Eve’s name of the day

Inspired by [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]! (@littlegoat12)

I’m going to use this thread to feature fantastic names! Mine will be in much less detail than [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]’s and probably not every single day (though I’ll backpost to make up for it) just because as lockdown is opening up I’m a lot busier with work!

Today’s name is…

Bence (m)
Pr. BEN-seh

From my research it seems to be a Hungarian variant of [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], and is the most popular boy’s name in Hungary (also used as a nickname for [name_m]Ben[/name_m]- names).

I think this could make for a super fresh alternative to other [name_m]Ben[/name_m] names or an unexpected nickname for [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] etc.

8 Likes

So cool! I love [name_m]Bence[/name_m]!

1 Like

Name of the day today is…

Pascale (f)

This is [name_u]French[/name_u] from Hebrew, meaning ‘passover’. It stems from the latin ‘paschalis’ and ‘pascha’, meaning [name_f]Easter[/name_f], but also ‘pesach’, the word for passover as these holidays were celebrated at a similar time and the words became intertwined. Also spelled [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], it can make an unexpected unisex choice! It ranked highly in [name_f]France[/name_f] in the 60s and has also found popularity in Chile in recent years but remains relatively obscure elsewhere.

What do you guys think?

5 Likes

Loooove [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] :yellow_heart: Super chic and has a quiet poise and confidence to it.

1 Like

I think it’s so underrated!

Today’s name of the day …

Ned

This is my brother’s name and I think it’s so underrated! Historically a nickname for [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], it’s thought to come from the affectionate ‘mine [name_m]Ed[/name_m]’ which later was written as ‘my [name_m]Ned[/name_m]’.

What do you think? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s able to stand alone or would you only consider it as a nickname?

2 Likes

My brother is technically an [name_m]Edward[/name_m] but nobody has ever called him that so I forget he’s not just [name_m]Ned[/name_m] sometimes. I like it better on its own too!

1 Like

Name of the day today:

Betony

From the name of the medicinal herb - an underrated nature name with [name_f]Betty[/name_f] nickname potential. It could be an interesting way to honour an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] too. I think it would be great as a unisex middle.

What do you think?

2 Likes

I quite like it! It could make a great alternative to [name_f]Bethany[/name_f].

It really could!

1 Like

Betony is a great name, and it’s even more perfect with the nickname [name_f]Betty[/name_f]!

1 Like