Expecting our first

[name]Hi[/name] there everyone,

My name is [name]Amber[/name]. Me and my husband [name]Alex[/name] are pregnant with our first child. We don”t know the gender yet, but we”ve lazily been tossing around names ever since we found out the news. It was actually my sister in law [name]Kristen[/name] who sent me the link to this site and urged me to join, so here I am :slight_smile:

These are a few of the names we”ve been throwing around. I kind of like the idea of using a family name, or something similar to one. Our last name is [name]Williams[/name].

Boys:
Antonin/[name]Anthony[/name] ” Antonin is my dad”s name, but it is kind of ”out there” for my taste. [name]Anthony[/name] was the middle name of my big brother who passed away
[name]James[/name] ” My other brother”s name
[name]Levi[/name] ” My husband”s middle name

Girls:
[name]Lucie[/name] ” Family name. One of the few that isn”t too weird for my liking, lol
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] ” My mom”s name. I really like [name]Alice[/name], but [name]Kris[/name]” best friend (who I see a lot) has a little girl named [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] ” My middle name

Thanks,
[name]Amber[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Amber[/name]!

These are a few of the names we”ve been throwing around. I kind of like the idea of using a family name, or something similar to one. Our last name is [name]Williams[/name].

Boys:
Antonin/[name]Anthony[/name] ” Antonin is my dad”s name, but it is kind of ”out there” for my taste. [name]Anthony[/name] was the middle name of my big brother who passed away - I love [name]Anthony[/name]!
[name]James[/name] ” My other brother”s name - love [name]James[/name], too
[name]Levi[/name] ” My husband”s middle name - I don’t like [name]Levi[/name] as much as the other two. But I think that’s just me. A lot of Nameberry posters love the name [name]Levi[/name].

Girls:
[name]Lucie[/name] ” Family name. One of the few that isn”t too weird for my liking, lol - I love this name spelled [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] ” My mom”s name. I really like [name]Alice[/name], but [name]Kris[/name]” best friend (who I see a lot) has a little girl named [name]Alice[/name] - You could ask your friend whether she would mind if you named your daughter [name]Alice[/name]. I think since it’s your mom’s name, she would understand. I love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]!
[name]Rose[/name] ” My middle name - very pretty!

Thanks,
You are welcome!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Amber[/name], and welcome to Nameberry! :slight_smile: Your brother and sister-in-law are great! (I’m so sorry about your brother passing away…)

Boys:
Antonin/[name]Anthony[/name]: If Antonin is too out there for you, you could always go with [name]Anthony[/name]. (Or use either in the middle.)

[name]James[/name]: I love this name and its significance to you.

[name]Levi[/name]: It’s getting very popular, but I’m not sure if popularity is an issue for you or not. I personally prefer the other names on your list, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

Girls:
[name]Lucie[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]! (I just mistakenly spelled it with a y, and I’m thinking this may happen her entire life.) I think this name is amazing!

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]: I love this name! Would your friend mind if you used [name]Alice[/name]? (I don’t know if this matters to you, but there was an anchor named [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Williams[/name], who was on NBC, I think.)

[name]Rose[/name]: [name]Rose[/name] is one of my all-time favorite names, and it’s underused as a first name. I [name]LOVE[/name] it!

Some more ideas which you may like (or hate) :slight_smile: :

Girls:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] (means “loving” and begins with An, which could honor your brother…)
[name]Bryony[/name] (plant name…has [name]Anthony[/name]'s ending)
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] (Similar to [name]Alice[/name], but kind of dated…)
[name]Eve[/name] ([name]Eve[/name] means “life,” which could be a way to honor [name]Blake[/name]'s life…)
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] (means “[name]Beloved[/name],” which could honor your brother)
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name] (an alternative to [name]Mary[/name])
[name]Mariana[/name] (ditto)
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nell[/name])
[name]Rosalie[/name] (an alternative to [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Rosabelle[/name] (although [name]Kristen[/name] may kill me for suggesting this…) :slight_smile:
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] (it means “life,” and could be a way to honor you brother’s life…)
[name]Viviana[/name] (ditto…)

Boys:

[name]Andrew[/name] (popular, but has [name]Anthony[/name]'s beginning)
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] (has [name]Levi[/name]'s “ev”…)
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] (has [name]Levi[/name]'s beginning)
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Best wishes to you, [name]Amber[/name]! :slight_smile:

Thank you both for the wonderful responses. And you must be the infamous [name]Jill[/name] that [name]Kris[/name] and [name]James[/name] (or should I say [name]Megan[/name] and [name]Brian[/name]? LOL!) have told me about! All very wonderful things, I assure you :wink: I know you helped with my niece-to-be”s stunning name! And thank you very much for the condolences. I actually remember very little about [name]Blake[/name] (I was 3 when he died) but he is still my big brother and I love him very much.

I am thinking about [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] for a boy :slight_smile: [name]Both[/name] of my big brothers in one, it is a win-win! I like a lot of your suggestions! I think [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are my favorites.

You suggested a lot of pretty girls” names, too! I”m not quite as in to the super frilly girly names like [name]Kris[/name] is, so I don”t think you have to worry about becoming a homicide victim, lol! I do like [name]Bryony[/name] a lot, and [name]Rosalie[/name] is super pretty. I am pretty attached to [name]Mary[/name] and/or [name]Alice[/name], but thanks for the heads up about the anchor!

[name]Do[/name] you like any of these as alternatives to [name]Mary[/name]? I have been playing with the ”supersearch” option” lots of fun :slight_smile:

[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Marely[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
Martinique ” This isn”t normally my style at all, but it is actually the name of one of my grandmas. I kind of like it.

Haha! Yep! I’m that [name]Jill[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Williams[/name] would be an extremely meaningful name for your little boy. Like you said, you’ll get two-in-one! :slight_smile:

I really love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (Would you be using them together?). I have to say that you’re very lucky that your mom has such a great name! ([name]Kristen[/name] knows how jealous I am of the names on your family tree. [name]Fanny[/name] is one of the stars from my family tree, if that tells you anything…)

[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Marely[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]: This has been growing on me…
[name]Maribel[/name]: I think this is pretty…
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]: I love this, too. (I’m guessing [name]Marielle[/name] was too frilly?)
[name]Marigold[/name]: I love [name]Marigold[/name]'s quirkiness.
Martinique: I think this is pretty, too…

In all honesty, I love the original “[name]Mary[/name]” more than a lot of these pretty names. When I put them head-to-head [name]Mariel[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], and Martinique were the only ones that could compete with the amazing [name]Mary[/name]. :slight_smile: I think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Williams[/name] is so pretty!

I don’t know if it’s your style, but what about [name]Rosemarie[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name], honoring both you and your mom? ([name]Just[/name] trying to think of every naming possibility.) :slight_smile:

You know, I don”t know if I would use them together or not, but it is certainly very tempting. I have always thought her name was very beautiful, and she was complimented on it all the time :slight_smile: I”m so glad you like our family tree, ha! I can”t even pronounce about three-quarters of our family”s names myself :wink:

Oh, I like [name]Rosemary[/name] a lot! It definitely isn”t my usual style, but I REALLY like it! More and more every time I see it.

In all honesty, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the names you’re considering. :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see what other people have to say!

Random comment, but I think it’s wonderful that your baby will be so close in age to Miss [name]Blake[/name]. [name]How[/name] cute! :slight_smile:

I love
[name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Marian[/name]!
And Rosamel - is that the way it’s spelled? It’s not in the Nameberry name bank.
Also love
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosamond[/name]

Hey there sweetie! I am so glad you joined :slight_smile: It probably isn”t fair of me for me to be commenting, but I am anyway! I love love love [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] for a boy, and all of your girls” names are gorgeous. I think my favorites are [name]Marian[/name], [name]Maribel[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], Martinique, [name]Rosalie[/name], and [name]Rosemary[/name]! I love [name]Rosabelle[/name], but I know you wouldn”t :slight_smile: [name]Susan[/name]”s suggestion of Rosamel is super cute, too!

I”m so excited!

[name]Lucie[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name] love it, it is on my short list for my own future daughter!
[name]Alice[/name] so CUTE and definately works on a little girl and an adult.
[name]Maribel[/name] = [name]LOVE[/name]… Also love [name]Mabel[/name]… would be on my list if my last name permitted :frowning:
I like [name]Rose[/name] but really like [name]Rosalind[/name]… what about [name]Rosemary[/name]?

[name]Maribel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Williams[/name] you could use “[name]Mitzi[/name]” as a nickname. I love a quirky nickname on a traditional name but you could totally be turned off by that!
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Williams[/name] could always call her [name]Romy[/name] as a nn.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Lucie[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Williams[/name]

[name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] is so handsom!

[name]Do[/name] you have thoughts on a middle name if its a girl? Is finding a meaningful family name important?

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

What about [name]Tony[/name]??? for a middle name… both for your brother and father?

[name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]James[/name] [name]Levi[/name] - these two names flow very well!
[name]Levi[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] is another great option for a boys name. If you’re a two middle name person [name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] has a good sound.

Girls:
[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Lucie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sound beautiful!

Thank you, Zard, I love all of your suggestions! I really am pretty set on finding a family name for him or her :slight_smile: My family means a lot to me, and I really want to reflect that in my baby”s name. Two middle names is probably a little much for my liking, and though [name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] is super cute, my husband has expressed to me how much he always hated his middle name, for the jeans and now for [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Palin[/name]”s would have been son in law. So it is probably out of the equation entirely.

I am still pretty attached to [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] for a boy, to be honest with you gals. Like I mentioned before, it would mean the world to me to use both of my brothers” names for a little boy :slight_smile: For girls, my favorites of the moment are:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
Martinique
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]

I am really bad with middle names :slight_smile: But I really like Zard”s suggestions of [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name], and especially [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. I”ve employed [name]Kris[/name] to help me rifle through some more family names that I could maybe consider using, but they are for the most part too funky and/or unpronounceable (ex. Andromaque, Fleuretta, [name]Odette[/name]…) for my tastes :slight_smile:

Oh, I love [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]!

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] sounds like such a sweet adorable little girl! :slight_smile:

Boys:
Antonin/[name]Anthony[/name] ” If Antonin is too out there for you, go for [name]Anthony[/name] (which is very handsome and such a classic).
[name]James[/name] ” Again, a handsome classic!
[name]Levi[/name] ” [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Palin[/name] …
I love the idea of [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] to honour both of your brothers - it flows brilliantly, and they are both great names.
[name]Everett[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] from [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions are both fantastic, too.

Girls:
[name]Lucie[/name] ” Very pretty! This is one of my favourite names, although I can see spelling issues with [name]Lucie[/name] (unless you live in [name]Canada[/name]/[name]France[/name]), so it might be better to go with [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] ” Simple yet elegant.
[name]Rose[/name] ” I have always loved this one, although it is uber-popular as a mn at the moment. All the variations you’ve had suggested would be good ([name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], Rosamel, [name]Rosalie[/name]). Also, how about [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Rosanna[/name]/[name]Roseanna[/name]?
[name]Alice[/name] - If you see the little girl named [name]Alice[/name] very often, this may be a problem as a fn. Also, while [name]Alice[/name] is a brilliant name, that causes the problem of its extreme popularity …
[name]Marian[/name] - A very nice, vintage name.
[name]Mariel[/name] - Not my favourite.
[name]Marigold[/name] - Very pretty, and it carries on the flower theme from [name]Rose[/name], as well as using [name]Mary[/name].
Martinique - This is growing on my the more I look at it, although I can’t help thinking that names with the -que ending sound tacky when not in a French-speaking country … but if you live in [name]Canada[/name], I would seriously consider this one.
[name]Marie[/name] is lovely, too.

I had the name [name]Mariposa[/name] suggested to me - it is Spanish for ‘butterfly’. It might well by a little too girly for your tastes, but I just had to mention it because I love it!

Alternatively, you could keep the flower theme going from [name]Rose[/name], but use a different flower name … I love so many of them, especially [name]Violet[/name], [name]Tulip[/name] and Celandine (which would be extra appropriate, as it sounds like you have some French heritage). There’s a thread somewhere on here which lists absolutely tons of them!

I just have to put a vote in for [name]Odette[/name] - it’s an amazing name! It sounds like you have brilliant names on your family tree :smiley:

Good luck!

I love [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name]!

I don’t have time to read other people’s posts at this time, so my apologies if I repeat any suggestions!

Of the names you’ve mentioned, here are my picks and combo suggestions:

[name]Anthony[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
and
[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

[name]Lovely[/name] names with a classy feel! Good luck!

Thank you all for so many wonderful comments! They are so immensely helpful to us :slight_smile: Twinkle, this must sound ignorant of me, but I never caught the [name]Marigold[/name] connection”the flower theme as well as [name]Mary[/name]. It”s definitely inching up on my favorites list, now. I actually really like [name]Mariposa[/name]! It is girly, but I do like it a lot. Thank you. I like Celandine, too, despite its frills.

I like [name]James[/name] best from the boys, [name]James[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] is nice too.

[name]Lucy[/name] is lovely also- [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucretia[/name] & [name]Luciana[/name].
[name]Marigold[/name] is pretty.
From [name]Rose[/name] what about [name]Rosaria[/name] or [name]Rosanna[/name].

[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]