Everleia?

I’ve been posting a lot about the name Averlie [name_f]Snow[/name_f]. Well partner wants to use the nickname ‘[name_f]Leia[/name_f]’ (he’s a star wars fan). Last night while in sleep I came up with the idea of changing Averlie [name_f]Snow[/name_f] to Everleia [name_f]Snow[/name_f]. WDYT? Could it work?

I suggested [name_u]Ever[/name_u] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] to partner but he doesn’t like [name_u]Ever[/name_u] as a first name and he doesn’t like hyphenated/double first or middle names either. I also like how it could be [name_u]Ever[/name_u]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]-[name_m]Ah[/name_m] or [name_u]Ever[/name_u]-[name_m]Lay[/name_m]-[name_m]Ah[/name_m] - both pronunciations work for me.

I am not a fan personally, Everleia looks awkward to me and it seems like it could potentially give a lot of hassle with spelling and pronunciation. I do like the sound tho and I do like [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_f]Leia[/name_f] each on their own. Have you explored other ways of getting the nickname [name_f]Leia[/name_f]? All the best!

I don’t like it. It looks odd and I have to really think about it before saying it to make it come out right. I’d keep looking. I’m sure you can find a name that contains the [name_f]Leia[/name_f] sounds for her nn. And I would never pronounce [name_f]Leia[/name_f] as lee-ah

It’s nice. I really like the sound (ever-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-ah). A while ago I created Rosaleia (when I had that [name_f]Leia[/name_f] obsession), so the spelling doesn’t seem so odd to me.

I don’t mind it, but it does look a bit odd. I think [name_f]Leia[/name_f] is a perfectly believable nickname for Averlie, though :slight_smile:

Personally I’m not a fan of Everleia. It’s tricky to pronounce and looks kind of made up. Maybe you would like [name_u]Everly[/name_u] or [name_u]Ellery[/name_u]? I think both could have nn [name_f]Leia[/name_f].