Everett or Griffin?

I’m torn between [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] for my second boy. Big brother is [name]Reid[/name]. We thought we had settled on [name]Griffin[/name] (my DH really likes it, but he does also like [name]Everett[/name]) but I keep hearing it around all of the sudden despite the fact that it hasn’t really budged from around 240 on the SSA list in 8 years. I’m a tad worried it could suddenly take off because it sort of fits a lot of the trends these days (last names as first names, ends with an N etc.).

I really don’t want to give my kid a name that is going to be rising dramatically in popularity. [name]How[/name] many Griffins do you know? Everetts? Which do you prefer and why?
Thanks!! I’m starting to feel desperate. Less than 3 months until this kid arrives!

My vote is definitely for [name]Everett[/name]!!! [name]Love[/name] it!

For some reason [name]Griffin[/name] reminds me of a lion…??? Not sure why but, in any case, to me [name]Everett[/name] is more distinguished and I think [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] make a great pair!

I’m voting for [name]Everett[/name], too. (I [name]LOVE[/name] the name!) :slight_smile: I think that both [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] work wondefully with [name]Reid[/name], but something about [name]Everett[/name]'s CEO feel works better with [name]Reid[/name] for me.

I know of about seven Griffins and two Everetts, with one [name]Everett[/name] being in his 50’s, and another being a little boy.

Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Griffin[/name] is nice, but [name]Everett[/name] is absolutely stunning! Also, as [name]Evie[/name] names for girls are getting popular, the ev- names for boys will hopefully stay nice and unusual.

Ooh, I love both. They are great names. I’m going to go with [name]Everett[/name], b/c there used to be a segment on the radio show I listened to about one of the D.J.'s son [name]Griffin[/name], they called “As the Grif Grows” that irked me when they called him Grif.

Good luck!

I am going to be different and go for [name]Griffin[/name]. I love it because it sounds warm, friendly, and Welsh. Welsh names are so cool.

Another vote for [name]Everett[/name]! [name]Love[/name] that name.

Best of luck to you!

My vote is for [name]Griffin[/name]. Mainly because of my personal associations with both names. I’ve only known one [name]Griffin[/name]…he was my age (so 30 now), very nice and good looking. There have only been two [name]Everett[/name]'s that I have known…one was an older man. The other was a little younger than me, not really anything good to say about him…personality, looks, brains, etc. Sorry.

I like [name]Griffin[/name]. Good luck:)

I feel that [name]Griffin[/name] could be cool as [name]Griff[/name] is an AWESOME nickname, and boys names eding in “N” are trendy, so he’ll stand out but not too much.

As for [name]Everett[/name] I think that it s a beautiful and underused name, and I’m sure your son will love it, whereas with [name]Griffin[/name], a name that could lead to teasing due to it’s associations, you can’t be sure how he’ll feel about it. So I would go with [name]Everette[/name].

And to erinpurple, I would like to direct you to the bottom link of a past conversation of ours.

I now understand why you are so defensive about the name discussed now, as I have read that [name]Everett[/name] (as well as [name]Charles[/name]) is your favorite name. And [name]Everette[/name] sounds a lot like the name in question.

I still do not understand your response to my comment though.

[name]Navi[/name], I have responded to you on that thread.

[name]Just[/name] to be clear the OP is asking about [name]Everett[/name] not [name]Everette[/name].

I vote for [name]Everett[/name] :slight_smile: I think it sounds great with [name]Reid[/name] and has a better sound to it, manly yet gentle, whereas [name]Griffin[/name] or [name]Griff[/name] is a little bit more harsh. I have known two Griffins (both mainly called [name]Griff[/name]) and no Everetts… I think the mythical creature association of [name]Griffin[/name] turns me off a little as well, but go with what you love! Congrats!

I really really love [name]Everett[/name], although I do like [name]Griffin[/name] also. I think [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] sounds great :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Everett[/name], too!

Maybe [name]Griffin[/name] reminds you of a lion because [name]Griffin[/name]'s are part phoenix part lion creautres?

My vote is for [name]Everett[/name]

I like both names for different reasons. I love the mythical lion assocation of [name]Griffin[/name], plus its such a strong boys name.

I like [name]Everett[/name] because it fits retro cool, but I do think its on the brink of a popularity boom.

I vote for [name]Griffin[/name]!

Honestly I first heard my sister bring this name up a few years ago. I didn’t really like it at the time. It has since really grown on me and I love it. My kindergartner has a [name]Griffin[/name] in her class. I bet it will rise in popularity but in the past 8 years it has only jumped around from #231-#242. It’s probably unlikely that it will reach top 100 any time real soon.