Evie, JUST Evie-Not good for her whole life?

I’m not planning on this name, I was just wondering. Is it too childish? Would it be okay on a grown-up?

I can totally picture it on a old lady and a baby/child.

For me the question is can she be a Dr, a lawyer or a CEO with that name? Personally I would give her a more formal name.

I love [name]Vivienne[/name] to get to [name]Evie[/name]!

I think it’s just a matter of opinion. I think [name]Evie[/name] is so, so adorable, but if I were [name]Evie[/name], just [name]Evie[/name], I know I’d be asking my parents, “What? [name]JUST[/name] [name]Evie[/name]? Not [name]Eva[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], or [name]Evangeline[/name]?” That’s just me, though. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I think its better as a nickname or possibly a middle name. I know I love the name [name]Evelyn[/name] and if I use it for a daughter I would call her [name]Evie[/name]!

I think [name]Evie[/name] is adorable, but not as a stand alone. I think [name]Evelyn[/name] is a lovely choice for a nn of [name]Evie[/name]. =)

I wouldn’t find it TOO cutesy if I was introduced to a doctor/lawyer etc., with their name being [name]Evie[/name], but :

1. I’d probably still assume it was short for something.
  2. If my name was just [name]Evie[/name], I might be slightly annoyed, because it doesn’t give a lot of room for variation. If I wanted to give myself a nn other than my parents had given me, I could be [name]Eve[/name] or … [name]Vi[/name], maybe? But nothing like the number of choices I’d have if I were [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name].

Personally, I prefer names that offer flexibility and choice. I would rather be a [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Evelina[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name] etc with [name]Evie[/name] as a nickname that I could dispense with if I wanted to, than just be [name]Evie[/name] and have no where to go from there.

However, in [name]England[/name] and [name]Wales[/name] [name]Evie[/name] is more popular than [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Eva[/name], so obviously my countrymen don’t agree with me :slight_smile:

I love [name]Evie[/name] as a given name. Its actually quite popular as a given name in the UK, it just seems as though in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name], people are more concerned with ‘formal names’ than they are in the UK.