Expecting first child (a girl) in Dec.....please help with possibly bad initials!

Hello all:) The name we love is [name]Eloise[/name]…however our surname starts with a T. Would it be cruel to have the initials ET? I think so, but OH doesn’t. Any suggestions? We also love [name]Louise[/name] (lulu for short) and [name]Kate[/name]. Also love maia and [name]Ava[/name] but I think they are getting too common? I want something that is not highly popular, and that you can’t easily make nicknames out of…Thanks in advance! xxoo

Are you against having a middle name to break up the E and T?
I adore the name [name]Eloise[/name]. [name]Louise[/name] is sweet too, but [name]Eloise[/name] sounds much more dignified [name]IMO[/name]. I like [name]Kate[/name] (it’s my own name) and though it is extremely common in my generation, it won’t be in your daughter’s generation. [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] are extremely popular and personally I would stay away from those for a good 30-40 years, maybe more. :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

Definitely go with [name]Eloise[/name]. Give her a middle name, and don’t worry about E.T. Sort of funny, but not a big deal.

My initials, are E.A.W. and with first and last only that’s EW (ewwwww!) :). Not great, but not a big deal either. I think it’s worse if all three initials together spell an unpleasant or tease-worthy word (like TIT or POO).

[name]Eloise[/name] is a beautiful name! :slight_smile:
And with E.T. I agree with walshe44

I don’t think E.T. is a dealbreaker, especially if you’re using a middle initial, too. [name]Eloise[/name] is a great name, but it is rich with nickname possibilities, especially [name]Ellie[/name] - do you think that will bother you? [name]Eloise[/name] makes me think of nickname-proof options like [name]Lucy[/name] or [name]Celeste[/name]. And [name]Louise[/name] is also great, especially with the nn [name]Lulu[/name] - fun, spunky, and different, but not too different.

I love the name [name]Eloise[/name]. My fn and ln initials are ET and It’s never really bothered me. Good luck!

I adore the name [name]Eloise[/name], personally, and I don’t think the initials ET are a potential issue, in fact, I think it’d be kind of cool!

ET is a lot better than some other things. I don’t think it’s bad at all, especially with a middle name in there too. My friend’s initials are BLT.

I don’t think you have to worry about that at all!

I’m with the majority here… [name]Eloise[/name] is absolutely beautiful, and E.T. is definitely NOT a deal breaker (in my opinion, at least)

I personally don’t put too much stock into initials, unless they are very obvious or vulgar (such as the examples given above, POO and TIT)

ET is kinda cute, kinda funny, definitely not a problem.

I wouldn’t worry about ET at all. Most people won’t even make the connection. I would be more worried about [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ellis[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Serena[/name] [name]Smith[/name].