Esmé or Esmée & Middle Name!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @leafsgirl44! Thanks so much for your vote for Esmée [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @IrinaNicolaStrong! I do love the look of Esmé [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]. I’m glad I posted this because I hadn’t thought of the multiple food references for [name_u]Roux[/name_u]. Definitely something to consider!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @[name_f]Estrela[/name_f]! Thanks so much for proving your insight, I so appreciate it! I’m glad I posted for thoughts/feedback because I hadn’t thought about the first/middle name sounding blended like “Esmélee”. Along that line of thinking, what are your thoughts on Esmé [name_f]Raquel[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @foeva! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it! You said Esmée is the more common spelling where you live. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mind me asking where that is? We live in the US. Thanks for your vote of Esmée [name_u]Roux[/name_u]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @brittanyanitarose! Thanks so much for your response, super helpful! I hadn’t thought about checking naming laws to be sure the accent is okay. Good advice! Thanks so much for your vote for Esmé [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It truly is lovely!

1 Like

Thanks @CecilyG for your vote for Esmé [name_u]Roux[/name_u]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @taylorhart! Yes, so glad I posted as I wasn’t even thinking about the multiple culinary references with [name_u]Roux[/name_u]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] your suggestion of Esmé [name_u]Rue[/name_u]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @dandy_orchid! Thanks for your vote for Esmé [name_u]Rue[/name_u]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Johannaa! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I agree that Esmée [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a gorgeous feminine name that truly is timeless.

1 Like

I think Esmé [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is beautiful combination! Esmé is a gentle, delicate and charming name. [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] sounds strong and sophisticated. I think both names flow well together.
Esmé [name_u]Rue[/name_u] would be perfect! I love @taylorhart’s suggestion! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I saw your suggestion of Esmé [name_f]Raquel[/name_f], and I really love that! I still think Esmé [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is a stunning combo, though. If you’re worried about it becoming “Ezmaylee,” I don’t think you need to because the first name and middle name aren’t often said together. However, if this does worry you, do you like Esmé [name_f]Leigha[/name_f]/Esmé [name_f]Leah[/name_f]? I do like the sound of [name_u]Roux[/name_u], and I don’t think the food association is a bad thing, just something to think about. [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is [name_u]French[/name_u] for “road” so, that might be something to think about as well. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or even something like [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] that has the “Ru” sound in it? I really love that you’re using Esmé/Esmée, it’s really just gorgeous and adorable for any age!

1 Like

wow, Esmé [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is fantastic. The balance of the soft, feminine Esmé with the strong, distinctive sound of [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is my definition of an ideal name. it feels very complete. if this combo is going on your shortlist, it gets my vote!!

2 Likes

I actually like all of your combos, but slightly prefer [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u].

1 Like

Esmé [name_u]Roux[/name_u] is fantastic!

1 Like

Yes of course! I live in the Netherlands, where Esmée actually is in the top 50

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes towards [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! I love the way [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] looks; my second choice is [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and Lastly [name_u]Roux[/name_u].

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting!

I prefer Esmé, but that’s probably only because that’s the spelling I’m used to. Absolutley nothing wrong with Esmée of course!

I have a strong personal preference for longer middle names, but I’ll cast that aside because I know short middle names can be lovely, even if they’re not my style.

[name_m]How[/name_m] fun is Esmé [name_u]Roux[/name_u]?!

I think Esmé and [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] are a bit mismatched, in saying that, I don’t see the harm in mixing things up!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a popular middle name for a reason, I think because it’s beautiful! I vote Esmé [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @[name_f]Estrela[/name_f]! Thanks so much for weighing in on Esmé [name_f]Raquel[/name_f]. I’m really loving that combination now too, as does my husband, so we officially have a fourth middle name contender! Ha! This may be a game-time decision. Thank you!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @IrinaNicolaStrong, thanks for all of your great suggestions! Wow. I do love the name [name_f]Leah[/name_f], and never thought of [name_f]Leigha[/name_f] - that’s lovely. I’m not really drawn to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Prudence[/name_f]. I must be drawn to “R” names on some subconscious level because three of our now four middles start with an “R”. I’m so grateful for the affirmation of our first name too - sounds like everyone really likes it!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @rosajune! Ooo, so glad you like Esmé [name_f]Raquel[/name_f]. I never would have thought of it had I not posted here for feedback and gotten such great commentary. I still like all of the original middles and some of the suggested spelling variations too, but this combo is taking the lead! Especially since my husband immediately loved it when I shared it with him. Thanks for your vote!