Esmee/Esmae!!?????

O.K. we found out that baby is a GIRL =0) This is our 6th girl =0) I have gone round and round with names. This afternoon came across Esmee. I think it is BEAUTIFUL!! Our other girls are : [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] and this baby girl will only be 13 months apart. So I thought the fact that they are both french names was cute…

What are your thoughts on this name? Does it go well with our other girls? What are middle name ideas??? So far I have:
[name]Esmae[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] Estrada (this is our LN)
[name]Esmae[/name] [name]Gianna[/name] Estrada
[name]Esmae[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Estrada

• I am thinking I will need to spell it [name]Esmae[/name] for people to pronounce it correctly (what are your thoughts on spelling??).

This is a name I am not very familiar with so I would really appreciate feed back, and suggestions!!!

Thanks!!

[name]Hi[/name]! Congrats on another little girl!

Okay, I like Esmee, yes, and [name]Esme[/name]. I would not, however, spell it [name]Esmae[/name]! I’d probably spell it [name]Esme[/name] - the shorter the better? - and put an accent on the second E to ensure the correct pronunciation, [ez-may]. One concern I have is that the name looks a bit similar to [name]Emma[/name], in my opinion. However, I like the French idea, and [name]Esme[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Estrada is absolutely beautiful! Really a stunner.

Other French names that might fit the bill are [name]Camille[/name], [name]Celie[/name] [seel-ee], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Lilou[/name] [lee-loo], [name]Lucie[/name], and [name]Rochelle[/name], but I really like [name]Camille[/name], [name]Celie[/name], and [name]Lucie[/name]! Best of luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Lemon[/name]! We are excited =0) O.K. From what I have read, [name]Esme[/name] is the masculine spelling (though some use it on girls) Esmee with the accent on the first E, or [name]Esmae[/name] is the girl spelling…[name]Do[/name] you just dislike the look of the spelling [name]Esmae[/name]?

The fact that it looks similar to [name]Emma[/name] does not bother me, as we looked al ones that looked much closer ([name]Ella[/name]). [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Esme[/name], fits with the other girl names?? I really loved it when I heard it, I am feeling it may be the one!

Esmee is the French form but I prefer the Scottish spelling of [name]Esme[/name]. Please do not change the name to [name]Esmae[/name]. Part of the charm of this name is the spelling of [name]Esme[/name] or Esmee. I don’t think that pronunciation would be concern but it does depend on where you live. [name]Esme[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Estrada is my fav from your list although [name]Esme[/name] and Estrada begin with an “es”. Other French names are [name]Camille[/name], [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Bernadette[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Colette[/name], [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Simone[/name], [name]Violette[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Noemie[/name], [name]Justine[/name], [name]Giselle[/name], [name]Mathilde[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Bibiane[/name], [name]Fabienne[/name], [name]Micheline[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Nadine[/name], [name]Sandrine[/name], [name]Seraphine[/name], [name]Veronique[/name] and [name]Liliane[/name].

As the previous poster said, both Esmee and [name]Esme[/name] are legitimate forms. I’ve actually never seen [name]Esmae[/name] - I don’t care for that spelling. I like [name]Esme[/name] or Esmee - with an accent? - [name]Caroline[/name] very much.

I think [name]Esme[/name] or Esmee could fit well with your girls’ names. You’ve chosen very classic, fairly popular names for them thus far, and [name]Esme[/name] is certainly much more unusual, so that’s the only thing to consider. If it isn’t right for a first name, it would certainly make a beautiful middle name.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I would think with [name]Esme[/name] being a name used in the Twilight books/movies that people are (or will be) familiar with it. I’d use either Esmee or [name]Esme[/name], but not [name]Esmae[/name].

I would spell it [name]Esme[/name] or Esmee. Spelling it [name]Esmae[/name] look make up and wrong. [name]Esme[/name] is not hard to say I think you may have to correct some people but not everyone. I do think that [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Esme[/name] are too close for siblings but thats your call.