Ever known a boy named Trinity?

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] is one of our top boy picks. The whole thing could also be a girl, but it sounds more boyish to me ([name_f]Trinity[/name_f]), and we like the double-nod in its meaning.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it sounds too girlish due to all the girls named [name_f]Trinity[/name_f]?

1 Like

oh goodness I love that name idea for a boy!!! I would not think it strange at all for [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] to be a boy’s name; at least two of the [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] are portrayed as male anyway.

1 Like

I’m not going to pretend I wouldn’t assume girl if I heard the name [name_f]Trinity[/name_f], but it absolutely works for a boy too in my opinion. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] is a great combo for either sex!

1 Like

It does lean to the more feminine side of unisex but i think it coukd work. It’s pretty cool

1 Like

If I heard the name I would assume it was a girl but I would be pleasantly surprised to find it was a boy. [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] feels a bit dated for a girl but it feels fresh on a boy.

2 Likes

Yes, God is referred to as “He” in the entire Bible, and [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] refers to the triune nature of God.

Definitely was surprised to see it’s mostly a name used for girls!

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] is such a great combo–unexpected, but works beautifully! I would probably lean towards assuming girl looking at the full name, because [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is a bit more heavily used for girls (not dramatically, but somewhat, according to the rankings) and I’ve only heard of [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] as a girl’s name. That said, I do think [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] could wear well on a boy! Tons of unisex names have gone the other direction–why not borrow both ways? I like it!

2 Likes

Seconding dandy_orchid’s post. Pretty much exactly what I thought. Really love [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] for either a boy or a girl!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Thanks!

Thanks! Yes. I am not too concerned since it seems to fit once it’s worn, so to speak. :blush: I usually like gender neutral names anyways, but for some reason this strikes me as a boyish combo even tho I know its not been used this way. I guess like how [name_u]Shannon[/name_u] for a boy feels to me.

Thanks! Nice perspective.

Thank you! I don’t like it as much for a girl, but really loving it on a boy.

Thanks! Yes I like gender neutral although this one feels more boyish to me I’m glad it seems a possibility to others too. Def some neutral names lean more one way than the other. Potential is the thing here. :blush:

I think the combo works for a boy.

1 Like