Estelle nn and mn ideas please!

I’ve just discovered [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and am loving it - do you think this is too far of a stretch to get nn ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’? What would you use as a nn? I’m not sure how I feel about [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

Also I’m trying to think of a good middle pairing, so far we have
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

Surname is two syllables starting with W. Any suggestions welcome!

Hello! I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is the perfect nickname for [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] because of that last syllable. I absolutely love [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is easily gotten because of the last syllable. Other nicknames could be [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Essie[/name_f]. From the combos you said, [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is my favorite and I also like it with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] sounds a bit choppy to me.

Some other names that might work well as a middle: [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Vivia[/name_f], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f], [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is stunning!! I don’t think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] would be a stretch at all.

I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] works fine but to me [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is such a distinctive name, it seems a shame to shorten it to [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] which seems to be everywhere these days, the diminutive for every name from [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] to [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and also used on its own. Stellie??

I agree with [name_f]Pam[/name_f] that while you can use [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] for [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] why would you want to use such an ubiquitous nn for such a distinctive name? If you have to have a a nn,[name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Estie[/name_f], Stellie, [name_f]Essa[/name_f], [name_f]Esta[/name_f], would be more distinctive. You could also use [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], but again I don’t feel it does [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] justice.

I like [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] from your list.
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Christiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]

Agree with above: [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is pretty but a tad low key and even dowdy compared to [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] - I’d use [name_f]Esta[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], [name_f]Stelle[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or try to insist on [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f].

Or: [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Bryony[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Karina[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] works perfectly as a nickname. From your list my favourite is [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is lovely
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] works but if it were me I would use [name_f]Essie[/name_f]. Keep it unique like the full name :slight_smile:

I know I’m in the minority, but… [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] isn’t my taste at all. I prefer [name_f]Estella[/name_f]/[name_f]Estela[/name_f], especially with your middle name options. The nickname Stella would work much better will Estella. Then again, my taste is really frilly and I only like girls’ names that are at least 3 syllables long and end in the letter a…

I have an aunt [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] who often goes by [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. Great name choice btw! I rarely hear or see it.

In my mind [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] shortens seamlessly into [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]!
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] totally works but there’s so much nickname potential (all previously listed) that honestly I would wait to meet [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] if this is the name you choose and then see what feels right.

Thank you so much for your comments! It’s my husband that wants the nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] - I’m really in love with this name so needed that to get it over the line :slight_smile:
I think it’s between [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] in the middle, perhaps [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is slightly ahead but will give that a bit more thought.

I like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is very easy and obvious nickname! So is [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Estee[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], and possibly even [name_f]Stelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? Or may be [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is too much of a stretch.

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are wonderful! Personally, I used to have [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] on my list. Nothing ever really stuck for long, though, because it never felt just quite ‘right’ to me.