Evander

What does everyone think of [name_m]Evander[/name_m]? I haven’t been able to find a boy name I like until I found [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. I am not a big fan of [name_u]Van[/name_u] as a nickname but like the idea of [name_u]Ever[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think its too feminine? What caught my eye was the meaning which I think is Good [name_m]Man[/name_m]

I like it pretty well and used to have it on my list, until I married a man who has a last name that would clash horribly with it. Anyhow, I don’t really like any of the possible nicknames for [name_m]Evander[/name_m], though. I think [name_u]Ever[/name_u] would be a bit of a stretch, but not awful. I don’t think [name_m]Evander[/name_m] sounds feminine at all, by the way.

I really like [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. It’s very handsome, great meaning (which I find a rare joy in boys’ names), different and unusual, and not too feminine at all in my opinion. I agree with the previous poster in that I don’t personally love any of [name_m]Evander[/name_m]'s nicknames (I kind of like Ev), but [name_u]Van[/name_u] and [name_u]Ever[/name_u] are fine. If it was [name_u]Ever[/name_u] you were worried about being too feminine, then as a nickname, that I’d assume wouldn’t be used too often, I don’t think that’s a problem.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_m]Evander[/name_m]! We’re currently thinking of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as a MN for our next baby and I think its similar in sound but without being so popular - I might suggest it to my hubby now…

Nickname wise, I would just let a natural nickname for your baby come about. I call ours Mr Pickles, lol. I don’t think [name_m]Evander[/name_m] really needs a NN outside of the family, its quiet similar to [name_m]Xander[/name_m] and although its 3 syllables it just doesn’t seem that long to me for some reason.

sorry - double post

I like the name [name_m]Evander[/name_m] nn [name_u]Andy[/name_u], [name_m]Ander[/name_m], Ev

Thanks everyone for the responses!! I love the suggestion of Ev for a nickname!

[name_m]Evander[/name_m] is amazing and so underused. A great choice!

I almost feel bad pitching in because the response has been so positive so far, but I’m not a fan. [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is one if those names to me that sounds like it’s trying too hard. And I will always associate it with [name_m]Evander[/name_m] Holyfield and how he got his ear bitten off by [name_m]Mike[/name_m] [name_u]Tyson[/name_u].

I love [name_m]Evander[/name_m], yes it was the name of [name_m]Evander[/name_m] Holyfield but it was used way, way before that. I also was drawn to the meaning and I love the sound of this name. I think it’s a great alternative to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_u]Evan[/name_u]. Honestly, I don’t think it needs a nickname but I do like Ev!

I love [name_m]Evander[/name_m], yes it is the name of [name_m]Evander[/name_m] Holyfield but it was used way, way before that. I also was drawn to the meaning and I love the sound of this name. I think it’s a great alternative to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_u]Evan[/name_u]. Honestly, I don’t think it needs a nickname but I do like Ev!

I really think [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is a handsome name! I like [name_u]Van[/name_u], but [name_u]Ever[/name_u] works too- although I dont think it needs a nickname!

I really like the idea of Ev as a nickname!

I think [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is a fine name. It doesn’t excite me, but it’s strong and quirky and definitely deserves more use.

I really like [name_m]Evander[/name_m], but I don’t like [name_u]Ever[/name_u] as a nickname. I think that the name itself is great on its own without a nickname!

I love it. Strong name, yet the meaning gives it a somewhat sensitive vibe.

I don’t love [name_u]Ever[/name_u], it’s a bit too far in the other direction (soft) for my taste. Tho I don’t love [name_u]Van[/name_u] quite either. Not sure what I would do… Probably just [name_m]Vander[/name_m], occasionally [name_u]Van[/name_u] or Ev… But if you like [name_u]Ever[/name_u], I think it works.