Expectant Dad left to decide middle name

Hello all,

[name_f]My[/name_f] lovely wife has left me to decide the middle name of our first child, a daughter. I’m having a pretty tough time nailing it down and could use feedback from unassociated parties. Essentially I’m trying to decide between [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]. I’m leaning towards [name_u]River[/name_u] because of strong fictional characters that sport the same name. However [name_f]Grace[/name_f] was one of my wifes’ picks. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] being the other. So what do you all think [name_u]River[/name_u] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. The more feedback the better :grin: thanks

1 Like

I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]!

1 Like

I think the sound and flow of N0ra Gr@ce is just beautiful! The repeated “r” sounds in the first and middle name would make N0ra R!ver a little trickier for me to pronounce.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is a fantastic choice! [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] has a nice flow & is a pretty name. But [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is soooo over done as a mn. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is much more interesting. And if [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is in there as an option, that gets my vote! Two pretty strong feminine classic names together.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]. :blush: [name_u]River[/name_u] sounds like it has more meaning to you personally. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] does flow better with your surname though. So it depends on if meaning trumps flow for you. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is the more interesting choice to me.

1 Like

Agree that [name_f]Grace[/name_f], whilst lovely, is overdone for a mn. [name_u]River[/name_u] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would both work well.

1 Like

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] would be stunning! [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is used as a middle name so often that it’s not all that special anymore imo.

1 Like

I agree; [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is one of those middle names that sounds good with everything and therefore doesn’t stand out with anything. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] sounds great! Plus, your wife allowed you to choose the name so go with the one that you are leaning towards!

2 Likes

I love the idea of using [name_u]River[/name_u] because it has special meaning to you, and it’s much more unexpected as a middle than [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. I do find [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] just a little bit hard to say, but it’s not a complete tongue-twister and it looks so nice written. I think my vote has to go to that one!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] but [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is good as well!

1 Like

Nora [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is beautiful and it flows very well. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] may be a little bit harder to pronounce, but it is so interesting and refreshing! I would probably go with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u].

1 Like

Nora [name_u]River[/name_u] is beautiful! So sweet and spunky. I also think it’s a bit more unique (in a good way!), because [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as a middle seems so overdone.

I personally don’t think the repeating ‘r’ sounds are tricky! Also don’t think flow is the most important thing, as she will most often go by just [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote definitely goes to [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]!

1 Like

I think you should go with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]!

[name_u]River[/name_u] is a much more distinctive, fresh choice that has a lot more meaning to you, and your daughter will be happy to have such a name rather than the lovely but overdone [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

1 Like

River is more distinctive and sounds like it’s more special to you so I’d say go with that!!

1 Like

I think both [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]River[/name_u] flow equally well with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is such a common mn it’s almost like a default mn choice… so [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]

1 Like

Congratulations!

I am more inclined to vote [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] !! I love that it has personal meaning to you , and that’s it’s unexpected

I LOVE the name [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but I do feel it is overdone in the middle name spot.

1 Like

Nora [name_u]River[/name_u]! I feel like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a little overused as a middle name. And it sounds like [name_u]River[/name_u] means more to you

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]River[/name_u] for the sparkling and calming connotations.

1 Like

Just because [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is used frequently as a mn, it is still a beautiful name. [name_f]My[/name_f] late MIL went by [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (her MN). She was an amazing lady. I love [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. I am not over fond of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. It is okay. I do not like river for a girl. I would maybe use it for a boy.

1 Like

Nora [name_u]River[/name_u] 100%