Enid?

Rereading the Old Lady Names blog, I saw [name]Enid[/name] and for some reason I am so loving it right now!

I love old lady names but so many are getting really popular, but, so far, [name]Enid[/name] is not. I think it’s adorable. What does everyone else think of it?

Some other “old-lady” names that are my favourites:
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]

I’m also loving [name]Agnes[/name] right now too.

[name]Agnes[/name] is one thing, but [name]Enid[/name] is totally different! [name]Enid[/name] reminds me of eunuch for some reason…

I’m sorry, but I’m not feeling [name]Enid[/name].

I had forgotten all about the name [name]Enid[/name]! When I was a teenager, I read a book with a character named [name]Enid[/name]. I was totally charmed by the name. I felt lucky to have found such an uncommon gem of a name to use someday when I had kids. I remember writing [name]Enid[/name] on an early list of future kids’ names. However, I never heard the name again and forgot all about it… until tonight.

I only have good associations with the name [name]Enid[/name], so I understand the appeal. It’s uniquely nice!

I love [name]Enid[/name], I think it sounds friendly and has that pretty vintage feel. I’m actually a lot less crazy about [name]Agnes[/name], which sounds harsh to me.

Another old lady name that I think is lovely but underused is [name]Lois[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!

I love [name]Enid[/name] because of a British children’s author named [name]Enid[/name] Blyton. I loved her books as a child when living in [name]England[/name] for awhile. I am saving them for my own daughter to read when she is older. I also like the Welsh version of this name which is Enit. Maybe someone here can explain the Welsh pronunciation?

i never have heard f the name but it looks like she would be correcting people all the time on pronucation i dont agness is ready to come back either i loved
Josaphine
and [name]Evelyn[/name] i have never met a person with either name

I really like [name]Enid[/name]! It has a literary appeal ([name]Enid[/name] Blyton) but also a modern appeal, [name]IMO[/name]

[name]Enid[/name] makes me think of the character in the Sweet [name]Valley[/name] High books. I like the “old lady” names, too, but for some reason I just can’t get into [name]Enid[/name]. I do really like
[name]Beatrix[/name]- I’d use this myself, but my hubby doesn’t love it
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]

There’s a funny, catchy, Barenaked Ladies song called ‘[name]Enid[/name]’, this is what I usually think of when I hear the name. Also of [name]Enid[/name] Blyton.

I think it’s cute.

I love these “old lady” names from your list:
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] …so pretty much all of them!! old lady names are wonderful (: