Expecting #4! and running out of names... ;)

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I’m new to this site but have been browsing the forums for a while ;). Recently, we found out that we were expecting our fourth child, (our second girl). We are running a little low on names we like and would love any help/ ideas/ advice! Thanks so much in advance.

Right now the front runner is [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. I think it’s a cute name but I’m not sure how well it will transition or if its too…quirky? We live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and the only other [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] I’ve heard of is [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton.

The other problem we’re facing is the middle name. I would love to honour my mom, [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] but neither me or my husband particularily care for the name. We both love the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and were contemplating spelling it Cherlytte to make it a bit more obvious that its in honour of my mother but I really don’t like the way it looks. I don’t like trendy spellings but I could get over it if we decided it was the best option.

SORRY if this is a LOONG post. Any ideas on honouring my mother would be great, as well as first names for our daughter. We do have a pattern of giving our kids two middle names with the last middle name being one syllable.

Here are our kids names:
[name_m]Iver[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]

Other names we’ve been considering: [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], Evelie/ Elevie (really like but close to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]) [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I look forward to hearing from you all!

Honestly, [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is ADORABLE
i think just spelling it the normal way is still noticeable that it’s honoring cheryl
[name_m]How[/name_m] about
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is cute, but [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] isn’t really an honor name for [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]. I think they’re very different names. What is your mom’s middle name? What’s her maiden name?

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is a cute nn. Perhaps [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], Philippina [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Philomene[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Cher[/name_f]?

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn’t really say it is that quirky- I think it is certainly a sweet spot name: everyone has heard of it, and probably knows a [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], but it isn’t super duper common, much like your other childrens names. I’m from Australia, and I know two [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]'s- one who is just [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], and the other who is [name_f]Philippa[/name_f].

I think that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is quite clear that you are honouring your mother, due to sharing the ‘Ch-’ beginning, the ‘r’, ‘l’ and ‘e’ (as well as being a beautiful name), and I agree that the traditional spelling is much much nicer.

Other names with similar meanings as [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] (darling) and/or a similar appearance (though I think that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is still my favourite):
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] (love), [name_f]Charis[/name_f] (dear one, darling), [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], [name_f]Cherita[/name_f] (dear one, darling), [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] (lovely and charming), [name_f]Cara[/name_f] (beloved), [name_f]Carina[/name_f] (little darling), [name_f]Carita[/name_f] (beloved), [name_f]Cari[/name_f] (beloved), [name_f]Kalila[/name_f] (darling), Carida (darling, beloved).

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]! And I think just using [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] is a fine way to honor your mother, it may not be totally suited to your style or fit with names that are “in” today, but honoring someone within your child’s name is just such a lovely thing. [name_m]Just[/name_m] go with it! :slight_smile: I would use it as the 2nd middle. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]

Congratulations, @mackenzidawn19!

Here’s an idea :): …

… two 4-letter names and two 6-letter names …

… two with an “o” and two with a “v” {“cool” characters from the alphabet}.

i[name_f]Ver[/name_f] {and} theO

sylVie {and} elinOr {or} elOise

[name_m]Iver[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u] scoTT {and} [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] fiNN

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] beLLe {and} [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] teSS {or} [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] teSS

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] your children’s names!

Honestly, I’m not feeling [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. It’s a cute nickname but I feel like she’s going to hate it as an adult when it’s her full name. Honestly, would you want that as a full name with no other options? Especially if your siblings had such great names? I’d feel slighted for sure! What about [name_u]Piper[/name_u] with nickname [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]? It still gives off that spunky feel.

I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but it doesn’t really honor [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]… and the youneek spelling is…not good. [name_f]Carina[/name_f] is used in [name_f]Italy[/name_f] as a phrase where ‘carina’ means darling (same as [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]). [name_f]Carine[/name_f] is a variant meaning the same thing if you choose a first name that ends in ‘a’ and you don’t want the middle to also end in ‘a’. [name_f]Carissa[/name_f] means dear so that’s another option but then I wouldn’t use [name_f]Tess[/name_f], of course.

I liked the suggestion of [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. And you seem like you are more of a fan of “nickname” names, so…

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_f]Milly[/name_f])
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Carine[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Emme[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] for your sibset! It is lovely and fits in beautifully. I definitely wouldn’t use [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or any altered spelling as an honor name. I think [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] is great for a mn honor spot especially if you are giving a second mn too so you get to choose another you like even better. If you really don’t like [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f], then I agree with a previous poster–go with a maiden name, or even a birth month, favorite color, favorite flower, etc.

Good luck!

Congratulations!

I really, really like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is one of my favorites, and I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is one of the few nicknames that can be worn as an adult, especially with [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton doing it. I think if though it’s a bit cutesy, it would work on a job application just as well as [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

Fun tidbit…[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton’s middle name is actually [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] is actually sort of cute, and I prefer it to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (which lacks personality now, [name_f]IMO[/name_f], because of popularity)

Another option is [name_f]Cherie[/name_f].

Oh my goodness, I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] your children’s names! I honestly can’t get over how perfect they are!
I really love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and think it works really well here. I also wanted to suggest [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. As you love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], I also think [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] would be absolutely darling! As another option for honouring your mother: what is her middle name? What is her maiden name? Both could be very honouring as a middle name :slight_smile:
Suggestions for now:
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] (love this!)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Good luck!

What about [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]?

[name_f]Canada[/name_f] is a pretty quirky country itself; I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] would be quite cute there.

I would use [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. SO CUTE!!! I just met a family with three little blondies named [name_u]Paisley[/name_u], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], and Prim. The “p” letter certainly packs a lot of spunk. Also, I just in general prefer naming the baby what you plan on calling the baby–so that is a personal preference of mine. As for honoring your mother–I’d go with her favorite flower. A nature name with [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] would be darling.

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton is a [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], actually. But if it doesn’t bother you, I say go for it! [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous. :slight_smile:

Does [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] have a middle name?

I think Cherlytte, will have some complications in pronunciation. I’m also not really a fan of trendy spellings. Why not just shorten [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] to [name_f]Cher[/name_f]? The one factor you love about both [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is the “[name_f]Shar[/name_f]/[name_f]Sher[/name_f]” sound. And I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Cher[/name_f] sounds really pretty together. Plus there’s the whole singer association, which could be viewed as good or bad depending on your taste. Here are some more suggestions.

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Cher[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charity[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Sherry[/name_f]

and I find [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] so quirky, unique, and just beautiful, so kudos on the great name choice

I think [name_f]Cherie[/name_f] is a good option if you don’t like [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], though I prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as well, though you should probably be aware that [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton’s full name is [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]! I agree that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] isn’t really honouring [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] and Cherylotte is awkward. What about [name_f]Cherie[/name_f]? It’s still a bit [name_f]Cherie[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] for me personally, but in the middle and not in [name_m]Britain[/name_m] [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Cherie[/name_f] would be cute. Good luck!

I definitely wouldn’t do Cherlytte, haha! [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about just honoring her initials? For example, if her name is [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f], what about [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]? Or if she’s [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], what about [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]? Something like that?

I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is lovely, though, and [name_m]Iver[/name_m], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] are lovely together.