Evie & Clara

Thinking of twin girl names. Are [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Evie[/name_f] too different/too nickname like?

Also, how would you pronounce [name_f]Evie[/name_f]? EE-VEE or more like “E-VVY” (E like in the name [name_f]Emma[/name_f])

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] would work better? :slight_smile:

Thank you for your opinions!

I can see [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] working! Both [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (pronounced Ee-vee) and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are fairly familiar and we’ll used here in the UK so I don’t think they’re too different stylistically.

I think [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (EE-VEE) and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] go well together. They have a classic, vintage feel, though I would put [name_f]Eve[/name_f] on the birth certificate b/c I’m not really into nns as fns. I am not an [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] fan.

Thank you so much for your kind replies! I’m really loving the names [name_f]Evie[/name_f] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. And great idea of putting [name_f]Eve[/name_f] on the birth certificate and using [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a nickname. <3

I love [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as twins!! I would say EE-vee. Spelled [name_f]Evy[/name_f], I would say EH-vee. Good idea to use [name_f]Eve[/name_f] as the official given name.

I love both [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (as CLAH-ruh) and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (I say EE-vee), so I think they’d make great twin names. Not too similar at all, but they go well together. I like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] too, but prefer [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (pronounced E-vee) works together as well!

I’d say EH-vee, and I like [name_f]Evie[/name_f] but it feels too nicknamey for me, I’d like it better if it was [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] was the nickname. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] do sound good together, though

I think [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is adorable but I’d put [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] on the birth certificate. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] sounds great with all three ([name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]). :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] ([name_f]Clara[/name_f] is my favourite girls name), I think they are stylistically similar and [name_f]IMO[/name_f] not to 'nicknamey '. I think [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is just fine on the birth certificate but [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f] are lovely too.

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I pronounce [name_f]Evie[/name_f] has Ee-Vee. Eh-vee just sounds like heavy to me!

They’re both lovely names. In some ways they go well together - both vintage, appealing, 2 syllable names. However for me [name_f]Clara[/name_f] feels more formal (and thus more grownup) and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] more young. I like [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and would be happy with that as a full name but I feel that the other name then needs to also be that style ie [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. So, with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I would use [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f] (I don’t like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]) with [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a nickname.

They’re perfect together. I usually say EE-vee, but EH-vee works just as well, especially as a nickname for [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] pronounced Eh-velyn.

I think they are perfect together! I pr [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as EH-vee.

They work very well. Ee vee

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (ee-vee) work really well together. Both are sweet, vintage-y feeling names. [name_u]Love[/name_u] them. :slight_smile:

I much prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (Ee-Vee) to [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].
I think it’s a lovely combo :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. ev-vie for short.

Thank you so much ladies for your kind replies! <3