Expert Anagrammers & Baby Namers needed!

[name]Hi[/name] there!

My husband and I really like the idea of giving our children family names. We love the idea actually. Problem is, the family members we would like to name our kids after don’t have very appealing names. [name]Trust[/name] me on that but I’ll prove it in a minute!
So I got the idea from this site to try anagramming the letters - maybe if we rearrange them, we can make something really nice? Well, the new problem is that apparently we aren’t very good at anagrams. :o
But I’m betting some of you are!

I’m really excited about what you guys might be able to come up with - any ideas or suggestions are appreciated (except to just use their names because you think they’re nice, sorry they just aren’t our style and it won’t happen).

So the names to anagram for a girl are: [name]Sheila[/name], Madzy

The names to anagram for a boy are: [name]Mario[/name], [name]Hubert[/name]

We are ttc and very hopeful so I’m really looking forward to some creative responses. Thank you so much in advance!

ETA: I wasn’t very clear the first time I posted this, sorry! What I meant was that the hubby and I are hoping to maybe take a couple of letters from each name and combine them for a new name. So take a couple of letters from Madzy and a couple from Sheila to come up with a new name for a baby girl; same for Mario and Hubert and a baby boy. The name doesn’t have to include all the letters by any means - so I guess not a true anagram but maybe more of a scramble??

I’ll have a go :slight_smile:

[name]Sheila[/name]-[name]Elisha[/name], [name]Leisha[/name], Sehali, [name]Ashlie[/name]
Madzy-wasn’t sure with this one, maybe Dazmy?

[name]Mario[/name]-Amiro, [name]Moira[/name], [name]Romia[/name], Omair
[name]Hubert[/name]-I couldn’t think of anything for this one that sounded nice

However as well as anagramming the names you can always pick names that are variants or share the same meaning

Some examples

[name]Sheila[/name]-[name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Cilla[/name], [name]Silje[/name], Cecille
Madzy-[name]Mitzi[/name], [name]Maddie[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Magdalene[/name]

[name]Mario[/name]-[name]Marius[/name], Rien, Merrion
[name]Hubert[/name]-[name]Hugh[/name], [name]Lev[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Tadeo[/name])

I hope that helped!

Maybe [name]Daisy[/name] for Mazdy? Similar sound. I like the idea of [name]Elisha[/name] for [name]Sheila[/name].

I might not use all the letters in the names, but I’ll try to get as many as possible.

[name]Sheila[/name]- [name]Leila[/name], Sheli, [name]Elisha[/name], [name]Elisa[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elia[/name], [name]Elias[/name], Helias, [name]Helia[/name], Elisah, Helisa, [name]Isla/name, [name]Ashlie[/name],
Mazdy- Zady, Mazy ([name]Maisie[/name]), Dazy ([name]Daisy[/name]), [name]Amy[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Day[/name], Damy, [name]Yza[/name],

[name]Mario[/name]- [name]Rio[/name], [name]Ram[/name], [name]Mari[/name], Arim, [name]Mori[/name], [name]Omar[/name], [name]Omari[/name], Imaro, [name]Rami[/name], Ramio, [name]Ramiro[/name],
[name]Hubert[/name]- Hue, [name]Bert[/name], [name]Bret[/name], [name]Burt[/name], [name]Rue[/name], [name]Rube[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Rhet[/name],

Maybe you could use letters from both names?
aadehilmsyz- [name]Adel[/name], [name]Delia/name, Shaylie, [name]Daisy[/name]/[name]Daizy[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Mali[/name], [name]Malia[/name], Maylie, [name]Miley[/name], [name]Hilda[/name], [name]Zelda[/name], [name]Hayli/name/[name]Haley[/name]/[name]Hailey[/name], [name]Lia[/name]/[name]Leah[/name], [name]Liam[/name], Mahle, [name]Melisa[/name], Madisa, [name]Lisa[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Mady[/name],
abehimorrtu- [name]Abe[/name], [name]Morrie[/name], [name]Timo[/name], [name]Ramie[/name], Rito, [name]Rita[/name], [name]Bart[/name], Morti, [name]Martie[/name], [name]Brit[/name], Timbo, [name]Rambo[/name], Trimbo, Rhime, [name]Marthe[/name], Mauri, Rauri, [name]Torrie[/name], [name]Harri[/name], [name]Barrie[/name], Bartie, Burtie,

[name]Hope[/name] this helps.

My favorite site to use for things like this is: Baby Name Scrambler

It says mommy and daddy’s name, but you can really just enter in two names. Here are some I like:

[name]Sheila[/name] & Madzy
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]

[name]Mario[/name] & [name]Hubert[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]

I think if you want to just anagram one of the names, then that gets even harder, but here is what I came up with:

[name]Sheila[/name] - [name]Shelly[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Sasha[/name] ([name]Elisha[/name] or [name]Elias[/name] for a boy)
Madzy - [name]Ada[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Maya[/name]
[name]Mario[/name] - [name]Omar[/name], [name]Amir[/name], [name]Amar[/name] ([name]Moira[/name] would be perfect for a girl!)
[name]Hubert[/name] - [name]Herbert[/name], [name]Rhett[/name], [name]Bret[/name] ([name]Ruth[/name] for a girl)

[name]Leila[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] - [name]Sheila[/name] /Madzy?

[name]Hubert[/name] - [name]Hugo[/name]? [name]Hugh[/name]?

Not anagrams, but some creative honoring.

[name]Hi[/name] pixie-mommy-megs - THANK YOU so much, that is exactly what I was hoping for! I didn’t really explain it clearly enough in my original post but but what I meant was that my hubby and I hope to use (at least) a couple of letters from each name (per gender - so for a baby girl, a couple of letters from each moms’ names; for a boy, a couple of letters each from dads’ names). It’s just too hard to use all the letters or whatever so we are very flexible about that. We just want to pay tribute to our moms and dads but in a kind-of creative way.

I love your suggestions, thank you so much for your help! ~ [name]Christine[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] catloverd! This is perfect, thank you so much! [name]Love[/name] your suggestions - and really love the link to the [name]Baby[/name] Name Scrambler! I was trying to think of how to search for something like that online but couldn’t come up with it. Really love [name]Hazel[/name], so pretty!

Thanks so much. ~ [name]Christine[/name]

If it’s of interest to you, this generator will give you anagrams using letters from two names. (You can put any two names in the “Mommy” and “Daddy” name blanks.)

http://www.babynamescramble.com/names/babynames.cgi

[name]Hi[/name] pixie-mommy-megs - THANK YOU so much, that is exactly what I was hoping for! I didn’t really explain it clearly enough in my original post but but what I meant was that my hubby and I hope to use (at least) a couple of letters from each name (per gender - so for a baby girl, a couple of letters from each moms’ names; for a boy, a couple of letters each from dads’ names). It’s just too hard to use all the letters or whatever so we are very flexible about that. We just want to pay tribute to our moms and dads but in a kind-of creative way.

I love your suggestions, thank you so much for your help! ~ [name]Christine[/name]

[name]Sheila[/name] + Madzy = Maila, [name]Malia[/name], [name]Mila[/name], [name]Meila[/name], [name]Shada[/name], [name]Zadie[/name]
[name]Hubert[/name] + [name]Mario[/name] = [name]Hero[/name]… That’s all I got. This one’s hard. :slight_smile:

girl - [name]Leisa[/name]