Everett and Oliver...how common?

I tend to like names that aren’t overused. I have a son named [name]Reid[/name] and another boy on the way. We are choosing between [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. I feel like they are both possibly on the rise. I’m wondering…how many little Everetts and Olivers do you hear? [name]How[/name] popular do you think each name is or how likely are each of these names to become really popular? All insight welcome. Thanks!

I have yet to meet a child with either name, but I’m guessing [name]Oliver[/name] is rising quicker than [name]Everett[/name]. Nothing to back that up with besides my gut, though. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Everett[/name] is ranked #383, and [name]Oliver[/name] is #118. (If you enter any name into the “check out a name” box on the left, you can see its ranking.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My impression of the names does follow the polls a little bit, that [name]Everett[/name] is not as common as [name]Oliver[/name]. My feeling is that [name]Everett[/name] is a safer choice if you are hoping to avoid your son’s name becoming too popular. I can see [name]Oliver[/name] becoming as trendy as [name]Jack[/name] because the nickname [name]Olly[/name] is just so cute in addition to the name [name]Oliver[/name] being a good, sound name. [name]Everett[/name] is a great choice also. It reminds me of [name]Forrest[/name], which is also a good name, but without the Gump reference. [name]Everett[/name] is a really classy name.

Good luck!

I personally know of three young children/babies named [name]Oliver[/name], but no Everetts (love that name, though!)

I know a 5 year old, two year old and a three month old all named [name]Oliver[/name]. I know an adult [name]Everett[/name]. I think [name]Oliver[/name] is going to be a big name in the next few years, so I would go with [name]Everett[/name] :slight_smile:

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Everett[/name] is wonderful! Go with that. I’ve never met anyone named [name]Everett[/name]. The first time I heard it was when I saw the Family [name]Stone[/name]–[name]Dermot[/name] Mulroney’s character’s name was [name]Everett[/name], and I fell in love with it. It’s so masculine and strong, and will work for all ages. Cute on a little boy, cool on a teen and strong on grown man. I’ve seen [name]Oliver[/name] quite a few times, so I would say it’s on the rise more than [name]Everett[/name].

[name]Everett[/name] has the awesome nickname “[name]Rhett[/name]”. [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Rhett[/name]…adorable!
:smiley: Best wishes!

I like [name]Everett[/name] better. I’m with everyone else. I don’t see that becoming as popular as [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Oliver[/name] is definitely cute, but I can’t get my cousin’s dog out of my mind :slight_smile:

[name]EVERETT[/name] that is one of my favorite names. [name]Oliver[/name] is very popular so if you dont want your kid to have his last intial tagged on to his name at school choose everett… now!!!