Esther? Honest thoughts

Hi, everyone! What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Esther[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the sound of it? I love the meaning “star”.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you know anyone named [name_f]Esther[/name_f]? (It’s ranked 167 here on nameberry, but I can’t really tell if that is too popular or not)
What middle would you pair it with? Other names I like: [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. I’m open to any other suggestions.

• Love
  • It’s ok
  • Not my style at all

0 voters

TIA

It used to be one I couldn’t wrap my head around (pronunciation is a little hard in my accent.) Then I named a character [name_f]Esther[/name_f], and ever since I have adored it!! If I never end up going through with this book I might have to use it for a middle or something. I’m loving [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

1 Like

I know three girls named [name_f]Ester[/name_f] (this spelling is more popular where I’m from). I absolutely adore it and funnily enough I find [name_f]Esther[/name_f] slightly unappealing even if it’s almost the same name. Both are great solid names though.

All 3 I know are mid 20s though and they have no middle names, only one of them is [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Ester[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is sweet. It’s a nice, classic choice that’s still interesting, and I love nicknames [name_f]Essie[/name_f] and [name_f]Estie[/name_f].

1 Like

Esther [name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Yvonne[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_u]Dominique[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Calico[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f] so much! It’s so sultry, but versatile and works on so many ages. [name_m]Just[/name_m] gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Esther [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] flows together so nicely! I’d definitely use this

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about [name_f]Esther[/name_f] as a name until one day shopping, when I heard a mom call her little girl [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. I immediately thought, How sweet! I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], and suggest [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Noemi[/name_f].

1 Like

Esther is such a BA in the Bible, I love her dearly!! The name itself is kinda serious, but not bad. It’s just not my favorite as I tend to prefer names with more of a flair.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. I know two people named [name_f]Esther[/name_f] in their 20s, and an [name_f]Esther[/name_f] who is a toddler. [name_f]My[/name_f] hesitation with using it is that it still has a pretty significant religious affiliation, and I am not religious. But I love the sound and the meaning.

1 Like

I went to school with an [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. I like it, nice sound.

1 Like

I know a bunch of Esthers and it was my grandma’s name. Very common in Jewish communities for all ages although it’s definitely an “old lady name”. I love it anyway - even though I have [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] instead on my list.

Esther [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], or [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] are my favorites from your list. Maybe [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] or [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]?

2 Likes

Esther [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] would be lovely :heart:

Esther is a personal favorite of mine. [name_f]Essie[/name_f] is an adorable nickname

1 Like

I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f] so much!! It’s one of my all-time favorites. I’ve never met a single woman of any age with the name. It’s a beautiful vintage choice, and I’d love to see it get more use. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it! [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] or [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], would be lovely! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite combos are [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotta[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Esther[/name_f]’s okay. It seems old fashioned to me but not in a way I love. I do like the meaning. I don’t know anyone named [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

1 Like

I’m in the UK and I feel like it’s a familiar name. I have two friends called [name_f]Esther[/name_f] - one comes from the Central [name_f]Africa[/name_f], actually. I really like the sound of the name and its meaning (ditto [name_f]Aster[/name_f]).

2 Likes

I know an [name_f]Esther[/name_f] in her 30s and it’s so adorable on her. I think it’s actually quite chic.

1 Like

I have a two year old named [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Blessing[/name_f]! :purple_heart:

4 Likes