Evienne/Emmeline

I just saw the name Evienne on another post and I am loving it. I have a daughter [name]Emmeline[/name] (pn emma-lynn). Are [name]Emmeline[/name] and Evienne too close in sound to be sisters?

They are a little rhyme-y for my taste. :slight_smile:

I agree. They rhyme too much to be sisters in my opinion.

I do love Evienne though. Maybe as a middle name instead? It wouldn’t matter as much to me in the middle spot.

I agree as well that they are rhymey. I would presume them to be twins if you did not state that they weren’t I think it would also lock you into another “E” name for any other children. Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is too bad, but the prn issues would be a concern.

It is a pretty name, but a little rhyme-y with [name]Emmeline[/name]. I wouldn’t be concerned with locking yourself into an “E” name for subsequent children though - I mean, we all know people who’ve broken the mold on that :wink: I would avoid that “in/yn” ending sound though for the rhyme-y-ness. I agree with a pp that it wouldn’t make as big of a difference in the mn position, as that wouldn’t be said all the time with your other daughter’s name.
Another concern about it is people may pronounce it like the bottled water [name]Evian[/name]. Which reminds me of the movie “Superstar.” Haha. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but something to think about.

[name]How[/name] do you say it?

I was pronouncing it: Eh-vee-en. Unlike the water which is Eh-vee-ahn.