Eve

hi, I love the name [name]Eve[/name] but really dont like [name]Evie[/name]. Im worried that if i use [name]Eve[/name] people will start calling her [name]Evie[/name] :frowning: what is the likeliness of [name]Eve[/name] being called [name]Evie[/name] by others on a regular basis?Most [name]Eve[/name]'s i know just get called [name]Eve[/name] but with [name]Evie[/name] being more popular than [name]Eve[/name] im just concerned.

Could i make [name]Eve[/name] into a double barrelled first name? if so what names could i use that would go with [name]Eve[/name]? ( surname is skinner).

I think if you decide early on that you want her to be called [name]Eve[/name] and not [name]Evie[/name], people around you will respect your wishes. Let them know ahead of time and correct them in the beginning. Eventually, it’ll catch on. And when she goes to school, she’ll say her name is [name]Eve[/name] so that’s what people will call her.

I know a mom who named her daughter [name]Roseanna[/name], and she did not want her to have a nickname. She graduated high school this year, and she still goes by [name]Roseanna[/name].

I know a three year old named [name]Eve[/name] and she is never called [name]Evie[/name]. I love the name!

Good luck!

I think since [name]Eve[/name] is such a short name, most people won’t feel inclined to use [name]Evie[/name] as a nickname. If it was something like [name]Evelina[/name], then I might worry, but I think you’re fine. [name]Eve[/name] is lovely!

I don’t think a double barreled name with [name]Eve[/name] will work out… most double names start with two syllables, like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or something. Maybe something like [name]Eve[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] [name]Camille[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] would work…

[name]Eve[/name] is a beautiful name. I also prefer it to [name]Evie[/name]/ [name]Eva[/name], etc. I would just let people know that you prefer her to be called [name]Eve[/name]. Hopefully, they will follow your lead.

[name]Eve[/name] is stunning!

I think [name]Evie[/name] is unlikely to be a problem here, given that it lengthens rather than shortens [name]Eve[/name]. If you were naming a child [name]Joseph[/name], for example, and wanted to avoid [name]Joe[/name], than would be a much bigger challenge since it’s quite natural for people to want to shorten names or to cut them off after the first syllable.

I also agree with the previous posters that if you stick to calling her [name]Eve[/name], and even gently remind others who try to stray, people will generally follow your lead (of course, when she’s old enough to decide for herself, all bets are off).

I would NOT use a double barrel name here because I think the appeal of [name]Eve[/name] lies largely in its bold brevity - there is something so charming and sophisticated and almost regal about packing such a strong name into such a small package. Turning it into [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Camille[/name], for example, as a first name just ruins that in my opinion. On the other hand, I think [name]Camille[/name] makes an absolutely gorgeous middle name for [name]Eve[/name]!!

My name is [name]Eve[/name] (b. 1960), and few people have ever called me [name]Evie[/name]. They do tend to embroider the name occasionally…but it ends up being [name]Evo[/name] or [name]Eva[/name] [name]Diva[/name] or Everino, etc. It’s a fun name–go for it!