Eva or Eve?

See the results of this poll: Eva or Eve?

Respondents: 8 (This poll is closed)

• Eva!: 4 (50%)
  • Eve!: 4 (50%)

Blueberri, I am in love with the names [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Eva[/name]!! [name]Both[/name] are near the VERY top of my list of favorite girl names!

Technically, I like [name]Eve[/name] a teensy bit more. Supposedly, [name]Eva[/name] has the potential to get mixed up with [name]Ava[/name]. However, I would choose between them based on the syllables of (and flow with) the last name and whether the name would be a first or middle name.

For a first name: With a one-syllable last name, I would almost certainly choose [name]Eva[/name] (for example: [name]Eva[/name] [name]Jones[/name]). However, with a longer last name, I would choose [name]Eve[/name] (for example: [name]Eve[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]).

For a middle name: I would choose depending on how they flowed with the first and last name. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is a combo that I personally love.

I hope you get a chance to use one of these ultra-beautiful names!

Aww, thank you! I hope I do to. Currently a name-loving teen, so I don’t know what the last name will be, but that would impact my favorite, definitely. I would love [name]Eve[/name] more too, I think, as it’s less popular and less likely to be confused with [name]Ava[/name], but I have a friend [name]Eve[/name] and it might be a little weird if we still knew each other. (although the likelihood I’ll know her in 10-15 years is small) For [name]Eva[/name] I love [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], but I feel [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Eve[/name] flows better than [name]Eve[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name].