Evelina?

Thoughts on Evelina?

I keep seeing it everywhere. I was casually browsing wedding dresses and fell in love with one named Evelina - it kinda felt like a sign. I think I’m starting to fall in love with this name. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind!

So what do you think? Others my husband and I have agreed on are Luna and Isadora.

7 Likes

Evelina is gorgeous & lively! It reminds me of Springtime. :heart_eyes: How adorable that you saw it on a wedding dress, I would love it even more.

Isadora is another under used gem, & Luna has a way of still feeling magical for me, even if it’s quite popular.
You have a beautiful list!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you like all of them, especially [name_f]Luna[/name_f]! I know once a name gets popular it can lose its charm (that’s what happened to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] for me), so it’s good to know [name_f]Luna[/name_f] still has a touch of magic. I completely agree about [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] too, especially with how popular [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is.

They all feel magical and princessy to me - the wedding dress was even a big beautiful ball gown! I think it’d be a sweet way to make it more of an honor name too, since [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] both have a lot of significance to us.

1 Like

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is very pretty and sweet. It reminds me of flower girls and children in Blyton’s books.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite out of the three is [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]. It’s just so gorgeously underused and glamourously wearable :pleading_face:!

1 Like

I know what you mean! Sometimes names can lose their sparkle, (depending on the person) if they’re too popular. But when a name has a special significance the ranking is almost the last thought, as long as you’re completely in love! Meaning adds an extra touch to an already beautiful name :slight_smile:

& I agree about all 3 feeling very princess like!

1 Like

That’s such a lovely association, thank you! I’m glad everyone is loving [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] too. I chose it after my husband’s grandma, [name_f]Dora[/name_f], so his family obviously loves it!

1 Like

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! So pretty, so fairy-like, loads of nicknames, so international. Overall such a beauty. I have it on my list for potential baby names, though I am far from having kids.

The three names you have would make lovely sisters! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is gorgeous. It’s frilly but not fussy, familiar but underused

1 Like

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is so lovely! A mix of light and whimsical but warm and grounded. So gorgeous! I love it with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], too, except that I can’t quite decide if it bothers me that [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is so close to having [name_f]Luna[/name_f] in it? I don’t think it would deter me in the end, especially because the names feel and sound different in general, but I did notice it. Regardless, I love [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! I completely agree. I’m not big on frilly but I love really feminine names!

Thank you I absolutely love the way you described it! It’s perfect. I definitely see what you mean. The -lina ending is a little common in my husband’s family (we have a [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] and a Catalina) so I think [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] would likely fit right in!

1 Like

Exactly! I think that’s why it’s so hard to see a favorite name become popular, because it doesn’t make you love it any less. I was definitely surprised by how quickly [name_f]Luna[/name_f] climbed the charts, but it’s so close to our hearts that I can’t imagine not using it. Choosing a unique middle I think will help, but I’m glad to know [name_f]Luna[/name_f] isn’t overdone for everyone!

1 Like

THANK YOU!! [name_m]Just[/name_m] reading your comment and feeling your enthusiasm made me light up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: we definitely wanted to go for that international, regal beauty feel, so I’m so glad you feel this way! I agree that they’d be wonderful sisters. It secretly makes me want three daughters :joy:

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] are also beautiful names. Also I just want to mention the name [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f]. It’s like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] combined.

2 Likes

Thank you! [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f] is beautiful - I’ve been seeing it around more lately and it’s so lovely! I slightly prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f] though, mostly because we’d likely shorten her name to [name_f]Luna[/name_f] anyway.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] so much more than tailored [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. It’s so whimsical and yet insists on being taken seriously.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]. I’m not even a big fan of all the [name_f]Eve[/name_f]- names but this one is just so gorgeous. I believe it means light…
but don’t quote me on that. It makes me think of SJ Strum’s daughter, [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is so lovely and completely unexpected! I had a friend in college who always wanted to use this name, and I hope she gets to use it one day. :heart: I am a huge fan of nearly every [name_f]Eve[/name_f] name, but admit to preferring just [name_f]Eva[/name_f], or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], myself. But I would love to have someone in my life with a little [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]! It’s really a stunning name.

1 Like

Omg yes! That’s exactly what it is. :heart_eyes: It’s so feminine and whimsical without compromising any of its seriousness. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] reminds me of [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] a little bit. Definitely reinforces that princessy vibe!

2 Likes

I definitely love all [name_f]Eve[/name_f] names as well. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] are stunning! [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] just happened to check all of the boxes my husband and I tend to like - distinctly feminine, works well in Spanish, obvious nickname potential, intuitive pronunciation/spelling.

I hope your friend also gets to use the name! I would love to see some more Evelinas in the world :heart:

2 Likes