Estella Quinn

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] All!

My husband and I are due [name_u]Jan[/name_u] 1st with our first child. I was thrilled to find out she’s a girl, but we’ve been having so much trouble coming up with a name (hubby is from the Netherlands and I’m from [name_f]Missouri[/name_f]). We both loved the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] until we saw how popular it is! It’s important to us that her name is unique, but not strange (we have a VERY difficult last name).

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the name [name_f]Estella[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

Thanks for helping us out!

I like [name_f]Estella[/name_f]! It’s pretty. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] isn’t my style, but it flows ok. I would say they are quite different in style though.
If you live in the US, have you considered a name from the top 100 girls names in the Netherlands? Lots of them are easy to pronounce and not popular outside of the Netherlands. [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_f]Merel[/name_f] and [name_u]Britt[/name_u] spring to mind. [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] is also a lovely Dutch name.
[name_f]Estella[/name_f] is lovely though.

[name_f]Estella[/name_f] is such a gorgeous name, with plenty of good nickname and shortform options too ([name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], etc.)!

I think it’s too feminissima, though, to have a unisex middle name. [name_f]Estella[/name_f] makes [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] look even more masculine, while [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is making the beautiful [name_f]Estella[/name_f] look a bit weak.

If [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] holds meaning for you, though, it still works well enough, otherwise I’d pick a different middle.