Etta Jones

[name]Carson[/name] [name]Daly[/name] and his girlfriend [name]Siri[/name] just welcomed their second child, daughter [name]Etta[/name] [name]Jones[/name]. She joins big brother [name]Jackson[/name] [name]James[/name].

I’m not quite sure what to think of the name. It’s almost [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name], and I love [name]Etta[/name], but it’s awfully close. [name]Carson[/name]'s middle name is [name]Jones[/name], so perhaps that’s where the middle name came from. It wouldn’t surprise me if [name]Carson[/name] is a fan of [name]Etta[/name]'s ,but I don’t know.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn’t do [name]Etta[/name] [name]Jones[/name] because it’s so close to [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name], but I love [name]Etta[/name] and mns rarely get said out loud too much.

[name]Etta[/name] is cute and [name]Jones[/name] has the family significance. I was wondering when a celebrity would use [name]Etta[/name]. It is pretty close to [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name], but that isn’t the worst association.
I like the name. It is simple but cute.

I don’t think I would’ve made the [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name] connection without you pointing it out, but now that you have it it very close. I like it, though. I agree that [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name] isn’t a bad association, and I think that [name]Etta[/name] is a really nice choice. I love that the middle is after her dad.

It’s not nearly as obvious as say, when [name]Niki[/name] [name]Taylor[/name] named her son [name]Rex[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] or when [name]Celine[/name] [name]Dion[/name] named her twins [name]Nelson[/name] and [name]Eddy[/name] (too close to be a coincidence? ) but I think the name is growing on me. [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name] is rather lovely!

Who is [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name]?

@rollo She’s a very famous American singer who unfortunately passed away earlier this year. [name]Etta[/name]'s rendition of At Last is iconic-perhaps you might recognize her from that song?

Beautiful name <3

Blech I really really don’t like the name [name]Etta[/name]…

I love the name [name]Etta[/name]. I am surprised that [name]Carson[/name] went with such an unusual name since his son has a very popular name.

I like [name]Etta[/name]…don’t like [name]Jones[/name]. Too boyish for a girl name (even if it is [name]Carson[/name]'s middle name)…and also too close to [name]James[/name] ([name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name]), too. Something like [name]Etta[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or another really girly name would’ve been more my style if I was going to go with [name]Etta[/name] as a first name.

I love [name]Etta[/name]! It’s really popped that name on the radar for me!

I would never use [name]Etta[/name] personally, but I thought that [name]Carson[/name]'s choice of [name]Etta[/name] [name]Jones[/name] was just lovely. I do agree though that it was unexpected because his son has a very popular name and [name]Etta[/name] isn’t even ranked in the top 1000!