Eve or Felicity

See the results of this poll: Felicity or Eve

Respondents: 57 (This poll is closed)

• Felicity : 33 (58%)
  • Eve: 24 (42%)

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is too old fashioned in my opinion, and you have so many different options for nicknaming [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] than you do [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. Also, [name_f]Evie[/name_f] sounds too young for someone who has to actually grow up with that nickname.

My vote goes to [name_f]Eve[/name_f].
It’s classic, simple and beautiful.

I agree with your regarding [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. It’s a pretty name, but most of the nn’s are no-go’s for me.

I voted for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

Both are great but one’s a lot longer than the other so I would test which one sounds better with the last name. I also don’t see the relation between [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and “bye [name_f]Felicia[/name_f]”. It’s a far stretch and one that should be easily ignored.

I love both names, but [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is so underused! Either establish that she won’t use NNs from the get-go (until she is old enough to actually decide for herself, at which point you really can’t do much about it), or keep looking for one you like (it doesn’t have to be one of the traditional NN options for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]).

Here are a few ideas…

[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
Liss/[name_f]Lissa[/name_f]/Lissy
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Lili[/name_f]
[name_f]Leelee[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]
[name_u]Issy[/name_u]
[name_f]Tia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
Tee/[name_f]Tea[/name_f]

I hugely prefer [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

My sister’s name is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and to people outside my family she is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. We almost exclusively call her Flissy or Fliss but if you introduce her as [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], most people will call her [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I know people who’ve been called by their full names their whole lives with very little nicknaming.

However when my sister was little a lot of the kids her age weren’t able to pronounce her name properly and would end up calling her [name_f]Flossy[/name_f] or something similar. This may not be the case with you depending on where you’re from as [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is gaining popularity in the USA and [name_f]England[/name_f] (not where I’m from though), but just be prepared that small kids might not be able to pronounce her name properly and end up nicknaming her.

I have no idea what “by [name_f]Felicia[/name_f]” is - nor would I even try for an established nn for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I think it’s a beautiful name. You could name her [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and casually call her [name_f]Effie[/name_f] for F.E. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] got my vote!!

I think if you really love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] you should go with it. I think it’s a very pretty name. [name_f]Eve[/name_f], while nice as well feels much more common these days and not quite as special and unique as [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I wasn’t family with the Bye [name_f]Felicia[/name_f] reference so had to look it up. I don’t think it’s a big deal as it’s actually a different name and dates back 1995 originally so that’s 20+ years before this baby will be born.

I had a roommate in college named [name_f]Felicia[/name_f] and she went by her full name. I never thought to give her a nickname. Although now that I think about it, City would make a pretty cool nickname. Good luck!

I honestly don’t like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] at all, but [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is on my name list. I think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is also getting popular, too, depending on where you live. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though, you should use it if you love it. You could always use one as a first name and the other as a middle.

Thanks everybody for the input!! Our last name is watts. Although [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] does have some cute nicknames they’re just not my taste. In addition the comments about kids being not being able to pronounce her name (with so many syllables) is something I hadn’t thought of. Which may lead to nicknaming which is kind of out of hands at that point.

My name is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and to everybody outside of my family I am a [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. My family calls me Fliss (not all the time) and my oldest and dearest friends know me as [name_f]Flick[/name_f] (which is a nickname I chose to use as a teenager). If you’re not a fan of the natural nicknames that come with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], I really wouldn’t worry as nobody has ever tried to “give” me one without me initiating it first. It’s a timeless name and, if you love it, I think you should go for it.

Since your last name is so short, use [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and call her [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or your choice of the multiple nn that could come from this longer name.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Watts called [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_u]Van[/name_u], [name_u]Vannie[/name_u], [name_u]Angie[/name_u], [name_u]Angel[/name_u], [name_u]Evan[/name_u], Evana…

I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. I completely agree about how adorable [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is. I think it is simple and strong. I think its simplicity is powerful. It does not conjure up an image of a certain kind of girl, and that is part of why I love it. It is an open enough canvas for any kind of girl to own in her own way, but not generic or bland if you get what I mean.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] has become quite popular, but [name_f]Eve[/name_f] has not. Not yet at least.

I would use them both…[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. You love them and they are really beautiful. The meaning is also great. [name_f]Happy[/name_f] Life or life of happiness. Then you call her [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and still use [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. Sorry if this solution is too simplistic.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] 100%

I voted for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. Nn’s aren’t a must! My DH and his sister don’t have nn’s. His parents disliked them and so insisted that teachers use full names which was great because they both have popular names with popular nn’s. I totally does wok!!! It also great that [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is less poplar than all the [name_f]Eve[/name_f]- names at the moment - and i love that it means happiness!!

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is one of my favourites for the exact reasons you described - it’s so classic, streamlined and understated. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] isn’t terrible, but it just doesn’t have the class and presence of [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is one of my favorite names - it’s lively and lilting and has a nice history, and is underused - I’ve never actually met a [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I don’t think it’s associated with “[name_f]Felicia[/name_f],” and the nickname “[name_f]Lissie[/name_f]” is really pretty. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is nice as a middle name, but strikes me as sort of insubstantial for a first.