Eva or Ava?

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Eva[/name] (E-vuh) or [name]Ava[/name] (AY-vuh) better? I really just prefer [name]Eve[/name] but I have both the others on my list. I want to eliminate one please help.

1 Like

I prefer [name]Eva[/name]. You can still pronounce it Ay-vuh if you like, because in most romance languages, that’s how [name]Eva[/name] is pronounced. Hollywood just changed the spelling for [name]Gardner[/name] to make it unique.

I also like [name]Chava[/name] and [name]Chaya[/name], the Israeli versions of the name.

I much prefer [name]Eva[/name]. [name]Ava[/name] is pretty but it doesn’t have the original vintage, spunky flair that it did before it became popular. [name]Eva[/name] seems soft but also fun and interesting. It’s popular, but far less popular than [name]Ava[/name].

I can’t stand the pn AY-va of [name]Eva[/name]. E-va seems very British and regal… AY-va makes it seem more back-street Spanish, if you know what I mean.

I also really like [name]Ada[/name], [name]Alva[/name] (or [name]Ailbhe[/name], but [name]Alva[/name] is perfectly legitimate) and [name]Aoife[/name], pn EE-fa.

Definitely [name]Eva[/name]. I’ve never liked [name]Ava[/name] for some reason.

I prefer [name]Ava[/name]. [name]Eva[/name] rubs me the wrong way because I knew an annoying child with that name.

[name]Ava[/name] is way too popular, so [name]Eva[/name]. Plus, if you prefer [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name] is more similar sounding to [name]Eve[/name]. So, that should make the elimination process a little more simpler. :wink:

I prefer [name]Eva[/name], and as a previous poster said, you can pronounce it ‘[name]Ava[/name]’ if you wish.

[name]Eva[/name] esp if you like [name]Eve[/name] because she could use both

[name]Ava[/name].

It drives me crazy that I never know how to pronounce [name]Eva[/name] – is it Eeee-vuh? Is it Aaaa-vuh? Of course, name her [name]Ava[/name] and half the folks will still spell it [name]Eva[/name]. I would avoid both these names for this reason.

[name]Eve[/name] is beautiful (and clear!)

I love them both, but eliminated [name]Ava[/name] from my list based purely on popularity.

[name]Eva[/name]! I really, really don’t understand the appeal behind [name]Ava[/name]–it just doesn’t appeal to me at all. I love that [name]Eva[/name] could be EE-vah or AY-vah. I love saying “AY-vah” with my probably-bad Spanish accent, haha.

Then again, if [name]Eve[/name] is in the running, I say scrap [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Ava[/name], and go for [name]Eve[/name]! I think it’s truly stunning, and it’s one of my favorite names. :slight_smile:

They are both very popular right now but I’ve always liked [name]Ava[/name]. I actually like [name]Eve[/name] better than both, I think [name]Eve[/name] is a great name!