :wink: I have to say, I’d much rather be named [name]Rosa[/name] than [name]Enid[/name]. It’s still too frumpy for me, and I just don’t think it has a nice sound. Plus [name]Enid[/name] Churchyard doesn’t sound very good, with the D endings on both names. [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] is a lovely combo!

[name]Hi[/name]!

Well, to be honest, I’m not at all an [name]Enid[/name] fan. To me, it is a bit tired and clunky, and it seems to have no redeeming quality other than its meaning, which I do like! Sorry - just being honest. Ignoring the fact that I’m not an [name]Enid[/name] fan, I’d choose [name]Rosa[/name] anyway, simply because the sound (flow) of [name]Rosa[/name] Churchyard is much improved over that of [name]Enid[/name] Churchyard, which seems to lack melody. I think that [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard is a beautiful, vintage name!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I choose [name]Enid[/name]! I like [name]Rosa[/name] too but there are so many [name]Rose[/name] names about and [name]Enid[/name] is just a really beautiful name to me, as you can see it’s in my signature! When I hear it I don’t think clunky and old at all, I think of it as warm and friendly and I think of children’s author [name]Enid[/name] Blyton and for some reason the name [name]Amelia[/name] because to me they have very similar feels. And then if I’m thinking in Welsh (since I’m bilingual lol) I pronounce it more like Eh-nid than Ee-nid (though I love both pronounciations!) and then it feels really floaty and soft and slightly airy and it becomes a word to me meaning soul or spirit, which again I love.

If people can give names like [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] a chance (which sound very old lady to me) then I’m sure they can see the beauty in [name]Enid[/name] eventually! So yeah that’s my pick, hope I made a good case for it! Oh and I adore [name]Rosemary[/name] too and think it sounds brilliant with it but have you considered [name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name]? I just think it freshens it up that bit more!

Best of luck with your choice!

I love both!!! But I would have to pick [name]Enid[/name], I think it sounds beter with your last name.
With the middle name [name]Rosemary[/name] you could still give her a nicknamee of [name]Rosa[/name]?
I’d just like to add, I also like the sound of [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Enid[/name] Churchyard nn [name]Rosa[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!!

Thankyou everyone! I do like [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Enid[/name] Churchyard but really want to keep [name]Enid[/name] as an option if we don’t use it this time… Funnily [name]Rosemary[/name] was our other choice when naming [name]Flossie[/name]… (For those of you who don’t know we have a daughter named [name]Florence[/name] [name]Marlena[/name]) but it was never quite right… [name]Eli[/name] x

If you weren’t saving [name]Enid[/name] as a first name then this is the way I would go [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Enid[/name] Churchyard.

Her sister could be [name]Marianne[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] Churchyard.

I would like to see the siblings have similar length names eg [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Marianne[/name] work beautifully but if you have [name]Rosemary[/name] and sibling [name]Enid[/name] it seems a bit too short in the sibset.

I think a sibset of [name]Edith[/name] (instead of [name]Enid[/name]) and [name]Marion[/name] would be lovely, e.g. [name]Edith[/name] and [name]Marion[/name]

Or if you didn’t use [name]Enid[/name] then [name]Oona[/name] and [name]Ena[/name] would make very good middle name options.

I like the combos of

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Enid[/name] and [name]Marianne[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] and

[name]Marion[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Edith[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name]

[name]Mavis[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Enid[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]

[name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Enid[/name]! I love [name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] Churchyard. It’s like… a dream. It’s gorgeous. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Rosa[/name] - it just doesn’t have that spunk and feel that [name]Enid[/name] does. Besides, you really get the best of both worlds with [name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name].

Have decided on [name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] Churchyard! [name]Just[/name] can’t get it out of my head… Thankyou for all your opinions, [name]Eli[/name] x

Aww congratlations! I’m so glad :slight_smile: It’s beautiful!

So beautiful, two of my favorite names! So glad someone is using [name]Enid[/name], really love it! congrats!

When I was about 12 years old, I came across the name [name]Enid[/name] in a book I was reading, and fell madly in love with the name. I felt like I’d found a rare buried treasure. I remember putting together lists of my future kids’ name combinations, and I had fun creating different combos that included [name]Enid[/name]. It’s not a name you come across very often, and I eventually forgot about it. It was a delight a few months ago to see the name again on Nameberry. Like [name]Eve[/name], the long E in [name]Enid[/name] adds distinction and elegance to the name. I am glad someone else found this buried treasure! Please be sure to announce your final choice when she is born!