Eva...

Sorry everyone that I’ve been [name]MIA[/name] from here for the past 3 months! Having 3 kids is a lot tougher than I thought it would be!! Anyway, I was thinking about names the other day, realized I hadn’t been on in a while, and thought I’d come ask what you guys thought about this name I’m currently in [name]LOVE[/name] with.

I heard [name]Eva[/name] at my daughters dance school like a week ago? I’ve heard [name]Ava[/name] and even [name]Eva[/name] pronounced (Eh-vah) but this little girl said it ([name]Eve[/name]-ah) and it sounded like a breath of fresh air from all the little Kaylees and Addisons that are running around. I literally [name]LOVE[/name] it. I know it would probably get mispronounced all the time and she’d be constantly correcting people, but if I ever had another girl I’d love this. What do people think?

[name]Eva[/name] is one of my ULTRA favorite girl names!!! ! Pronounced [name]Eve[/name]-uh, of course. In fact, it is #2 on my list of names lined up for a future daughter. If I could just have twin girls’ right now!! [name]Eva[/name] is way underused, and I think it would be awesome if you used this name for a daughter. It’s gorgeous!!

I immediately think of the pronunciation [name]Eve[/name]-uh when I see the name in print. If people happen to mispronounce it, at least it is a very simple, quick correction. Once they hear the name, it should be very easy to remember. [name]Long[/name] E is a strong vowel.

Yes, it is a very pretty name. It would not get mispronounced - I’ve only ever heard it pronounced [name]Eve[/name]-uh. Maybe I was saying it wrong? Who knows. Anyway, very pretty!

[name]Eva[/name] with a long E is the standard English pronunciation. Short E is Spanish, long A is northern European.

[name]Eva[/name] (ee-vah) is my daughter’s name ([name]Eva[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]), and people usually don’t mispronounce it. People sometimes call her [name]Ava[/name], because that is such a popular name, but I don’t think they’re mispronouncing [name]Eva[/name]. I just think they hear [name]Eva[/name] and think they heard [name]Ava[/name] (if that makes sense!). We love her name, and so does she. She’s four. It’s a great name!!!

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]How[/name]'ve you been? I love [name]Eva[/name], too! I think it’s so elegant! [name]Every[/name] [name]Eva[/name] I’ve known (I’m in the US) has pronounced her name as ee-va, so that’s how I’m used to pronouncing it.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Oh, its so good to hear that everyone pronounces it [name]Eva[/name], and that it’s not too popular! I can’t get enough of it, I think it’s gorgeous! Thanks for the input everyone!

I know what you mean. [name]Eva[/name] delights the heck out of me too. I probably won’t get to use it, but I hope you do!!!