Everest vs. Arlo (opinions please!)

Ok, I need help. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy #2 is due any day & still doesn’t have a name!

I’ve loved [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] for months & hubby just sprung [name_u]Everest[/name_u] on me.

The middle name will be [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] regardless after my father in law & his brother is [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

Thoughts?

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
OR
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

Thanks!

First, both names sound great with the middle name. But for me the flow and sound of [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is my favorite. Great names, congrats to both of you.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]! Both are fabulous names, but my vote goes to the stylish “o” ending.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] sounds fantastic.
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] has an overload of the “es” sound.
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]? Perfect sibset.

If you’re attached to the “Evereh-” sound, perhaps [name_u]Everett[/name_u] could be a happy medium?
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] would work.

Both great names, but I vote [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as I think it sounds better with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and is more distinct from brother [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. Congrats!

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] is darling but won’t work for the hubby. He’s a big nature guy, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, biking, ice-climbing. He looooves the mountains, hence why he’s gravitating to [name_u]Everest[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] :slight_smile:

i think everest is too similar to everett (he would have to correct people all the time), and too out there compared to elliot. not too much into this name, sorry. i think arlo is a bit trendy and will feel dated in a decade, but it’s a pretty cute name and goes well with elliot and wesley, so i definitely vote arlo between the two.

how about other mountain/nature names?

aspen wesley
river wesley
forest wesley
cedar wesley

i understand these are not mountain names, but just in case you were looking more ideas!

I prefer [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] to [name_u]Everest[/name_u]…but [name_u]Everett[/name_u] to to [name_u]Everest[/name_u]. Why won’t [name_u]Everett[/name_u] work if [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] does?

I personally prefer [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], but I’d like [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] even more! I’m not a huge fan [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], personally, so I’m immediately drawn to [name_u]Everest[/name_u]/[name_u]Everett[/name_u]. On the other hand, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Everest[/name_u]/[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are a bit matchy, so I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is probably the better choice. Despite my personal misgivings with the name, it’s still a great name, and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] sounds really good.

Good luck!

I’m surprised so many ppl are suggesting [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (aside from the fact that you stated it is not an option). I think [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are too matchy. Changing the ending is what makes it potentially work. But I still think they sound pretty similar. I still vote [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]! Very handsome.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] technically “works” it’s just that [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is mom’s fave and [name_u]Everest[/name_u] is dad’s fave and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is no one’s fave. :slight_smile: It’s a perfectly nice name though.

Thank-you Emsky! We’ll see what happens. Dad really loves [name_u]Everest[/name_u], I really love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. Doesn’t mama usually win? :slight_smile: I just wish we were both in love with the same name. Such a bummer. Especially since he thinks I chose our first boy’s name (which I sort of did). :slight_smile:

too bad you can’t have both, [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Everest[/name_u] would be great together!! Pretty sure you said [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is set in stone, but another thought is [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]… swoon…

I know, that’s cute! [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is a family name (hubby’s dad) and follows the grandpa middle name trend we started with our first so that’s sorta set in stone. Ugh.

I really like [name_u]Everest[/name_u]! And have never heard it used. But with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] as a brother, I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] may be better.