Eve?

The name [name]Eve[/name] is really growing on me. My mother’s maiden name is [name]Eva[/name], so it’s got a nice family tie-in. And my last name is pretty long. But here’s my question, can you use [name]Eve[/name] as a middle name without it sounding like a holiday?

I love the name [name]Eve[/name] and I think it would sound great in the middle. As long as the first name you use isn’t a word name, then I don’t think it would sound like a holiday.

Good luck!

My middle name is actually [name]Eve[/name], and I’ve always adored it. It goes really well with most first names but is somehow quite uncommon (I’ve never met anyone with that mn and only one person with [name]Eve[/name] as an fn).
I have never been told that it makes me sound overly festive–I nearly always get complimented actually.
Its a great choice, I’d absolutely recommend it as a middle.

I love the meaning and simplicity of [name]Eve[/name], and I love that you’re letting it stand alone. Honestly, the whole holiday association didn’t even occur to me, unless you’re planning to name your daughter [name]Christmas[/name] or New Year’s. :slight_smile:

I agree with pp, as long as the first name isn’t another word name I don’t think the eve connotation would even occur to me. I think [name]Eve[/name] is a beautful middle name that really complements a variety of firsts.