Expecting second baby and need ideas to go with Rhiannon

[name]Hi[/name] ladies! My husband and I are expecting our second child in [name]October[/name] and I would love some suggestions for names. We have a 2 1/2 year old named [name]Rhiannon[/name] and I want something that goes with her name, but it doesn’t have to be overly matchy. Last name is Bass.

Girls names are where we are struggling the most- so far we only agree on 2 names and I’m not absolutely in love with either of them:
[name]Serena[/name]
or
[name]Tessa[/name] (not sure this goes well with [name]Rhiannon[/name], but I think it’s cute)

For boys we agree on more names, but still not in love with anything so far:
[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] (worried too common to go with [name]Rhiannon[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name] (don’t think it goes with our last name)
[name]Donovan[/name] (love this name, but have an uncle that I don’t like that is named [name]Donald[/name]/[name]Don[/name] and he would think we named the baby after him, not sure I can go there… but maybe if we used the nickname [name]Van[/name]?)

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name]Hi[/name]!

Wow! I love [name]Rhiannon[/name]! What an unusual and beautiful choice!

For girls, I’m not sure either of your names really captures [name]Rhiannon[/name]'s energetic, yet sophisticated flavor. What about these?

[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name] “[name]Eve[/name]” “[name]Vera[/name]”
[name]Gwyneth[/name] “Gwynnie” “[name]Gwyn[/name]”
[name]Morgana[/name]

For a boy, [name]Donovan[/name] is my favorite, but it ends in the same sound as [name]Rhiannon[/name], and you have that uncle issue. What about these?

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Broderick[/name] “[name]Brody[/name]” “[name]Ricky[/name]”
[name]Howell[/name] “[name]Howie[/name]”
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Parry[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Rhiannon[/name] is one of my favorite names (and songs) and I wish I had the guts to use it!

What about [name]Siobhan[/name]?

Girls
Angharad
[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Morag[/name]
[name]Sian[/name]
[name]Aoife[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]

Boys
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Gwilym[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Carys[/name] is one of the names I like that DH doesn’t. Our taste in girls names is pretty different- I’ve been begging for [name]Isabeau[/name], but he hates it. Same for [name]Isolde[/name], though I’ll give it to him that [name]Isolde[/name]'s a bit “out there”. His picks were [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Hailey[/name]… way way too common for me. DH’s main complaint with my style is that he says everything I like sounds like it comes from a fantasy novel, and he probably has a point. So, I’ve been trying to come up with a compromise between [name]Isabeau[/name] and [name]Hailey[/name], that still fits with [name]Rhiannon[/name] and it’s just not easy, hehe!

I also like [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name]… I love love love [name]Tristan[/name], but DH says it’s too airy-fairy for him :frowning: (Tried pointing out the cool Tristans from 3 different movies, but it’s not working, lol). I think he describes his taste in boys names as earthy.

The song is what sold me on using it :slight_smile:

I like [name]Siobhan[/name], but I worry about people not being able to pronounce it.

I love Irish/Gaelic names, but DH not so much. Especially the Gaelic ones where it’s hard to figure out how to pronounce them. [name]Dillon[/name]/[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Donovan[/name] are the only Irish ones that DH has liked so far. He likes [name]Desmond[/name] too, but I’m not a fan of that one.

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:

Earthy? Well, that’s interesting. Not totally sure where he wants to go with that - it could get pretty “out there”! I’m not sure where to go with your boy names, honestly, maybe Irish? [name]Dempsey[/name] or [name]Dermot[/name] or [name]Declan[/name]?

Anyway, a combination between [name]Isabeau[/name] and [name]Hailey[/name] could be [name]Isobel[/name], the Scottish variant of [name]Isabelle[/name]. Yes, [name]Isabelle[/name] is popular, but [name]Isobel[/name] isn’t, per se. It could give him his “popular” name - and he could call her [name]Izzy[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] - yet the origin fits more in with [name]Rhiannon[/name] and you can call her [name]Isabeau[/name] as a nickname! “[name]Isobel[/name],” like “[name]Rhiannon[/name],” is also a song - by Bjork (it’s a pretty strange song, so that might not be a selling point to bring up with hubby). Ha! Perfection!

PS I absolutely love [name]Isolde[/name], too. And, if you can convince hubby, [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Carys[/name] would be genuinely stunning!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], I love the name [name]Rhiannon[/name], I remember a girl with this name used to babysit me, LOL. With [name]Rhiannon[/name] I can see these names:

[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name] ([name]Bron[/name]-tee)
[name]Nyla[/name]
[name]Sinead[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Fifer[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Keeley[/name]

[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Keenan[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Lowell[/name]
[name]Murphy[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Frasier[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]

Hehe it’s funny to hear you say that. Funny how names are perceievd differently in different countries. I live in [name]Wales[/name] and know several Rhiannons and Rhians and even a Rhiannydd. If anything, it’s common here! If I lived somewhere where it wasn’t common I’d consider it as it’s beautfiul!

Congrats on #2! For a sibling to [name]Rhiannon[/name], how about:

[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] - love how they both have mythical connections!
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name]
[name]Daria[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]

[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]
[name]Ramsey[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name] - like [name]Donovan[/name] but avoids the unpleasant uncle connection
[name]Roarke[/name]

Good luck!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Dawson[/name] or [name]Reese[/name] for a boy?
For a girl, I like the [name]Guinevere[/name] or [name]Gwyneth[/name] suggestion, or your suggestion of [name]Serena[/name], which is equally as beautiful as [name]Rhiannon[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] all these names suggested and think they are great with [name]Rhiannon[/name]. I thought of “[name]Bronwyn[/name]” immediately actually. Also [name]Briar[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name].

For the girls:

[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]

For the boys:

[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]