EVIL NAME!!!

[name]Kasey[/name] & S’Jara (both people I actually know)

99% of names that start with Br-
99% of names that include the syllable -iss or -ees if they are more than one syllable.
I can think of exceptions to these rules, I just dislike a lot of the ones usually presented.
Names that are spelled with more than one y where an i is normally used. Or a y where none is needed. One y for an i is tolerable.
Nicknames that rhyme with -ettie or -ottie. It’s granny to the extreme.
Really diminutive girls names such as end in -ette or -etta (aside from the fact they may take on nicknames that rhyme with -ettie). If it’s a feminization, then it’s probably not an attractive name in the masculine or I would save it for a boy, or just name her that if it didn’t seem too ridiculous, or otherwise there is a more substantial name that didn’t need an -ette tacked onto it that I’d prefer.

Aside from that, I’ve never met a [name]Nancy[/name] that was a nice person. They may exist, but I haven’t met 'em so far in life.
I’m really not a fan of any form of the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] nor the whole thing. I like the [name]El[/name]- part, I’d take that aside and find another name I liked better, it’s not like it’s hard to do.

The name that I don’t like the way it sounds is [name]Penelope[/name], but I can’t stand the name [name]Ashley[/name] due to how many people with that name that I can’t get along with.

Names that have been made up in the last 10 years
People who give their names unique spellings, as if it makes their name unique (just makes the kids life difficult when they have to constantly correct people on the spelling)
I really can’t stand it when people say things like “I’m going to name my child something simple and unique, like [name]Emma[/name]” [name]Unique[/name]? C’mon people! You can look popularity data up on the internet
People taking all the good boy names and making them into girl names!

OK I’m done :slight_smile:

[name]Damien[/name]. Seriously? Are you planning on raising the antichrist?

[name]Makayla[/name] and all its variations.

My best friend growing up was named [name]Caitlyn[/name] and I loved her name. Now every other little girl is named a variation of the theme and it makes me crazy.

[name]Celeste[/name], [name]Mackenzie[/name], [name]Maddie[/name], and all those [name]Kay[/name]…names [name]Kaylynn[/name], [name]Katelyn[/name], [name]Kayla[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], etc…And I’m with everybody else on the --en and -on ending names like [name]Braydon[/name], [name]Aiden[/name], etc…

[name]Destiny[/name] and [name]Desirae[/name], or however it’s supposed to be spelled: Desire, [name]Desaray[/name], [name]Desiree[/name] and who would name their baby girl to desire, sounds too sexual for a baby. Definately potential stripper name.

Other evil name: Any name with a random apostrophe!

[name]Angus[/name]

[name]Raegan[/name] or [name]Regan[/name]

[name]Braden[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]! And [name]Randy[/name]…what kid wants to be named [name]RANDY[/name]???

Okay I have to add another… As much as the name itself is beautiful, I can’t stand [name]Ella[/name] anymore. It’s pretty safe to assume that if a baby girl is born around here, her name is [name]Ella[/name].

Really? Because the name [name]Damien[/name] had nothing to do with the antichrist until the movies came out. Before, there were several saints named [name]Damien[/name], so I would think it is a rather noble name to have. But of course, people now will always connect [name]Damien[/name] to the antichrist.

And just because you name your kid something that’s connected to something bad, say [name]Adolph[/name] or [name]Jezebel[/name] (or [name]Damien[/name]) doesn’t mean that they are going to be like the person who ruined the name, or whatever.

It seems that [name]Damien[/name] is used with more success across the pond–is this just my impression or is there something to it? I like the sound of the name quite a bit and the movie isn’t as well known to younger generations but I doubt I would seriously consider using it 'cause of the antichrist thing.

Yeah, maybe it’s because [name]Damien[/name] was not a popular name at the time, it stands out as the only real reference most people have to the name. [name]Carrie[/name] didn’t really suffer, [name]Jason[/name] certainly didn’t suffer, [name]Chuckie[/name] might have suffered a little (also from [name]Chuck[/name] E. Cheese), and although [name]Freddy[/name] wasn’t really a popular name, it was still more common and, if this makes any sense, a “real” name people had, their fathers had it or someone, Mr. [name]Rogers[/name], or one of the classroom hamsters. There’s a friendly guy.

[name]Damien[/name] by itself is a nice name too, young, handsome, friendly, distinct name that is almost “demon” or “damn”… um, well. Characters in books, movies, and tv get named for specific reasons too. These people write things in, choose odd names from nowhere - a young and hip couple had a son and instead of naming him [name]John[/name] or [name]Dan[/name], they thought [name]Damien[/name], how fresh and exciting. It’s sort of like choosing the name [name]Damien[/name] is courting potential tragedy. You don’t want to find out too late he’s the antichrist.

By contrast, a nice pretty nurse from a nice hardworking Irish family named [name]Kayla[/name] really spun that into the ground. Patch, not so much.

[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
etc.

[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Kaylee[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name]
etc.

[name]Madeleine[/name] (and the inevitable shortening to [name]Maddie[/name])
[name]Madison[/name]
etc.

[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
etc.

And, when my daugher [name]Laura[/name] is referred to as any of the following
[name]Lara[/name]
[name]Laurie[/name] (ugh!) or
[name]Lauren[/name]

Edited to add:
Any name that immediately rises in popularity after being used by a celebrity, e.g.:
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
see also reference to [name]Ella[/name], [name]Stella[/name], etc. above

I hate [name]Nevaeh[/name] too. It’s fugly. And Abcde, and pretty much any other name that immediately clues you in to the stupidity of the poor kid’s parents. Noxzema. Espn. Pretty much any name that is actually a brand name. Gross.

[name]Emily[/name] I know it os mega popular but it will allways be a wannabe name to me.

Same as me

I can’t stand when people make up names, or spell name as they’re being ‘unique’.
For example, the other day (gulp) I met a 10 month old baby girl named [name]Zailey[/name]…good gosh! [name]Zailey[/name]? Are you serious? I’m not kidding, it make me chuckle they want to name their next baby (she’s pregnant) either Daylee or [name]Bain[/name] (rhyming with [name]Zain[/name]…). What has this world come too?? I work at a daycare, and we have a few babies with miss spelled names.
Emmiley
Caaden
Kaelee

What’s up with being ‘unique’. It’s pronounced the same way!!

I had a neighbor who named their daughter Corriander. Everyone tried to soften the blow by calling her [name]Corrie[/name], which is a decent name, but the parents INSISTED that she be Corriander. Did you not know it was a spice?

I’m not sure if I’m remembering correctly, but I sort of remember being in a store once a while ago and someone called her children, [name]Cinnamon[/name] and … maybe Paprika. It could be that I told someone like my dad about [name]Cinnamon[/name], and he had asked, what was the other one, Paprika? He makes jokes like that.

Anyway, some people use the name [name]Sage[/name] or [name]Anise[/name] or [name]Basil[/name], [name]Ginger[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name]. Some people gotta outdo them! The language contains beautiful words which I think Coriander is, and sometimes not just a word association, but a brand overtakes a nice word/name, so like, no that is adult diapers and no longer a name, cars and medicines particularly create interesting, attractive words, now forbidden as names.

I think Lemonjello would be a pretty good name if it wasn’t lemon jello. No weirder than the combinations of syllables of legitimate names, but people reject real names like [name]Ophelia[/name] and the lately suggested botanical, Aloe, for good reasons too, and prefer [name]Persephone[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. I think [name]Lavender[/name] is over the line but some people use it, Coriander and [name]Cinnamon[/name] are just a little farther over that line. It is actually close to real names [name]Cori[/name] and [name]Anders[/name], and may have been someone’s clever idea at honoring someone!