Eva's Sister???

My first baby is due in 2 months and we we SO sure we’d had the perfect name for her… and then came all the second guessing. Whereas I was once hung up on choosing a unique, elegant name (first [name]Evelina[/name], nn [name]Evie[/name], then [name]Elysia[/name], nn [name]Ellie[/name]), I realize now that since this is a decision that we (and she!) will live with for her entire life, what’s most important is that we choose a name we love. I like [name]Evelina[/name] and [name]Elysia[/name], but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eva[/name]. It’s simple, it’s elegant, it’s sweet, it’s sophisticated, it’s stylish… it’s… the name!

But that leaves me in a bind, because now I need to at least foresee the issues this raises for our future children. I like short names for boys, but girls are harder! I love [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Isla[/name], but these all seem too similar to [name]Eva[/name]. Most of the other girl names I like are longer names that get shortened, but I’m seeking uniformity here. If one baby gets a full name without being shortened, they all must!

So, here’s where I ask you for help: What names do you think would go nicely with [name]Eva[/name], should she have a sister in the future? I love E names but would prefer to give each child their own first initial. And, again, it must not be a full name unto itself- not one prone to nicknames.

I think [name]Lily[/name] works. It’s the kind of name we’re looking for: a short, but full name, sweet, and has an ending distinct from [name]Eva[/name]'s “a”. Sadly, not in love with [name]Lily[/name], so… still looking!

[name]Eva[/name] is a gorgeous name!!

Her sisters could be:

[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Dana[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]

Thanks! I do love [name]Claire[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thoughts on [name]Laney[/name]?

A few others:

[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]

[name]Laney[/name] is cute, but I like it best as a nn for [name]Elaine[/name]. (I wouldn’t use it myself, but I’ve always seen [name]Elaine[/name] as pretty and never overused.)

A similar name to [name]Laney[/name] is [name]Lacey[/name], which I think sounds more complete and less like a nn.

What about, [name]Eva[/name] and;

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]

I think that [name]Eva[/name] is beautiful! :slight_smile:

Short names (no A endings) I can see with [name]Eva[/name] (sorry for repeats):

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] (I can totally see [name]Eva[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name]…)
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]/[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]

What I love about [name]Eva[/name], is that it can either have a classic vibe or an exotic feel. When it’s paired with names like [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] it feels classic to me, and with names like [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Simone[/name], it feels more exotic.

Take care! :slight_smile:

I agree! It’s my daughter’s name and I just love it. I am 7 1/2 months pregnant now and looking for boys and girls names to match. [name]Lily[/name] is in the top 3. Our numbers 1 and 2 are [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Zara[/name].

I am also attracted to similar names like [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]! The only negative I have found for the name [name]Eva[/name] is that I have had to rule out so many other names I love because they are too similar: [name]Eli[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Ella[/name] [name]Eden[/name] (for the Garden of [name]Eden[/name] being to matchy rather than sound!). But it’s a sacrifice I was willing to make for my the perfect name!

Go for it!

[name]Jemma[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Brigid[/name]
[name]Annie[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]