Estella Marin

What do you think of the name [name]Estella[/name] [name]Marin[/name]? [name]Marin[/name] is pronounced like the county in northern [name]California[/name], i.e. muh-rinn.

I know a [name]Marin[/name], pronounced [name]Mare[/name]-in, which to me sounds way prettier than Muh-rinn… because how many pple would think u named your daughter [name]Marine[/name]…

I don’t like the flow of [name]Mare[/name]-in. [name]How[/name] about the spelling Maryn? Still pronounced Muh-rin.

The other option is [name]Estella[/name] [name]Hope[/name].

[name]Estella[/name] [name]Hope[/name], definitely! That’s beautiful… :slight_smile:

By the way, I don’t think it’s the spelling… it’s the sound Muh-rinn… there just isn’t a flow with [name]Estella[/name].

And I feel like there’s quite a bit of zest in a name like [name]Estella[/name]… it means ‘resembling a star’… don’t you think that the name pairs off beautifully with [name]Hope[/name]?

[name]Marin[/name] simply means “woman from the sea”. Unless that theme is something significant to your family, I think meaning-wise, it has nothing on a name like [name]Hope[/name].

I disagree! I think [name]Marin[/name] is beautiful (and would pronounce it your way). I like the flow with [name]Estella[/name] too - I think it needs a 2syll mn. I do like the name [name]Hope[/name] but I think it’s too abrupt after [name]Estella[/name] and is a bit of a filler mn (I like it as a first, eg [name]Hope[/name] [name]Estella[/name]). That’s my opinion anyway!