Evelyn

Ladies, I hate to monopolize this board, but you all are so great and helpful that I wanted insight on one other name.

I was just going through my husband’s family tree and discovered that [name]Evelyn[/name] was his grandmother’s sister’s name. I’ve always liked the name but now find it more feasible as it is a family name and my husband is partial to that. Plus I think [name]Evie[/name] for a nn is adorable.

[name]How[/name] do you all feel about [name]Evelyn[/name]?

Thank you again for all your help.

[name]Evie[/name] is a very cute nn, plus [name]Evelyn[/name] isn’t an overused name so it is more personal.

I love it! [name]Evelyn[/name] is a beautiful, sophisticated-sounding name and [name]Evie[/name] makes for a precious nickname :slight_smile:

I adore family names and love [name]Evelyn[/name]! nn [name]Evie[/name] is so cute to! Nice find

[name]Love[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name] so much!

Nice find is right! Initially he only wanted names within his immediate family, i.e. sister, grandparents, aunts… etc. But much to my surprise he wasn’t opposed to family names outside that, AND was on board with [name]Maeve[/name]. Such a great husband! [name]Glad[/name] to hear you all think it’s a good name. I guess I now have a decision between [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] as he is happy with any of those. Thanks again ladies for all of your support and help! Our family and friends are all over the map, so it’s nice to here objective opinions. I really like [name]Beatrice[/name] but he just can’t do it. I would love to hear about those that are naming their child that, or already have a [name]Beatrice[/name].