Even if not your style - help

See the results of this poll: If you had to choose (even if not your style):

Respondents: 70 (This poll is closed)

• Rex Reilly : 20 (24%)
  • Shane Reilly : 22 (27%)
  • Crew Reilly : 12 (15%)
  • Drake Reilly: 28 (34%)

Hmm I suppose [name]Shane[/name]. [name]Rex[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] sounds like a bad guy character in a novel to me - a sort of over-the-top kind of guy. [name]Crew[/name] I don’t see as a name and [name]Drake[/name] seems like it could become dated.

I like [name]Drake[/name] and [name]Rex[/name]. [name]Rex[/name] because it sounds cool with the last name (and I love alliteration, I have an alliterative name) and [name]Drake[/name] because it’s less comic-bookish than [name]Rex[/name].

I like [name]Drake[/name] the best! Good luck!

I actually really like [name]Drake[/name] [name]Reilly[/name]. I think it’s very strong and masculine without the sort of cheesy element that [name]Rex[/name] and [name]Crew[/name] have. [name]Shane[/name] is nice to but [name]Drake[/name] just has that little something extra.

I like [name]Crew[/name] the best but voted for [name]Shane[/name] because I think it sounds the best with [name]Reilly[/name]

I really, really like the alliteration of [name]Rex[/name] [name]Reilly[/name]! It’s so quirky and fun!

I voted [name]Shane[/name] but really like [name]Rex[/name] too. The mn would be the tie-breaker for me. I share your same naming style for boys, short, strong names. Good choices.

Oh, and reading some but not all of your previous threads, I don’t think [name]Shane[/name] is safer than [name]Rex[/name], just a little more familiar. I know a grown doctor (probably in his 70s now, not sure if it was a nn) and a 7 [name]YO[/name] boy named [name]Rex[/name] and they both pull it off well!

Thanks everyone! I have posted here several times before looking for feedback, but I think seeing a poll really does help us. [name]Drake[/name] was the new name in the group (replaced [name]Ridge[/name] on our list). I’m actually surprised to see that [name]Drake[/name] is leading the race so far. Also, I think that we might need to drop [name]Crew[/name]. I’m just not loving it as much as the other 3 at the moment (at least with our last name). So maybe we’ll go with [name]Rex[/name], [name]Shane[/name], and [name]Drake[/name] and make the final call at the hospital.

For those that waited until birth day to name baby, can a newborn baby really “look” like a certain name? I have heard people say that before…that once they saw the baby, they knew which name to use. I hope it works out that way for us. The last thing I want is to be indecisive at the hospital and feel pressure to pick one for the birth certificate and then get name remorse later.

1 [name]Shane[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] - these two names really are a “natural fit”
2 [name]Rex[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] - I usually don’t like alliteration but this combo packs a punch!
3 [name]Drake[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] - It’s ok but I don’t like TWO surnames in a combo.
4 [name]Crew[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] - the two r’s don’t roll off the tongue!

Personally, I would take a couple of names with you to the hospital. Some places allow some time to elapse before registering the birth of a child. What are the rules in your area? [name]Do[/name] you have to sign anything at the hospital?