Expecting A Little Girl, Looking For A Name With "Bounce"

I love [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]! To me, [name]Paulina[/name] has just the right amount of sophistication that is so attractively precocious on a young girl and [name]Polly[/name] is definitely a name that makes me smile. I also think it works with your middles.

Also, [name]Felicity[/name] (meaning happy) should definitely provide some bounce. The problem with [name]Felicity[/name] is that it’s not easy to shorten. Once someone mentioned using the nn Fizzy which I think is beyond adorable. Not sure if that’s your style?

[name]Paulina[/name] [name]Grace[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]
[name]Paulina[/name] [name]Beth[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]
[name]Paulina[/name] [name]Karen[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Beth[/name] nn Fizzy
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Karen[/name] nn Fizzy
(I would probably skip [name]Grace[/name] as the two word names in combo is a bit overwhelming)

[name]Hi[/name]! Out of your list currently, I like: [name]Paulina[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Marjorie[/name]. I also like [name]Lorelei[/name] well enough, but it’s not really my personal style. I’m afraid that I don’t favor [name]Monica[/name] much - it just feels sort of… 90s’ popular to me, in an odd way, but it is pretty. [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] is beyond darling; I was thinking, “Well, I’m not sure I am a fan of [name]Paulina[/name]…” but then I sat there and thought it over, and it is really gorgeous! [name]Polly[/name] is so cute as well.

As for [name]Paulina[/name] being too old-fashioned, I’m not sure. It really doesn’t feel like that to me - I’m a big fan of old-fashioned and “old-ladyish” names - but more… fashionably old-styled. :stuck_out_tongue: Plus, [name]Polly[/name] is a pleasant, sweet nn that can be used often anyways, and it gives it a more modern-ish feel.

As for my suggestions (apologies if there are any repeats):

[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Suzanne[/name]/ [name]Susanne[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]/ [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]/ [name]Georgia[/name]/ [name]Georgie[/name]
[name]Nelly[/name] (has [name]Polly[/name]'s feel)
[name]Ada[/name]/h
[name]Prudence[/name] ("[name]Pru[/name]", “[name]Prudie[/name]”)
[name]Birdie[/name]
[name]Ottoline[/name] ("[name]Otto[/name]")
[name]Charlotte[/name] (or [name]Lottie[/name]?)
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]/ [name]Pearlie[/name]/ [name]Pearline[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
Pleasance
Hesper/ [name]Hester[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Alexandrine[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]/ [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Ethel[/name]
[name]Sue[/name]
[name]Betsy[/name]
[name]Finola[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name].

[name]Piper[/name] is the bounciest name I can think of. Also, [name]Pippa[/name] (short for [name]Philippa[/name] maybe?)

Being that you are from the UK I like [name]Ruby[/name].

I love [name]Paulina[/name]. For some reason I never consisdered it before but now tha tI say it I realize how pretty it sounds. Plus [name]Polly[/name] is adorable and def. has “bounce”

Sorry! Not trying to be rude, but I’m from the South and [name]Bonnie[/name] isn’t very southern :confused:

I really like [name]Lorelei[/name], and it has a very southern feel. I also think [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Shiloh[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Lilah[/name] have very southern vibes. I’m not sure if this appeals to you, but in the south, it is a common tradition that girls (and boys) go by their first and middle name. So, if her full name is [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], she would go by [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. Some cute examples of this are:

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (I find this name to be particularly southern for some reason)
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

I’m not sure if you like this, but I hope it helps!

Also, I love [name]Susannah[/name]!

Sorry! Not trying to be rude, but I’m from the South and [name]Bonnie[/name] isn’t very southern :/[/quote]

It’s completely alright :smiley: I’m glad to be corrected, especially as I’m no authority; I’ve only been to [name]America[/name] once, and I was very young.

[name]Auburn[/name]

When I read that you wanted a name with “bounce”, I immediately thought of [name]Eliza[/name], a fun, spunky name! I also love [name]Paulina[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]! :slight_smile:

So some of the names my boyfriend and i were looking at online that we thought you might like were:
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Trinity[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Abrielle[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Adalyn[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
Aila
and [name]Cadence[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] you like any of them!

[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]GiGi[/name] ([name]Giovanna[/name])
[name]Tiffany[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Fariha[/name] ([name]Happy[/name])
[name]Felicia[/name] ([name]Happy[/name])
[name]Hitty[/name] (God makes [name]Happy[/name])
[name]Merry[/name]
[name]Seeley[/name] ([name]Happy[/name])
[name]Ovalia[/name] ([name]Happy[/name])

I’m a southerner born, bred, and raised (x10 generations at least), and for the life of me I can’t figure out what a southern name is. Double names are not UNcommon here (e.g. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Anne[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Mark[/name] [name]Anthony[/name], etc.), but they aren’t the rule either. I think some names that people associate with the South ([name]Virginia[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Clementine[/name]) are not southern at all, just associated with a piece of pop culture or a southern state. Honestly names in (my part of) the South tend to be anglophile, and that’s just because the huge majority of us are Scotch-Irish (coughJacobitescough). I’ve never met or heard of an [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Kirsten[/name], [name]Maria[/name], etc.

There’s only one name that I think of as distinctively southern and that is [name]Dixie[/name]. And I think it is TERRIBLE, both because it’s a traditional dog name and because it has negative historical connotations.

However - here are a few names that I find rather spunky, but maybe a little classic or sorta old-fashioned, and aren’t high on the radar (at least in the US).

[name]Cherie[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]/[name]Gretchen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lenore[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Nessa[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name] nn [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Yvette[/name]

Lovelovelove [name]Adelaide[/name], btw. DH does not. sniff

If you are still considering [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]…

While I don’t particularly care for [name]Paulina[/name], I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Pauline[/name]. [name]Pauline[/name] J. with the nickname PJ I think would be perfect for a spunky little girl. Of course, she could go by [name]Polly[/name] as well. =)