Evalda? Opinions please!

Hello everyone,

I met a little girl with this name the other day. It is pronounced eh-[name]VAL[/name]-da. I thought it was really pretty and unusual. What do you all think?

Thanks, [name]Sarah[/name]

I dont care for it but that might be because the is a town called Uvalde (you [name]VAL[/name] dee) near my city and that’s instantly what I thought of. I do love most of the names related to [name]Eve[/name] though.

I think it’s cute, and I love possible nickname [name]Evie[/name]

Not a fan, it sounds too much like “evolve.” Not a good image, LOL.

I am not a fan of the name. I do like the name [name]Eve[/name], which is close to that. I think that a better idea (if you like names with the name [name]Eve[/name] in them) is [name]Eva[/name]. A plus is that it would have a cute nickname like [name]Evie[/name].

I’m not a fan of it.

It’s ok. It sounds like it would be a witch’s name in a children’s book…

It’s okay but I don’t particularly like it.

This is interesting. My name is Evalda… I’ve always wondered about whether it’s legit name: I guess if there is more than just me it must be! [name]Sarah[/name] - I went by [name]Evie[/name] (eh-vee) as a child but am universally [name]Val[/name] now! I think it’s a name which is inevitably going to be shortened to [name]Val[/name]… [name]Hope[/name] that helps

I really like it! I just added it to my list, so thank you for mentioning it! ^^
If you want some history, it’s probably a feminine form of the [name]German[/name] boys name [name]Ewald[/name], via Scandinavian variant Evald. There are actually 300 men named Evald in Norway which is more than I would have guessed! It means law/custom+rule.