Expecting our 1st in April!

I’m a little over 3 months now, so talk about names has gotten more serious! :slight_smile: We like Irish names a lot but we branch off here and there. Our issue is that we love both the boy names a lot, but we waver more on the girls…and we’d like to be cohesive as our family continues to grow. So any feedback/ideas on girl names in relation to the boy names would be appreciated :slight_smile: Also, as far as name flow goes, our last name can be seen above :wink:

Boys

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: mn after my husband

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]: family mn again

*** [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is a guilty pleasure of ours. A little [name_m]Abe[/name_m] running around just seems fun :slight_smile: I think it’s a name a man could grow into too.

Girls

[name_u]Alva[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]: I always loved the name [name_u]Ailbhe[/name_u], but it seemed like a hard name to carry in the U.S. But when we were looking through my husbands genealogy, we discovered he had a relative in the 1500s named [name_u]Alva[/name_u] and thought that version was totally feasible! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is after my grandma [name_f]Mable[/name_f] (who hates her name), but when I asked her about shortening it as a middle she thought it was pretty.

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]: mn for family member

*** [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is another we’ve considered, since it honors both my grandparents at once ([name_m]William[/name_m] + [name_f]Mable[/name_f]) I love the sound of it, but I think it could come across as a little southern, which our other name picks do not.

I love all your names! [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Alva[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are my faves.

I second the PP. I love both [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] and [name_u]Alva[/name_u].

[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is an interesting choice that I fully support as well.

I love your names you’ve picked out so far!
As a tradition in my family we have Irish first names. I’m [name_f]Nialla[/name_f] and my siblings are [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], [name_m]Calhoun[/name_m], [name_f]Kady[/name_f] [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] and [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f]. [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] has 4 children, [name_f]Finola[/name_f], [name_m]Eoin[/name_m], [name_u]Aoibheann[/name_u] and [name_f]Alistrina[/name_f].
My favourite Irish names have to be [name_f]Alistrina[/name_f], [name_u]Ailbhe[/name_u], [name_m]Oisin[/name_m] and [name_m]Quill[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Of your choices, [name_u]Alva[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] are my favourites!

I absolutely love your names! If I had to choose I would say [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] works great with your boys names!)

I like [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Alva[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] is a really strong name and I like the built-in nickname [name_m]Mac[/name_m].

You might like [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]? And possibly [name_m]Abram[/name_m] as an alternative to [name_m]Abraham[/name_m]?

All of your names are lovely. I don’t think that there are any names that stand out as very different from the rest. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is the one that stands out as the most different but not dramatically so. I love the names [name_f]Aileen[/name_f] and Aofie for girls of Irish parents, Orlith is also pretty.

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and as for it sounding too “southern”, is that actually a bad thing anyway?? Being from the beautiful sweet home state I think southern names are wonderful:) [name_u]Alva[/name_u] is also pretty and sounds a little “southern” to me as well! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is definitely “southern”:slight_smile:

There’s definitely nothing wrong with southern names! I actually lived in [name_m]Charleston[/name_m], SC for a while :slight_smile: I just know [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] and [name_m]Declan[/name_m] don’t sound southern, and I didn’t want one kiddo’s name to stand way out in comparison to the others.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone :slight_smile:

Maybe [name_f]Cerys[/name_f]/[name_f]Kerys[/name_f] [name_u]Ailbhe[/name_u]? Putting [name_u]Ailbhe[/name_u] in the middle would solve pronunciation issues as we don’t often have others say it. I like [name_f]Cerys[/name_f]/[name_f]Kerys[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] too.

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are my favorites from your list. I agree [name_f]Willa[/name_f] doesn’t exactly fit with the other names y’all like, but [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is short enough to do as a double middle if you want. Although since you plan to keep growing your family you could always save one for another child.
Suggestions:
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Eileen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]
Ilararia
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Brenda[/name_f]
[name_f]Breanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Meave[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiara[/name_f]
[name_u]Keeva[/name_u]

What about [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]? More Irish than Southern this way.

I love [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] :slight_smile: a fav of mine

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is actually one of my favorite combos, so it goes without saying that I love it! [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is also one of my favorites, and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is darling! My favorite of the boys is definitely [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] is great, but I like [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] better. You could also consider [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], if you like [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] so much.