Explain Your Card!

The old “Explain Your Signature” thread was always one of my favorites to read. As it’s now obsolete, let’s try “Explain Your [name_m]Card[/name_m]”!

If you so wish, reply to this thread with your reasoning (however in depth) behind some or all of the names and combos in your card.

1 Like

I’m only doing the ones that are really special to me! Also @arietta-rose, the names in your user card are stunning! I’d love to hear some of the stories behind them!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] - [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has been one of my favorites for so long. It’s elegant, simple and not majorly popular. The nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is an added bonus. [name_f]My[/name_f] love for The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] has helped me fall in love with the name [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f], and I can see myself singing my little girl to sleep with the song [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f].

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is probably my greatest name love of all time. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I was little I was attracted to the simple beauty and gentleness of [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] love was heightened by my love of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]’s [name_f]Emma[/name_f], my favorite book. [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] was my favorite color growing up! I even wrote a “song” about it!

[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] - [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] was my great grandmother’s name, and my grandmom said that if she’d had a daughter, she would have named her [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]. I want to use the name for her. [name_f]My[/name_f] other grandma loved birds, so [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is for her.

None of my boy names have very special meanings, they’re just names that I really like.

1 Like

I’ve probably talked about these before but here we go.

Andrew [name_u]Killian[/name_u]- [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is a very useable name with many nickname options like [name_u]Andy[/name_u] and [name_u]Drew[/name_u]. One of my friends in high school was named [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]. [name_u]Killian[/name_u] would be after [name_u]Killian[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] aka [name_m]Captain[/name_m] Hook from Once Upon a Time. I know [name_u]Killian[/name_u] is controversial among some because of the “kill” part but the name use increased after the show and he was a loveable character which I think softens the name.

Draco [name_u]Maverick[/name_u]- [name_m]Draco[/name_m] is also controversial because of its connection to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] but I love the meaning. Dragon! That’s so cool! Plus, [name_m]Draco[/name_m] is my favorite character in [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] anyways and while he was a bully, he wasn’t the villain and he did change for the better in the end. [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] sounds so cool next to [name_m]Draco[/name_m]. Someone pointed out that the hard c and the ck sound is nice. Plus [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] from Top [name_m]Gun[/name_m] is a great character as well.

Nico [name_u]Dallas[/name_u]- [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is such a simple name that feels bigger than it is. It sounds sharp to me, which I tend to like. [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] was my great grandpas name and I loved [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] [name_m]Winston[/name_m] in the Outsiders. [name_f]My[/name_f] family might be moving to [name_u]Texas[/name_u] so it would be a connection to them in my eyes.

Atticus [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]- TBH I don’t read or watch To Kill a Mockingbird before choosing this name. I simply enjoyed the way it sounded and I pictured a warrior type like you would think with [name_m]Octavius[/name_m]. after watching To Kill a Mockingbird I still love the name. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] did his best to try and defend the innocent man even when everyone else was against him. [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] adds a softness to the sharper sounds of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is also the name of a character in a game I play plus I guess [name_m]Fin[/name_m] sounds good after [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] just like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] finch.

Cassiopeia [name_u]Austin[/name_u]- [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] so I want to stick with the space like name. [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] sounds nice and she could go by [name_u]Cass[/name_u] as a nn. [name_u]Austin[/name_u] adds a simplicity and is more unisex which balances the name out. [name_u]Austin[/name_u] is another city in [name_u]Texas[/name_u] and the lead singer of one of my favorite bands is named Awsten [name_m]Knight[/name_m].

1 Like

I think I’ll do my top 6 (3 girls, 3 boys😊)

Winnie Maeve - Winnie was one of those names that I had never thought of before, and then suddenly it clicked and it was all I could see our future little girl being called. It’s got just the right amount of old lady feel. Maeve is such a beautiful gentle name, with Irish roots that connect to my background.

Piper Ophelia - Piper was actually my SO’s suggestion and I love the feisty and spunky feel to it. The name has character and it makes me smile. Ophelia is such a gorgeous and dramatic name. My favourite film of all time is Pan’s Labyrinth and the main character is called Ofelia.

Lilah Grey - Lilah (pronounced lye-lah) has always sounded very delicate and feminine to me. It is less popular than Isla with a similar feel, and it is just so pretty. I have always liked the idea of Grey as a middle for a girl. It is a bit mysterious, reminds me of one of those stormy days that you look out the window and listen to the rain fall.

Arlo Sebastian - Again, Arlo was my SO’s choice. It’s strong and soft at the same time, with just enough uniqueness. I have always loved the name Sebastian ever since I first watched the Little Mermaid! It’s just cool and a little bit dramatic :blush:

Dexter Atlas - Dexter is probably my all time favourite boy’s name. I’ve loved it since I saw Dexter’s Laboratory on Cartoon Network, and since we have been trying for baby #1 it has felt more and more right. Atlas is such a strong name with a bit of whimsy. I wasn’t fussed with it as a first name, but it is absolutely perfect for a middle. I love the name together, for me it’s the ideal combo

Milo Benedict - I adore the name Milo, I think it’s lovely and soft. Paired with a strong middle name I think it sounds beautiful. Benedict is a family name, and I love that it’s a little bit different.

1 Like

Alright it’s time. Stay with me here; I’m going to have two posts: one for boys and one for girls.

[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f] Mist - [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] is just sooo beautiful, my all-time favorite girls name, and connected to one of my most favorite TV shows and legends, The Adventures of [name_m]Merlin[/name_m] (Arthurian [name_u]Legend[/name_u]). Also a way to honor my birthday twin, neighbor, church friend, and one of my best friends, [name_f]Allyson[/name_f] ([name_f]Ally[/name_f]). St. [name_f]Therese[/name_f] of Lisieux is a saint who has inspired me so greatly. Her little way and all of her life has helped me to live a better life. Mist is just so beautiful. I connect [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] with a misty pond, and I just love the name.

[name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - [name_f]Clover[/name_f] is one of my and my mother’s favorite flowers. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] is the patron saint of musicians, and my mom is the music director at our church and a professional singer, my sister and I play piano and organ, as well as sing, and my dad loooves classic rock and I do too.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Solange[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] - [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] has been on my top 5 girls names since age 4. So beautiful! [name_f]Solange[/name_f] is a wonderful saint and [name_u]Rain[/name_u] is just in there for the beauty and the word name theme.

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] - [name_f]Faith[/name_f] has played a very important role in my life. I know that sounds cliche, but I truly have difficulties with faith and trust, in God and other people. Without faith I would literally be having panic attacks every day. [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] is strong, fun, fantasy-sounding, and just super cool.

[name_f]Mireille[/name_f] [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] is to honor my mother [name_u]Maria[/name_u]. [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] is another wonderful girl, and [name_u]Hero[/name_u] is just very empowering and inspiring. Also, [name_u]Hero[/name_u] draws on my love of literature and [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m].

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] - I love peregrine falcons; they are my favorite animal and I just really want to protect them. Where we live there are literally only two pairs left in the entire state!! [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is ADORABLE too. [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] is to honor my sister [name_f]Silvia[/name_f]. [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is to honor another of my best friends.

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u] - [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] is so pretty to me; I have loved it since I met a girl with that name when I was about 8 or 9. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is to honor another best friend and neighbor. [name_u]Echo[/name_u] is just beautiful.

[name_f]Xyla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] - [name_f]Xyla[/name_f] and [name_u]Forest[/name_u] are just fun, I love the connection between [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and wood-dweller also. i enjoy “switching genders” of names and fantasy names as well. [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] is another inspiring saint and just sooooo pretty.

Side note: When I googled St [name_f]Solange[/name_f] (after reading @EJpuddlejumper’s post above) and clicked on the wikipedia article, this is what the note was: image
:joy:

2 Likes

:laughing:

Ooh this is fun! I’ll just do my top faves.

Victoria [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]: [name_f]My[/name_f] longest running combo, which I’ve had for about four years now. I love the flow of these names, the strength of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] with [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]’s lilt. I think Vix would be a super cute nn for this combo, too.

Vivienne [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: I just recently stumbled across [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (I ADORE the [name_u]French[/name_u] spelling especially bc I’m somewhat fluent in [name_u]French[/name_u]) and I think all the v’s in this combo are so pretty, but the long vowel in [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] prevents it from being too much. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is also an adorable nn that I would love to use and luckily it works perfectly for this!

Artemisia [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]: If I end up using [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] and my future SO doesn’t think it’s too much of a GP, I probably wouldn’t use this combo bc, with [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], it’s super GP. That said, it just looks and sounds so pretty!!

Ronan [name_f]Fey[/name_f]: One of my favorite combos due to its simplicity. I found [name_f]Fey[/name_f] in the book Nightshade and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] in The [name_u]Raven[/name_u] Boys and I thought they were perfect together. I love the meaning of [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], which is little seal, and is literally adorable.

I have a lot of names so I’ll only do the ones worth mentioning-

[name_m]Osiris[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]- [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] has been my absolute favorite boy name for a few year now. It sounds very strong to me and it has a lot of nicknames ([name_m]Oz[/name_m], [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m], [name_f]Iris[/name_f](my fav nn), [name_u]Ira[/name_u], etc). [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is a family name on my moms side being my great grandfathers and my great uncle (his son, my grandmas brother) name and would’ve been my middle if I were a boy. [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] is a name I just like and also the name of my favorite [name_m]Flash[/name_m] villain ([name_m]Leonard[/name_m] Snart; [name_m]Captain[/name_m] Cold).

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u]- [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is a very special name for me as it’s my great-grandmothers name who passed a few years ago. I love the strength of the Bible character too. It also has ton of nickname possibilities ([name_f]Miri[/name_f], [name_f]Ria[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], Riam, etc). [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] is a city in the Bible and I just thought it would be a cool name. [name_u]Penn[/name_u] I thought just sounded cool.

[name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_m]Buchanan[/name_m]- I think [name_u]Raven[/name_u] for a boy is SO COOL. It has a very mysterious yet lively vibe to it. [name_u]Angel[/name_u] (ahn-hel) is after my grandmother [name_f]Angela[/name_f], also I really like [name_u]Angel[/name_u] for a boy even pronounced in [name_f]English[/name_f]. [name_m]Buchanan[/name_m] is because of one of my favorite marvel characters ([name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Buchanan[/name_m] [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] “[name_m]Bucky[/name_m]”; [name_u]Winter[/name_u] Soldier).

[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]- [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] is a name I think is just super cute not much other than that. It’s so wonderfully vintage yet youthful. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] I just thought was a really pretty name and I love literature so there’s that. [name_u]Dean[/name_u] I just thought sounded nice with it.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Evening[/name_f] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]- [name_f]Helena[/name_f] (hel-en-uh) at first I did not like at all but the more I heard it I started loving it! The thing that really made me turn was the song [name_f]Helena[/name_f] by [name_f]My[/name_f] Chemical Romance and I’ve loved ever since. [name_f]Evening[/name_f] I just thought was a cool middle name. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] I’ve loved for a long time for both genders. It has a very simple but sophisticated feel to it.

[name_m]Alastair[/name_m] Mycroft [name_u]June[/name_u]- [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] doesn’t really have a story I just thought it was a real cool name and I really like the nickname [name_f]Ally[/name_f] for a boy. Mycroft is because of my HUGE love of [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m]. [name_u]June[/name_u] because I just think it’s has a very modern feel for a boy.

1: Poppy, 14, my nickname and age
2: ASD, autistic spectrum disorder
3: Names for my hypothetical daughters:
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]”: [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a favourite of mine, and it was my parents’ second front runner while naming me. [name_f]Leona[/name_f] is after my late uncle, [name_m]Leopold[/name_m].
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] “[name_f]Mina[/name_f]”: I love [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], plus it honours my brother, [name_m]William[/name_m]. I love how simple but elegant [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is.
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]”: Again, I love [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]’s regal vibe, I love long and frilly names :slightly_smiling_face: It also honours my nephew, [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] is after my uncle, [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u], and my brother, [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m].
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] “[name_f]Elise[/name_f]”: [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] combines two important names for me: [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. [name_u]Anne[/name_u]- names are a family tradition, and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is my aunt’s name. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] goes well with other names.

I love honour names :grin:

My long-standing favourites that I feel connected to to be my future children’s names
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

Girl name crushes (combos)
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_f]Kitty[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]

Boy name crushes (combos)
[name_m]Moses[/name_m] [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jemuel[/name_m] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]

Girl name crushes (singletons)
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Poem[/name_f]
[name_u]Elia[/name_u]

Sister name crushes
[name_u]Scout[/name_u] & [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u] & [name_f]Della[/name_f]

My online name/the name I was going to change mine to, ended up not
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]

My age

Self explanatory lol
Butterscotch is my kitty

Fun!

The one with the most meaning is [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Camryn[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]. [name_f]Annika[/name_f] is one of the only name that I like that has a cultural nod to my family. [name_u]Camryn[/name_u] is to my favorite actor and inspiration, [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Boyce[/name_m]. And [name_f]Elyse[/name_f], one of my best friends who is currently in the hospital because of her cancer relapse.

Hazel [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] eyes are hazel in color, and I just love the name! [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is one of my fav mns! [name_f]My[/name_f] first ever production was [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in wonderland, hence [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

Lyra [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the astronomy connection with [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] and just the sound! Newest addition to my card! And [name_f]Grace[/name_f] has been one of my favs forever!

Lilia [name_f]Jade[/name_f] - I just love the combo!

Madeleine [name_u]Rae[/name_u] - Top name and has stayed forever!

The other names are just names I love.

2 Likes

I’ve got a lot, so I’ll pick out a few of my favorites to keep it from getting too long.

October [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]: [name_f]October[/name_f] is a name I’ve loved for a while. It’s my favorite month in my favorite season and has a lot of family birthdays in it. The deal was sealed when I started reading the [name_f]October[/name_f] [name_m]Daye[/name_m] series by [name_m]Seanan[/name_m] McGuire, and I fell in love with it and the main character. [name_u]Toby[/name_u] can be selfish and sarcastic, but caring, selfless, and heroic to a fault, even if she complains about it every step of the way. Those are traits I’d love for my daughter to have (minus all the blood). [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is in honor of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Kirchherr, the first person to photograph the Beatles before they were the Fab [name_u]Four[/name_u]. When I became a Beatles fan, I absolutely fell in love with her and her story. She was my fashion icon for so long and had a huge influence on my life. One of my friends even calls me [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. She sadly died earlier this year and it was a blow. I would love to honor her. I’ve always had a fascination with the moon. I’ve tried out longer names like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Selena[/name_f], but there’s just a beautiful simplicity to [name_f]Moon[/name_f]. I don’t usually like two middle names, but I made an exception for this combo.

Rose [name_f]Serenity[/name_f]: I love roses and I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names. I love [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], and Wildrose, but there’s just a lovely simplicity to [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I love that roses are beautiful and sweet, but have a dangerous edge underneath if you mishandle them. [name_f]Serenity[/name_f] I love because it reminds me of peace, royalty (ala [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]), and freedom (ala [name_u]Firefly[/name_u]). Whenever I think of this combo, I think of a nature child who is kind and intelligent and always has eternally bare feet.

Belladonna [name_u]Snow[/name_u]: I love [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f], but I don’t know if I would ever use it. The poison connection doesn’t bother me (in fact it’s almost a plus), it’s just that it’s a lot of name. Still, I love the witch connection and it makes me think of [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] Took, the mother of [name_m]Bilbo[/name_m] Baggins, who was by all accounts an awesome lady (I don’t know if you could tell I was a fan). Plus, I love the nickname [name_f]Bella[/name_f]. [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is a nice, one-syllable name to balance it out and makes me think of taking the first step into freshly fallen snow on a cold winter’s night.

Faline [name_f]Temperance[/name_f]: I love cats. They are my absolute favorite animal. I love their intelligence, their independence, their beauty, and their ultimately loving nature. [name_f]Temperance[/name_f] is for the fact that I am a huge tarot nerd. In almost all of my themed decks, [name_f]Temperance[/name_f] has my favorite artwork of any card of the major arcana. Overall, though, this is probably more of a guilty pleasure name than anything else (yes, even I have my limits).

James [name_m]Thorin[/name_m]: [name_u]James[/name_u] is for a family tradition where the first-born son is named [name_u]James[/name_u], but never goes by it. This is true of my great-grandfather, grandfather, father, brother, and nephew. [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] is for [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] Oakenshield. Flawed though the films were, I really liked how they portrayed him. He was stubborn and prejudiced, but he was also brave, loyal, and a great king. [name_m]Even[/name_m] in the book, his friendship with [name_m]Bilbo[/name_m] was one of his most redeeming features. Plus, I just love [name_m]Richard[/name_m] Armitage (that voice).

Wolf [name_m]Helios[/name_m]: I really love wolves. They’re one of my favorite animals, second only to cats. I find them majestic and I love their devotion to their pack. I’ve considered both [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] and [name_m]Wulfric[/name_m] as long names, but as with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Moon[/name_f], there’s a nice simplicity to [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]. [name_m]Helios[/name_m] is for my grandmother, who died a few years ago. Her name was [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. I didn’t like any of the variations for a girl, so I decided on [name_m]Helios[/name_m] for a boy. It’s also a nod to my love of Greek mythology.

Hemlock [name_m]Etienne[/name_m]: Hemlock is for a running joke I have with myself. I notice that Hemlock and [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] get shot down a lot because they’re the names of poisonous plants, but I also see [name_u]Foxglove[/name_u] and [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] mentioned a lot despite the fact that they are also highly poisonous. So, I put all of them on my list somewhere. That’s not to say I don’t like Hemlock in its own right. I really love the gothic feel of it. [name_m]Etienne[/name_m] is a name I first came across in [name_f]October[/name_f] [name_m]Daye[/name_m] (most of the names on my list can be tied-back to [name_f]October[/name_f] [name_m]Daye[/name_m]). I love the soft, gentle feel of it and I think it really balances Hemlock out.

Okay, let’s try this.

Esme [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]: For the characters from ASOUE and Sense and Sensibility.

Katherine [name_u]June[/name_u]: For [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] Forman and my mom.

Beatrice [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] was one of my first name loves. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] honors my grandma.

Anna [name_f]Renee[/name_f]: Honors, well, me, I guess, and an old principal.

Phoebe [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]: [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] Buffay and the name of the first character I ever wrote.

Ruby [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]: Honors RBG

Annette [name_f]Joy[/name_f]: A Spanish teacher, and I love virtue names.

Leah [name_f]Violet[/name_f]: [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] and my love for violets. Also ASOUE.

2 Likes

I literally love every name on your list! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Adam [name_m]John[/name_m]: my grandfather, [name_m]John[/name_m], died 4 months after I was born. [name_f]My[/name_f] parents said he was a man of few words, so I wanted to make it short and sweet, and maybe even have a nickname (AJ.) I chose [name_m]Adam[/name_m] because [name_m]Adam[/name_m] from the Bible was the start of a new beginning, the beginning of human life. I want to make sure that little [name_m]Adam[/name_m] doesn’t feel tied down to anything, I want him to feel like he can start a new beginning if he wants to.

Aaron [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]: [name_f]Erin[/name_f] is my aunt’s name. She is a role model to me, hardworking and generous. I love her so much. I want my future child to know her as a role model too. I want my future son to look at his name and remember the wonderful, loving woman that his name was inspired by. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is my father’s name. Other than his incredible ambition, he always helps me when I need it and encourages me to ask him for help. It’s also a family tradition for the son’s middle name to be the mother’s father’s first name.

I’ll stop there for now cuz I don’t want to clutter up this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like