Evil royals

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! So I need a list of names that have dark meanings but that normal people, aka the royal subjects, wouldn’t associate with evil. The story is set in a dystopian future and I started looking at the Bible for inspiration so the names would be timeless and unassuming, but most of the meanings are too sweet for the characters. For example, names like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] are too “good” and I just can’t have a dictator named [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]. Some names of the commoners are [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_m]Greg[/name_m], and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], so I need more “subdued” names like that that also assert their power, I guess. Sorry for the long post and it might not even make sense, but any help is much appreciated.

My advice is to forget about meanings entirely. It’s good that you’ve ruled out [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m], because that would definitely be overkill. I honestly believe giving characters names with meanings that spell out (or at least hint at) whether they’re ‘good’ or ‘bad’ is not a great idea.

What kind of names sound ‘dark’ to you? Maybe you can find what you’re looking for in non-biblical mythology.

Sorry I’m not much help. If my annoying spiel didn’t change your mind, you could try [u]this[/u], [u]this[/u], [u]this[/u], or [u]this[/u].

[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]: dark challenger
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]: dark
[name_f]Ciara[/name_f], [name_f]Kiera[/name_f], [name_f]Keira[/name_f]: little dark one
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]: dark one
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]: dark warrior

[name_f]Walburga[/name_f]
[name_f]Druella[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

Rodolphus
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
[name_m]Demetrius[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]