Eve or Evie?

My baby is due Dec 10. I am having the hardest time finding a name both my husband and I agree on.

I really like Evie but its a nickname and my husband doesn’t think it should be her full name. I hate all of the proper names that we could use Evie as a nickname (Evelyn, Genevieve, Everly, nope…)

I thought about doing Eve which I like and could still call her Evie. I’ve looked at thousands of names and I keep coming back to Evie/Eve. But I feel like it needs a longer middle name that flows well.

My favorite is Eve Noelle (although I think Evie Noelle flows better) and since she is a December baby, I thought it would make sense. Just not sure if its to Christmasy? Or still too short?

What are your thoughts on it?
Feel free to suggest other names. I want it to be feminine, strong and with a beautiful meaning.

Help a girl out! Im losing sleep and don’t want her to be born without name picked out before!

Appreciate any help! :slight_smile:

Lara

I’d probably just use [name_f]Evie[/name_f] but since your husband doesn’t like it, [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is a good option!

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is very christmasy but it’s also very pretty! [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelia[/name_f] would be another sweet choice.

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] maybe?

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] Jospehine, [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f]?

[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] or [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] might be other ‘[name_f]Evie[/name_f]’ options

Possibily even an E.V name, to make [name_f]Evie[/name_f] -[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] also came to mind

I think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is beautiful! If your last name is long, I think that would be ideal, but as long as your last name isn’t like a three letter-one syllable, I think it works!

I like the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f], but I think I’d agree with your husband that I would have a hard time having that be on her birth certificate. I actually prefer the flow of [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] to [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f].

Try not to stress! You still have lots of time before she comes! I think it is a Christmassy combo, but I don’t mind it! In fact, I think it’s pretty sweet. My only thought is [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] in [name_m]French[/name_m], so [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is sort of like [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]? That said, that doesn’t bother me, and most people probably wouldn’t make the connection.

A couple other middle name suggestions:
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Catriona[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Julietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Arielle[/name_f]

I think there are some really pretty combos in there, but I still like [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]!
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f], and I think it gives her something more formal if she decides she wants it in the future.

We have this same problem but reversed. My husband loves [name_f]Evie[/name_f] for a third girl but I think it’s not quite right for an adult. But I’m not sure about having a longer name with a nickname since both of my girls’ names are no-nickname names.

What about [name_f]Eva[/name_f]? [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] sounds stunning, and she could be called [name_f]Evie[/name_f], or [name_f]Eve[/name_f].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is gorgeous. I agree that [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is more proper as a full name than [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. It’s beautiful…classy, sweet & sophisticated. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is adorable & almost has a pixie like quality.

Other ideas:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f]/[name_f]Ani[/name_f]

[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]/[name_f]Ani[/name_f]/[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]/[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]/Idgie

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]/[name_f]Juno[/name_f]/[name_f]Junie[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

Meriwen/[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

[name_f]Maisy[/name_f]…I like this as a nn for [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] best, but also [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] work.

[name_f]Niamh[/name_f]

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Livy[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]/[name_f]Livy[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]

[name_f]Sofie[/name_f]

[name_u]Skye[/name_u]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]/[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivie[/name_f]

[name_u]Vida[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivie[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

Also, do you like [name_f]Eva[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]? That’s another pretty option. Also, I’ve heard [name_f]Eibhlin[/name_f] said ‘Ev-lin’ or ‘[name_f]Eve[/name_f]-lin’. And I’ve also heard it said like [name_f]Eileen[/name_f]. Maybe both are right? I think that [name_f]Eibhlin[/name_f] said [name_f]Eve[/name_f]-lin nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is lovely.

Other [name_f]Eve[/name_f] mn ideas:

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] Trixibelle

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Tallula[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I would just call her [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. Such a sweet name, age well, and doesnt sound cutesy. Why name her [name_f]Eve[/name_f] when you plan on calling her [name_f]Evie[/name_f]?

Some combos (sorry for any repeats)

[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]

I agree that [name_f]Eve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is a better name for her whole life, as [name_f]Evie[/name_f] can be quite cutesy on an adult.

Personally, I think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is very Christmassy, but not unusably so, and totally appropriate for a [name_u]December[/name_u] babe. I will point out that if she comes even a couple of weeks early (knock on wood) she’ll be more of a Thanksgiving baby than a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] one, so a Christmassy name might feel a bit strange.

I also agree that a multi-syllable, feminine name works best in the middle, since [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is so short. I like a name with balance. Mostly, I’m liking things that begin and end with a vowel sound.

My suggestions are:

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] Alara <–personally, I like that this one is a nod to your name, but that’s a matter of taste
Eve Alexandria
Eve Amalia
Eve Aurelia
Eve Caroline
Eve Jocelyn
Eve Madeleine
Eve Ophelia
Eve Oriana

I think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is stunning - flows even better than [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] in my opinion. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is an adorable nickname, and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] gives her the option to go by a different name professionally/in general (since [name_f]Evie[/name_f] by itself can’t be shortened to different nicknames).