Expecting our Third?!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m expecting my third girl and I am stuck on names. Her Middle name will be a family name, [name_f]Louise[/name_f], and her sisters are [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] (No, not from Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars, they were born before the show started). I love [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] but then I have 2 A names and 1 H name, and I’m not a fan of that. Any other ideas?

What is it that you love about [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]? Is it the season? The type of name (seasonal)? The way it sounds?

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] comes to mind, but so does [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

Honestly, [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] isn’t bad and I don’t think having two A names and one H name would be an issue- but if you do, well . . . hmm

I guess I like the sound of it, and I don’t know why it is a problem, I just noticed it and it felt a little weird. Not a fan of [name_f]Summer[/name_f] but thanks for trying!

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Briana[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

haha I like that you specified that it’s not from PLL… I hope you don’t constantly get asked that!! I like the name [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] too but I can understand not wanting to have the same initials. Other names that might work:

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f] (Something with the ending, I guess) But love [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. But will she feel left out because her name ends in a different sound though?

And Yeah, I get asked a lot of it’s like Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars when I met people first, but after that they don’t ask anymore.

[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is soft, feminine and graceful like [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f], so I’ll list a few other names that fit into that category:

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_f]Eva[/name_f]: The combo “[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]” looks so beautiful and elegant to me, and I love how [name_f]Eva[/name_f] has the same soft cadence as [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f].

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_u]Eden[/name_u]: [name_u]Eden[/name_u] has the same rhythm (and most of the same sounds) as [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], so maybe it’s a nice alternative if you’re looking to avoid the A initial. It’s also similar to [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] in that it’s short enough to stand on its own without a nickname, but still feels substantial.

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]: Also a name that reminds me of the rhythm (and imagery) of [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], and I love how [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] pairs with [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]: [name_f]Mila[/name_f] reminds me of [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] because it’s graceful and light but still has a warm and sweet quality to it. The only issue is that maybe the L sound is too repetitive in [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], but it looks pretty on paper!

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_f]Willow[/name_f]: I just read the Nameberry page for this name, and it mentions how [name_f]Willow[/name_f] trees are flexible but virtually unbreakable…it’s such a poetic meaning, so I wanted to mention it! Again, not sure if [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is too heavy on the L sounds for you, but it has such a pretty flow, and I like how [name_f]Willow[/name_f] pairs with [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] - it has the same beginning/ending initial the way [name_f]Aria[/name_f] does and the same double-letter middle as [name_f]Hanna[/name_f], which absolutely no one will notice but still… :slight_smile:

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]: Maybe [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] is too uncommon paired with [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] (and maybe the double Ns are repetitive), but it fits in the soft/elegant category.

[name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: I love the sound of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. [name_f]Aria[/name_f] always makes me think of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] because they’re both romantic but familiar Italian names and have the same melodic sound.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you liked some of these…good luck!

Like [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u], but again, [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]!! [name_m]Just[/name_m] not sure about the ending. Is it a problem?

I don’t think the ending is a problem at all!

I think [name_f]Hanna[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], & [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] make a lovely sibset. I dont see a problem with the ending. It if bothers you that bad you could always call her “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]”

Ooooh, love the suggestions of [name_f]Scarlette[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. If you’re worried about endings, why not just simply name her [name_f]Etta[/name_f]? (I guess that might be a little dated, now that I think of it-)

[name_f]Scarlette[/name_f] nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is adorable though.

Autumn is very pretty and pairs well with [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. Concern about two As and an H might be overthinking it. It’s not three with the same letter and they also don’t come close to rhyming, which is much worse.

I don’t think a different ending is a problem. And I agree with @jmcg14 … I don’t think the same letter start is too bad.

I would go with a name which has the A last letter again, that way you have a lovely sibset of names.
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] doesn’t seem to match your other girls names that well?
[name_m]How[/name_m] about
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] louise.
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] louise
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Mia[/name_f] sounds nice with your other girl names x

I wouldn’t worry about a different ending sound. I’m one of three sisters, two who have -ee sound ending names and one with an -a sound ending name. Never seemed weird growing up at all, and my -a sister never mentioned feeling left out.

Equally, I know someone also with three girls, all -ee ending sounds and it seems a bit rhymey when she says all their names in one go (they’re not matchy, more like “[name_f]Katie[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u]” but just the repeated end sound when she reels them off)

Basically, don’t let [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] having a different ending to your other girls’ names put you off using them if you think they could be “the one”