Eva Philomena?

What do you think of the name [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f]? We’re considering this combination for one of our twin girls. Is it too many “ee” sounds? That’s our main worry with the name.

Thanks!

The “ee” sounds are far enough apart (first syllable in [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and the third syllable in [name_f]Philomena[/name_f]) so I don’t think it’s a big worry. Personally, I hear the a’s more than the e’s. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] would sound better but I do prefer [name_f]Eva[/name_f] as a name. If you don’t mind the similar “a” endings, I say go for it!

@mischa [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that the repeating "a"s are okay or are they too repetitive?

I logged in on my phone just to let you know I think that [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] is stunning!! I don’t think any of the sounds are too repetitive at all. Congrats!

I also think [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] is stunning.

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] is gorgeous! I adore it. I do get what you mean, though. The emphasis is pretty much the same on the same elements of the name. EE-vah fil-oh-MEE-nah. It still emphasizes the “E” sound, ends with an “A”, and has a single letter in between. I mean, it’s not [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Ina[/name_f], which would be even worse, but I did notice it straightaway, and I had a similar concern. I don’t think it’s disconcerting enough to get rid of [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] as a combo, though! It has taken me genuinely at least a year, if not more, to finally come up with an [name_f]Eva[/name_f] combo I love ([name_f]Eva[/name_f] Madelief [name_u]Dagny[/name_u]!), so honestly, if you find something that you love, seriously. Run with it! [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] is gorgeous. :slight_smile: