Eve and Ivy

I absolutely love both! And each has a personal meaning to me. I’m considering using one as my writing name (I’ll be submitting my first novel soon) the last name will probably be [name]Katell[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katell[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] [name]Katell[/name]?

Which is your favorite? What are your thoughts and impressions of each?

Thanks a bunch!

I personally like the look of [name]Eve[/name] [name]Katell[/name] the best.

Maybe it depends on the genre you’re writing? [name]Eve[/name] seems softer to me while [name]Ivy[/name] is spunky. [name]Eve[/name] seems more mature maybe?–I don’t want to say grown up because I don’t think [name]Ivy[/name] is childish but maybe it’s that [name]Ivy[/name] is kind of a “today” kind of name while [name]Eve[/name] could be of any generation? They’re both good, strong names. I might vote [name]Eve[/name] [name]Katell[/name].

Thank you!

My main genre is [name]Young[/name] Adult, target audience 14-22 probably mostly appealing to girls. And my novels usually have a bit of a science fiction or fantasy element, but it’s definately not the focus. Think [name]James[/name] [name]Patterson[/name] meets [name]Michael[/name] [name]Crighton[/name] with a tiny touch of J.K. Rowling :slight_smile:

I’m wanting something fresh, easy to spell but unusual, appealing to teenagers, and with a slight fairytale or magical feeling. Other names on my list are [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Briar[/name] and [name]Ever[/name].

For the genre you write, I think [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katell[/name] is best - beautiful but spunky. (I adore both, though!)

Another vote for [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katell[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile: