Eunice

I’m not even sure [name]Eunice[/name] will work in the mn spot as our last name is Sharkey. The “iss” sound at the end of [name]Eunice[/name] blends too much with the “Sh” in Sharkey. [name]Don[/name]'t you think?

Not sure why I’m stressing over the mn when dh and I still can’t agree on the first name. >:(

I don’t think that the /s/ blending with the /sh/ should prevent you from using the name. She will only be called by all 3 names .01% of the time.

Ditto! I think the meaning is more important than the flow, unless, of course, it really bothers you. And if you use two middles, such as [name]Eunice[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Eunice[/name] [name]Maria[/name], or [name]Eunice[/name] [name]Marielle[/name], they’ll be another name between [name]Eunice[/name] and Sharkey.

I love how you want to honor your Grandma! :slight_smile:

Take care!

I thought I mentioned this in teh previous post as well when I mentioned [name]Euna[/name] but I didn’t - I meant to say that [name]Eunice[/name] is actually pretty (if take away the old lady association like many names are these days) and liek others have said your gramma’s name is [name]Eunice[/name] and you want to honor her… so I think you should go w/ [name]Eunice[/name] (even as a first name) and give her a middle name she can fall back on (on the off chance she doesn’t like [name]Eunice[/name]) and you’re good to go!

I say “Names don’t have expiry dates.” I also admit that I dislike a lot of old names.

If I think about [name]Eunice[/name]… I don’t mind -is ending sounds, so what’s wrong with it? My problem isn’t that I see it as “old lady”. I remember [name]Eunice[/name] Gayson. I always think of her awkward last name when I see [name]Eunice[/name], and that’s the main thing ruining the name for me.

I won’t say not to use it, which means that I’ll have to advise you to use it, just to show that not everyone says “no”.

I love [name]Eunice[/name]…honestly, it is TOTALLY ready for a comeback! I had a [name]Eunice[/name] in my kindergarten class last year and she was the cutest, spunkiest, most fashionable little [name]Eunice[/name] in the world. She made me fall in love with the name and I even suggested it to my husband for our own baby’s name (we had a gender surprise)…we ended up having a boy so it didn’t matter, but I still love [name]Eunice[/name]!