Explain Your Signature

I love hearing about why people like the names they like, and I imagine some of you do too! If you feel like it, explain why you like those names enough to make them your signature, and which THREE names you would be most likely to use on real children.

1 Like

Oooh, this is a fun idea! Generally speaking, I struggle with boys names so my girls names are much more likely to be really thought out and some of my combos there will have been around for a lot longer

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is a name Iā€™d heard before and not liked, but heard it in passing at the beach one day and instantly fell in love with it. As it happens, it links in with my daughterā€™s first name, as they both mean ā€œstrongā€ or ā€œstrengthā€. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is actually my daughterā€™s choice (after [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Hofferson of [name_m]How[/name_m] To Train Your Dragon, of course!) but I actually love the meaning ā€œDivinely beautifulā€ and its the ideal replacement for [name_f]Anais[/name_f] in my original favourite combo [name_f]Anais[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]. I feel like [name_f]Anais[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Brianna[/name_f], who I sometimes call [name_f]Anna[/name_f] to be usable for me any more. This name has SO MUCH meaning packed into it, especially if I chose to nickname to ā€œ[name_u]Ari[/name_u]ā€, honouring my best friend and soul sister [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f], and most of it fell into place accidentally, or I found out matching meanings later, so it feels meant to be! I especially love that [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] was what my daughter picked out herself!

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] / [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] - [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], rarely for my top names, is just a name I like. I love the nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u]. [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] was my favourite name as a child and I still love it, ever since reading the story of the Minotaur! [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] subtly nods to my brotherā€™s heritage. [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] is a name I like slightly less, but itā€™s aforementioned best friendā€™s name and I think it goes well.

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] ā€œ[name_u]Kit[/name_u]ā€ - [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] is another name with a lovely meaning ā€œorder/beautyā€. Itā€™s another subtle honour name for my brother, whose name rhymes with [name_u]Rory[/name_u], but starts with a C (ifyaknowwhatimeeean), and I love how itā€™s a bit different. Iā€™ve always loved the name [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and it links in to one of my daughterā€™s middle names [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f]'s flower meaning is also ā€œinnocenceā€, and my daughterā€™s other middle name is [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], which means ā€œpureā€, so double link! [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is a nickname I just love, and something unexpected for [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], which I struggle to nickname. [name_u]Kit[/name_u] has a subtle link to my sister [name_f]Kirsty[/name_f], so [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] honours both my siblings and aligns well with my daughterā€™s.

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] - [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is a name suggested to me by Berries as an honour name for my mother, and I love itā€™s meaning ā€œardent, fieryā€! It feels like a lovely name to go alongside [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] which means ā€œstrongā€. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is similar to my sisterā€™s middle name [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

Names Iā€™m trying out, which donā€™t have quite as much meaning:

[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - Both are just names I like, and I just adored [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_m]Granger[/name_m] as a child, I wont even shy away from the [name_m]Potter[/name_m] references, haha! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Viva[/name_f]ā€ - Both names have the meanings as above, and I like [name_f]Viva[/name_f] as a fun unexpected nickname

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] honours my grandmother, and has been really growing on me. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is another one I just love, and its a combination of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (from my daughterā€™s name) and my first name!

[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f], I just like. I dont think itā€™s all that usable for me considering my daughterā€™s name is [name_f]Brianna[/name_f]. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is my middle name, and my motherā€™s.

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] - I just love both namesā€¦ my mum would kill me if I used it, because we had a very large, very stupid boy cat called [name_u]Remy[/name_u]ā€¦ It hasnā€™t put me off much

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - I think the meaning of [name_f]Lila[/name_f] - ā€œnightā€ - is interesting and beautiful and it feels like a fresher alternative to [name_f]Lily[/name_f], carrying on my flower theme thing from my first daughter. [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] I just liked, and I love the nature connection

[name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - [name_f]Amara[/name_f] probably wont be all that usable as itā€™s one I fell in love with from my sisterā€™s name list when she was expecting, and one sheā€™s reserved for the futureā€¦ I just like to play with the name for combos! The meanings are many and lovely! [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is an old favourite

[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] - [name_f]Mallory[/name_f] is one Iā€™ve loved forever and another my sister likes, so I wouldnt use it without her say so. [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] is a subtle [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] honour name (my mother) and my birth stone

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Olivier[/name_m] / [name_u]Orion[/name_u] - [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is one I have always always loved, and it has such a great meaning ā€œbringer of treasureā€. [name_m]Olivier[/name_m] (oh-liv-ee-ay) has no significant meaning to me, but I adore it, and its a little different to classic [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] which is so popular in my area. [name_u]Orion[/name_u] is fun and different, and nods to my science background, and my daughterā€™s love of astronomy (She loves to point out [name_u]Orion[/name_u]'s Belt!). Itā€™s another Greek mythology name, which I love

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] - [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is yet another mythology name Iā€™ve loved since I was a child (not Greek this time though!). I went to middle school with a [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] who went by ā€œTTā€, and he was such a sweet kid, it left a lovely impression on me for the name - usually real life associations are the opposite! [name_f]Briar[/name_f] is a fun nature name that has the double link to my daughter of sounding like [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] and being a plant/nature name. It also felt sweet and lighthearted next to [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

Names Iā€™m trying out:

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] - Neither name has any particular meaning, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a lifelong favourite.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexei[/name_m] - I love the meaning of [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] ā€œmind, intellectā€, and [name_m]Alexei[/name_m] ā€œdefending menā€. Put together, it feels like a kind of ā€œthe pen is stronger than the swordā€ kind of thing, like using your intellect to defend. It felt kind of fun to look into combined name meanings after my daughter accidentally has one: [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] ā€œstrongā€, [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] ā€œpureā€, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Rose[/name_f]ā€ = strong pure rose, which I adore and we didnt realise until she was registered

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] - [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is one thatā€™s been growing on me, [name_u]James[/name_u] is a classic favourite. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is a nature nameā€¦ but mainly is my favourite Hobbit - I am a giant [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings fan, my mother was terrified I was going to name my daughter [name_f]Arwen[/name_f]. All in all, just a combo I find fun

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] means ā€œbrave in warā€, similar to my daughterā€™s name meaning, and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] has a similar meaning. Itā€™s a new one Iā€™m thinking about with no great significance

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] ā€œ[name_u]Kit[/name_u]ā€ - [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] was suggested to me as a full name for [name_u]Kit[/name_u], Iā€™m still thinking about it. [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] has a personal association and it means ā€œlittle warriorā€, which was very fitting to the [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] I knew. [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] just makes me happy every time I hear it

[name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] - Another one Iā€™m just kicking around. I like the [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] meaning ā€œbrightā€

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] - [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] has links in Irish legend, my daughterā€™s first name is Irish. [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] has a fun meaning ā€œoracleā€ and Iā€™ve always liked [name_u]Reid[/name_u] - It happens to mean ā€œred hairedā€ and Iā€™m a redhead, so it would be nice if I had a little auburn boy!

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] - [name_m]Felix[/name_m]'s meaning ā€œhappyā€ is so lovely, and I just like the other two names! (Have mentioned [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/[name_m]Alexei[/name_m] above)

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] ā€œ[name_u]Toby[/name_u]ā€ - [name_m]Just[/name_m] names I like, no real significance

As far as using names, if I was pregnant and had to choose right now, Iā€™d go with:

G: [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
B: [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
GG twins: [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] and [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
GB twins: [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
BB twins: [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]

I also really really like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]/[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f], and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] (still thinking about middles), [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] and would use them in a heartbeat!

Currently my signature consist of combos from my long list (I put them there in turn as itā€™s impossible to have everything fit in there) and newest crushes. The three names I most likely use in real life are currently not displayed, actually: [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] for girls, [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Gibran, [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m] Gavroche.

Although if I have to choose three from my current signature, I think I can imagine myself with [name_m]Ragnar[/name_m], [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Fun!

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] - I have loved [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] for years! It has been one of my favourites for quite a while too. I like that itā€™s not popular or overused. [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Soffer and [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] have made me love it more. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is in the middle name spot because I love it so much but itā€™s very popular where I live, I donā€™t like [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] and my niece is called [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is so beautiful. I used to prefer [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] but now I love [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] more. I first heard it on a [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy and fell in love. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_m]Bush[/name_m] has also made me love the name more. [name_f]Camille[/name_f] is a pretty new love to me but when I first heard it, I fell in love.

[name_u]Jay[/name_u] - I have recently started to love this lately. I think itā€™s so underrated. I donā€™t remember where I first heard it, but my love of [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Halstead made me fall completely in love.

[name_m]Will[/name_m] - This has been a favourite name of mine for soooo long. I used to use it as a nickname for [name_m]William[/name_m] but now I much prefer just [name_m]Will[/name_m]. I think it ages great.

[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] - This name is a classic to me. I think [name_u]Paddy[/name_u] is adorable for a little boy and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is great as a full name for an adult. I also love it in the middle name spot.

[name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] - This is a new love of mine. I think itā€™s so handsome. I dont normally like place names but [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] is a beautiful place. I can see myself using this in the middle name spot.

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] - This is another new love for me. I first saw this spelling on As The World Turns and I fell in love. She just so happens to be the daughter of [name_m]Will[/name_m]. I can definitely see myself using this one day.

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] - I am so in love with this. I think itā€™s so much fresher than the popular [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. Itā€™s not common where I live so thatā€™s great too.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - I have loved [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] for ever. Thereā€™s not really much to say, I just love it. I think its elegant and beautiful.

[name_u]Sage[/name_u] - This is another name that I heard on As The World Turns. I think its so beautiful for a little girl. I also dont mind it on a boy. Itā€™s quite a new love for me.

The top 3 names that I would use are [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] & [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

My signature list is very short right now, but I donā€™t put names on there until we confidently have a combo in mind (even though they may change later on).

[name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m]: [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] is my husbandā€™s current favorite. Iā€™m not overly sure whyā€¦he just really likes it. It isnā€™t my favorite name, but I like it well enough and would be comfortable using it on a son. I do like that [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] is a variation of [name_m]John[/name_m], which is my grandpaā€™s name (Grandpa is battling cancer and likely doesnā€™t have too long left, but half of my family would be very upset if we used the name [name_m]John[/name_m]ā€¦heā€™s my step-grandpa, technically, although all of that happened like 30+ years before my birthā€¦anyhow, it would just cause hard feelings. This is sneaky enough that I could get away with it :wink: ). [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m] is a recent addition to the combo. While the name doesnā€™t have any deep definition or anything, I like that the name sounds happy, enduring, fun-loving, and kind. It also reflects a [distant] part of our ancestry. Anyhowā€¦if DH gets [name_m]Ivan[/name_m], then I get [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m] :wink:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]: [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is the one name that both DH and I love. It means the same thing as my name, plus contains elements of both of our names (although that sounds a bit too conceited, so I wouldnā€™t toss that info out there too much). We think it is beautifulā€¦the most beautiful girl name in our world. Perfect for our future daughter :wink: [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] was picked because it has an old-timey feel and several family connections. We think the entire combo is beautiful.

Thatā€™s really it, for now. There are other names that we like, for various reasons, such as [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]. Weā€™d use any of themā€¦but the top three that we would be likely to use are [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]/[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] (depending on boy or girl).

Iā€™m a little unsure about my girlsā€™ list in my signature at the mo but this is what Iā€™ve got right now:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] ā€œ[name_u]Theo[/name_u]ā€ ā€“ [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] has been my top boysā€™ name for years now and [name_u]James[/name_u] has pretty much always been in the middle spot for him, as well as being a nod towards my love of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is just something Iā€™m loving right now. I havenā€™t found a second middle for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] that I absolutely adore, though.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] ā€œ[name_u]Asa[/name_u]ā€ ā€“ [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s been on my list for a while, too, [name_u]Asa[/name_u] for even longer. I also like it since Iā€™m just getting in to BBCā€™s [name_m]Merlin[/name_m]. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] and [name_m]Milo[/name_m] are just names that I love and think work really well as a middle. This is probably one of my favourite combos Iā€™ve created.

[name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] ā€“ I love [name_u]Percy[/name_u] a lot, especially because of the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] reference. I love [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] just because, though itā€™s also a HP nod ([name_m]Fred[/name_m] Weasley). [name_m]Leo[/name_m] just happens to be another [name_m]Rick[/name_m] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] character as well as a nod to my love of lions.

[name_u]Misha[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] ā€“ I started to love [name_u]Misha[/name_u] after getting into [name_u]Misha[/name_u] [name_u]Collins[/name_u] on Tumblr; I just think he sounds amazing and I also have a soft spot for Russian nicknames (especially [name_u]Pasha[/name_u] [down as a nn for [name_u]Percy[/name_u]], [name_f]Masha[/name_f] and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [for [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]]). [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is actually a favourite of my mumā€™s that I came to love and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]'s probably one of the first names I loved.

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] ā€“ I only started loving [name_u]Remy[/name_u] relatively recently but I like him a lot! Realistically, Iā€™d probably use him as a nn for [name_m]Remus[/name_m] irl (another HP nod) but heā€™s also a nod to my cousin [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a new favourite (before, I just liked him), mostly due to the [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Stan[/name_m] association. Iā€™m not too sure about [name_m]Wolf[/name_m], though I do love the animal; Iā€™m considering swapping him out for Wilde atm.

[name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] ā€“ Iā€™ve had [name_u]Kit[/name_u] on my list for a while, originally as a nn for [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], but I love him a lot. [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]'s another favourite and [name_u]Poet[/name_u] is just lovely, as well as a nod towards my love of creative writing.

[name_m]Hal[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u] ā€“ Like with [name_u]Remy[/name_u], Iā€™d probably use [name_m]Hal[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]Harry[/name_m] (a nod towards both HP and my cousin). [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]'s been a favourite for a while and [name_u]Auden[/name_u]'s just a filler right now; Aslanā€™s a more likely choice, really. Iā€™m not too sure, though.

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] ā€“ [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is my top girlsā€™ name and has been for years. Both me and my mum adore her! [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is another favourite that Iā€™m actually considering adding as a first. Itā€™s a nice nod to me and my mumā€™s relationship - she calls me ā€œher own little [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]ā€ as a reference to the [name_m]Roald[/name_m] Dahl character, which I think is really sweet. Again, Iā€™m unsure about the second middle right now; [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is just something I put there recently.

[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Effie[/name_f]ā€ ā€“ I absolutely adore this combo! [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Effie[/name_f]ā€ is my second favourite girlsā€™ name (currently one of the only two that I love). [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]'s been a favourite for a while and [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] is, while adorable, a nod to the Disney movie.

[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] Solace ā€œ[name_f]Lula[/name_f]ā€ ā€“ I like this combo a lot though Iā€™m struggling with my love of [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] right now. I added her mostly due to the nickname possibilities (especially [name_f]Lu[/name_f], a nod to my mum [name_f]Louise[/name_f]), loved her for a period, and now Iā€™m falling out of of love with her :(. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is a favourite of mine, though, and I absolutely adore her with Solace (another nod to [name_m]Rick[/name_m] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m]).

[name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Lilo[/name_f]ā€ ā€“ [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] is a relatively new addition (she was [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]) but the nn [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] is something I came up with not long ago: [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] and Stitch was, and is, one of my favourite movies and I absolutely adore the character and her name! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] was on my list as a first but I put her as a middle for [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] is something I love and think would make a nice middle here.

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Magda[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Dora[/name_f]ā€ ā€“ [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] is something I added not long ago (she was [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]) because I wanted a change and I love [name_f]Dora[/name_f] to pieces (itā€™s also another HP nod [Nymphadora ā€œ[name_f]Dora[/name_f]ā€ Tonks]). [name_f]Magda[/name_f] is something I saw in @handsalloverā€™s signature and I fell in love with. [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] is something Iā€™ve loved for a while and I love it for its nod to [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u].

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] ā€œ[name_u]Romy[/name_u]ā€ ā€“ [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is probably my favourite [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- variation but itā€™s unlikely Iā€™ll use her in real life because [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] ranks higher on my list and I find the -mund endings too similar. [name_u]Romy[/name_u], I feel, makes [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] more fresh (I also have [name_u]Rio[/name_u] and [name_f]Masha[/name_f] down as nicknames). I love [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] for its alliteration though I donā€™t quite love [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]'s a favourite, though.

The rest of my names ([name_f]Jane[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]ā€, [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Lu[/name_f]ā€, Hatchet, [name_m]Inigo[/name_m], [name_u]Lexis[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], Locryn, [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] and [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]) are just characters Iā€™ve created.

Out of the names in my signature, Iā€™d call three boys [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] ā€œ[name_u]Theo[/name_u]ā€, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] ā€œ[name_u]Asa[/name_u]ā€ and [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] today and three girls [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Effie[/name_f]ā€ and [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Lilo[/name_f]ā€/[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] Solace ā€œ[name_f]Lula[/name_f]ā€. From my charactersā€™ names, Iā€™d use [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]ā€, [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Lu[/name_f]ā€ for girls and [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] and Locryn for boys.

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Doreen[/name_f]: [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is a name I have always loved and it is my top girls name, [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a family name that I will definitely use as a middle if I have a daughter. [name_f]Doreen[/name_f] was my great [name_f]Nana[/name_f]'s name and I want to honour her by using it.

[name_u]Baylor[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Mauve[/name_f]: [name_u]Baylor[/name_u] is really beautiful [name_f]IMO[/name_f] and it means horse trainer so I love it even more as I love horses. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is explained above and [name_f]Mauve[/name_f] is quite unusual but pretty and I think it fits with [name_u]Baylor[/name_u] well.

[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]: I love how gorgeous and slightly unusual [name_f]India[/name_f] is and it pairs really well with [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I really like bird names and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is one of my favourites.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Christabelle[/name_f]: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is pretty, feminine and so is [name_f]Christabelle[/name_f]. I think they work well together because [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is more well known and [name_f]Christabelle[/name_f] is more uncommon.

Robeccia [name_f]Honor[/name_f]: My great grandad used to grow these flowers for me but spelt Rudbeckia but I thought this would cause a lot of pronunciation problems. Robeccia looks really nice to me and [name_f]Honor[/name_f] just has a nice sound and it shows that itā€™s honouring my great grandad.

[name_m]Caden[/name_m] [name_m]Javier[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]: [name_m]Caden[/name_m] is my favourite boys name and I love it. [name_m]Javier[/name_m] is a name Iā€™ve never heard on anyone and I like the sound of it, especially because itā€™s Spanish and I spent a lot of time there growing up. At the moment Iā€™m still experimenting with a second middle for this combo but Iā€™m quite liking [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]ā€“although I may change it.

[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] Louix [name_m]Knox[/name_m]: [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] was a name that my mother considered for me if I had been a boy and I really like the style and sound of it. Louix is an alternative spelling to [name_m]Louis[/name_m] (loo-ee) that I came across one day and it just stuck. [name_m]Knox[/name_m] is a name that Iā€™m really liking at the moment and I think it goes well with this combo.

[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_m]Asher[/name_m]: I really love [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] and I think it goes well with the fairly modern [name_m]Asher[/name_m].

Torben [name_u]Adair[/name_u]: Iā€™ve never heard either of these names on people before and I love the sound and uniqueness of them both.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]: I love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] but Iā€™m not too sure on a middle yet. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is a name I keep thinking about at the moment and it goes pretty well with [name_u]Parker[/name_u] but my family would probably have a lot to say if I used itā€¦

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]: I quite like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and although itā€™s quite unusual I think it has a lot of familiarity because of the name [name_f]Bella[/name_f]. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is a name I really like and it seems to go well with almost anything (I would use this on a girl).

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]: I saw [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] on here once and I just couldnā€™t stop thinking about it so I paired it with [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and Iā€™m quite liking it. Itā€™s more of a guilty pleasure though and I canā€™t really imagine using it.

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Story[/name_u]: I really love [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], itā€™s quite classical and I think itā€™s more feminine than [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (am I the only one who emphasises the ā€˜enneā€™?). [name_u]Story[/name_u] is unusual but I love it mainly because it kind of shows my love for books and reading.

My top three are [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Doreen[/name_f], [name_m]Caden[/name_m] [name_m]Javier[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and [name_u]Baylor[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Mauve[/name_f] but my name preferences would differ depending what genders I had and whether they were singular or not.

My whole sig are names I would use and my SO likes. Iā€™ve sorta cut down my list to only names Iā€™d use [name_m]IRL[/name_m].

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] just seems sleek and whimsical at the same time. The whole combo means ā€œfrom the forestā€, ā€œlovableā€, ā€œfairyā€. Which I really enjoy! [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] honors my Italian heritage and would be a little nod to my name [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] and my great grandmother [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is a name Iā€™ve always liked. I really want to do a fairy or woodland nursery theme.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] Laureline [name_f]Fay[/name_f] ~ Laureline is just magical to me. I love the sound and feel with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Fay[/name_f].

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Calista[/name_f] means ā€œmost beautifulā€. Sheā€™s been on my list a long time! I adore the sound, meaning, & feel. I adore the nicknames [name_f]Calla[/name_f] and Lissy. My SO really likes this name, too. [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] doesnā€™t mean dolphin which a huge misconception! It means ā€œof [name_f]Delphi[/name_f]ā€ which was believed by the Greeks to be the center of the [name_f]Earth[/name_f], a place where you could communicate directly to the Gods. Also thereā€™s the lovely Delphinium flower ā€“ which is a bluebell like flower . It is similar the word dolphin, which is a lovely association to me. Dolphins are intelligent animals.

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] ~ I love the meaning ā€œmost beautiful roseā€. I also enjoy the flow with our last name, [name_m]Thompson[/name_m]. I think [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_m]Thompson[/name_m] sounds wonderful.

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] feels elegant but also is whimsical to me. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] brings out her whimsical, earthy feel to me. Many websites say [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] means ā€œwished for childā€ but a more accurate meaning is ā€œdesiredā€. Which is just as nice, [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a bit more elegant. Besides the sound, I love the meaning ā€œdesired, rainbowā€. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] has been a favorite for years. I love the meaning, flowers, and Greek goddess association.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] ~ Iā€™ve love [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for years! Heā€™s a bit popular now but Iā€™m willing to overlook because heā€™s been a favorite for so long. Besides sound, I love the nickname [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]. My SO also adores [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] which is great! [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is also a nod to my [name_m]German[/name_m] heritage (father is 100%). [name_m]Felix[/name_m] means ā€œlucky, successfulā€ which I adore. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] has always seemed like a such happy and bright name.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] ~ [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] meanā€™s ā€œheart, mind, spiritā€ which I love. I just love the sound and feel of them together.

[name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] ~ [name_m]Marius[/name_m] is a name thatā€™s popular in Germany and [name_f]France[/name_f] ATM but hasnā€™t caught on here yet. I just love the overall sound and feel. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is nice international name with a romantic feel.

[name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_m]Emil[/name_m] ~ [name_m]Emil[/name_m] honors my [name_m]German[/name_m] heritage and I have thing for [name_f]Em[/name_f]- names! Probably because E & M are two of my favorite letters (probably why I like the whole combo too).

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Anwen[/name_f] ~ I love how romantic [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is and her [name_m]French[/name_m] feel. [name_f]Anwen[/name_f] means ā€œvery beautifulā€ in Welsh, prn. Ahn-wen. I love the romantic [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] with the magical [name_f]Anwen[/name_f]. Overall, it means ā€œvery beautiful roseā€ which I adore.

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - My all time favourite for almost a decade now! A combination of my favourite name, [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], and his favourite [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] - I love [name_m]Evander[/name_m] & nickname [name_m]Anders[/name_m] to honour my fiancƩ. [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] is one of my favourite authors.
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] - Two favourites with a nod to a movie I enjoy.
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_u]North[/name_u] - I love [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] and [name_u]North[/name_u] lightens it up a bit but that was before the [name_u]West[/name_u] thing.
[name_m]Dresden[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] - Another long time favourite of mine, not sold on [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] anymore these days though.
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] - My late fathers name, I would love to use it if I could.

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] - My favourite girls combo but the initials are unfortunate with the last name. I love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], the colour, the flower, the scent, and the general vibe of the name, we would use the nickname [name_u]Avi[/name_u] (ah-vee), and [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] was my grandmothers middle name.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] - A double nod to my father and his service to [name_f]Canada[/name_f].
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] - Something about [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] caught my attention a few years back and itā€™s now made the list, but I have no middles.
[name_f]Pamela[/name_f] - [name_f]Pammie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f], a nod to my fathers initials, [name_f]PAM[/name_f].
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - another long time favourite, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is to honour [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].
[name_f]Corisande[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u] - I love this name and combo, but itā€™s likely only destined to be a guilty pleasure name as I donā€™t think it will be well received at all.
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] - ā€˜[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]ā€™ and I think [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is a lovely, happy name to give a baby girl.
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] - ā€˜[name_f]Dessa[/name_f]ā€™ Not sure about this one anymore to be honest.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] - A new favourite that I am falling for every day. [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is my middle and my grandmothers name, and I just love [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

ā€
ā€¢ Almila Sereday - name of my future daughter surely. Never changed this combination ever after being a member of NB - Almila is also written as Almıla (is more authentic this way) and has another variation [name_f]Alma[/name_f], and means red apple. [name_u]Red[/name_u] apple is an important part of our history and mythology. Sereday was a name I discovered when I was searching for ƖztĆ¼rkƧe adlar (names) and means ornament.
ā€¢ [name_f]Iris[/name_f] Alara - another consistent combination only changed when I add a second middle name - if I feel brave enough I may use it
ā€¢ Konrul [name_m]Zeo[/name_m] - part of a DD/DS/DS/DS sibling set purely historical. Konrul may sound masculine but in mythology it is one of the heads of legendary bird of Oksoko and symbol of SelƧuk Empire - twin sister of [name_f]Tu[/name_f]ğrul. [name_m]Zeo[/name_m] is the Turkish spelling of [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
ā€¢ Mavera Liri - Mavera is another historical name but this time a place name too - it is from Mavera Ć¼n Nehir - a place where Turkic peoples live. Liri is an Albanian and Hebrew name. I am not Jewish but my fatherā€™s family migrated to Turkey from Albania so Liri is a nod to my roots
ā€¢ Solin Tuana - recently changed this combination from Solin Minay to Solin Tuana. I am not sure which one I prefer. Solin means wise and can be written as [name_m]Sol[/name_m]ın too. Tuana is either comes from TĆ¼ana or Suana I am not sure. Solin is part of a DS/DD/DS sibling set
ā€¢ Suvolta [name_u]Rey[/name_u] - Suvolta was a name I found when I was thinking about changing my name. I dislike my first name and use [name_f]Su[/name_f], my middle name, but then I find my middle name too short. I searched for longer names that can have the nn [name_f]Su[/name_f], among three - Suvolta, Suana and Suay, Suvolta grab my attention most. [name_u]Rey[/name_u] like Mavera is a place name and a city in Iran.
ā€
ā€¢ Ƈağrı Aslan - Ƈağrı Bey was one of the founders of SelƧuk Empire and brother of [name_f]Tu[/name_f]ğrul Bey. Along with Konrul it is part of my four children sibling set with SelƧuk theme - I am yet to make an Ottoman one. Ƈağrı also means message and can be used in religious sense too. Aslan is name of a SelƧuk ruler Alpaslan - he was given the name after conquering [name_f]Anatolia[/name_f] though he wasnā€™t born Alpaslan - and an animal name that means lion. Aslan in Western world known as a cahracter [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], which I loved as a child along with [name_f]Susan[/name_f] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].
ā€¢ Kayra Erdenay - I love Kayra as a name. It means helping hand and a name for Tengri too but it is so hard to combine with other names. Currently I am trying Kayra Erdenay. Erdenay is the name of archangel [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
ā€¢ Rua Andariman - Rua is the only Lir Turkic name and a ruler from European Huns. Has different spellings but Rua is the best among them. Andariman means one who cherish memories and has cool nicknames like [name_f]Anda[/name_f] or the one I made up, Andaro.
ā€¢ SelƧuk Ayaz - SelƧuk means a good speaker, pronounced Sel (like [name_f]Sally[/name_f]'s [name_u]Sal[/name_u]) and chook with u and ch sound. Ayaz is more of a Gaznevid name than SleƧuk name but is also a character from Mevlanaā€™s stories so close enough I guess
ā€¢ Talu Balamir - Talu means the chosen one. Great YA character name. Along with Solin and Kayra is part of a Cille themed sibling set, I have a list of Cille names. Balamir means first son - a favorite since childhood always a part of my list and made me a namenerd in the first place.
ā€¢ [name_f]Tu[/name_f]ğrul Erem - last combination from the SelƧuk, Ƈağrı, Konrul sibling set. [name_f]Tu[/name_f]ğrul Bey was one of the founders of SelƧuk Empire and the other head of Oksoko. Erem means Gospel, good news and continues the more religious theme of Ƈağrı. I really love Erem and after deciding Talu must be a first name I didnā€™t know what to do with Erem at first and still wanted it on my signature, so I decided to combine it with [name_f]Tu[/name_f]ğrul.

Most of the names in my signature are names Iā€™ve loved ever since I realised I might want kids one day!!! Names like [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_u]Indiana[/name_u], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Esau[/name_m] and [name_m]Eleazar[/name_m] are long standing favourites. Some slip on amd off of my top favourites list, like [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_m]Amias[/name_m] and [name_m]Ariyel[/name_m].

Some of them are more recent loves, since I started considering the chances of a serious future with bf. Names like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (my new favourite) [name_f]Euphemie[/name_f], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] and [name_f]Carolina[/name_f].

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is just a combination I really like although Iā€™d never use it myself (nms)

The rest I think are family based or inspired- [name_f]Pamela[/name_f], [name_u]Drew[/name_u], [name_m]Herbert[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] from my family, and Oā€™[name_m]Rourke[/name_m] and [name_m]Parry[/name_m] from bfs family. Some are also inspired by his Irish heritage, like [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m].

Of all the names there Iā€™d honestly use all of them if I could!! So Iā€™ve chosen my top 6 (I simply canā€™t narrow it down to 3!!)
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]- all time favourites
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]- new love
[name_f]Pamela[/name_f], [name_u]Drew[/name_u] and Oā€™rourke- family names (assuming I stay with bf, otherwise Oā€™rourke is unlikely)

My signature (on this account) is just my list of names that I might change my name to.

My signature has 24 of my favourite names. Iā€™ve never been really into combos, like so many on NB, simply because I canā€™t bear to put one of my favs in the second spot! My most crucial name rule, would be that I would want each child I have to have a different ending. So [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] would never be a sibset for me, neither would [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f].

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] & [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - my two longest standing favourites, that I will always love, but unsure if Iā€™d use
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] - I love the double ā€˜LLā€™ and these are all just perfect.
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] - W is my favourite letter by far, plus [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] is my number one name at the moment
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f], [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Sidney[/name_u], [name_u]Stanley[/name_u], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Phillip[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] - all beautiful, but I wouldnā€™t use as they clash with other names/surnames, perhaps would work as middle names
[name_f]Lorna[/name_f] - my current favourite girls name, so strong, sweet and perfect
[name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Simona[/name_f], [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - other ending in -a names, my favourite ending by far
[name_m]George[/name_m], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - sweet one syllable names are also a favourite of mine

3 children right now? [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me started on middle names and combos, but it would probably be [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_f]Lorna[/name_f] & [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]/[name_m]George[/name_m].

[name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] ā€˜[name_u]Bertie[/name_u]ā€™ - This is just a name I love. I love the name [name_u]Bertie[/name_u], but donā€™t see it as a full name so I discovered the full name [name_m]Albert[/name_m] and fell in love straight away. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is my dadā€™s middle name and my sister hasnā€™t expressed that she plans on using it so I will.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ā€˜[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]ā€™ - [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] was my late nanā€™s name and I adore it, the nickname [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is an added bonus as I love it. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is my mum and sisterā€™s middle names and Iā€™d like to honour them with having that as the middle name for my first daughter.

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] - [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is a cute name that I found recently and just loved. Iā€™ve liked [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] since I read [name_f]Hetty[/name_f] [name_f]Feather[/name_f] when I was about 7 and found the character [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]'s name. Itā€™s stuck with me ever since.

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is a variation of my middle name, [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and I think itā€™s really beautiful without being overdone. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is adorable and although Iā€™ve used it in a combo with [name_m]George[/name_m] before, I much prefer it with [name_f]Rosa[/name_f].

[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] - I love [name_m]George[/name_m], heā€™s a classic. I saw [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] on here a few weeks ago and really liked it, Iā€™m just trying it out with [name_m]George[/name_m] but I think I really like it.

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] ā€˜[name_f]Edie[/name_f]ā€™ - [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is pretty and simple and I adore the nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f], which sold me the name [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a middle name I am trying out with [name_f]Edith[/name_f] due to having mixed responses to my previous [name_f]Edith[/name_f] combo.

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] - [name_m]Walter[/name_m] is one of my favourite names. I think it may be down to my love of Disney, and the creator of Disney was obviously named [name_m]Walt[/name_m]. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is a classic who I love.

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] - [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is an all time favourite of mine, sheā€™s classic and beautiful. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is the name of one of my chinchillas, and I think sheā€™s too beautiful not to use in a combo.

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] ā€˜[name_m]Ned[/name_m]ā€™ - [name_m]Ned[/name_m] was the name of one of my cats and he was my best friend, so I want to ā€˜honourā€™ him with this. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] has always been nice and classic to me.

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] ā€˜[name_m]Ernie[/name_m]ā€™, and [name_f]May[/name_f] - I have no idea why I love these so much, I just do.

[name_u]Stanley[/name_u] - This wouldā€™ve been my name if I was a boy and Iā€™d like to ā€˜honourā€™ the name by using it on a future child.

If I were to name three children right now, Iā€™d name them [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] ā€˜[name_u]Bertie[/name_u]ā€™, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ā€˜[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]ā€™, and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] - I love literature, but my partner wouldnā€™t go for basically [name_f]EVERY[/name_f] name form literature that I adore. She did like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] though. Which is a classic to me from [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], anc [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is such an incredible character and I love that the name is known, easy to pronounce but itā€™s uncommon, I donā€™t see us running into another [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. His middle name [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] was inspired by a picture that says ā€œan arrow can only be shot by pulling backwards. when life is dragging you back with difficulties it means itā€™s going to launch you into something greatā€. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] is my something great.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - Iā€™ve always loved the name [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but it was something I loved but it wasnā€™t the top of my list. I do however love mythology, especially Norse mythology, and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] being the goddess of love (among other things) seemed perfect to me. When I met my partner, she fell in love with the name and I couldnā€™t picture our little girl with any other name. Her middle name was so much harder to come by, it took a year! In our search, we came across [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], which wasnā€™t at all a new name to us but we hadnā€™t thought if it because itā€™s my sisters middle name. However, itā€™s also [name_f]Freya[/name_f]ā€™s godmothers name, and that fact made everything else disappear.

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m] - I came across [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] and ultimately loved it because itā€™s the Welsh form of [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] which is my partners fathers name. However, then I stopped loving it for the same reason, he isnā€™t the greatest man. But it was pointed out that no one would make that connection. So if we have a second boy heā€™ll be [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]. His middle name [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is a name we both love, and I adore the connection it has with [name_m]Arrow[/name_m]. An archer needs an arrow and an arrow needs an archer. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like the boys will need each other.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - I lost my best friend and first love, she is a big part of who I am today. And I miss her everyday. Her middle name was [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and it was her preferred name to go by. I wanted something less plain and more unusual, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] was perfect and a long time favourite. It still contains her name, and she can be called [name_f]Mae[/name_f], same spelling. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] was a possible middle name for [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but all the ā€œrā€ sounds made the flow off. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is also a name thatā€™s been on my list for if I wanted to honour myself. My middle name is [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] means ā€œdawnā€.

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] was one of our top names, we considered [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] as a middle name for [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. I love the nature connection, [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] meaning ā€œelmā€ which is of course a tree. I also later found out that an elm tree is a symbol of strength, which is just prefect. Her middle name [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] was decided when I chose [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is the name of a dear friend who changed my life, she helped me so much and I can never thank her enough. Sheā€™s a baby name lover too and using her name feels like the ultimate way to show her how much what she did means to me.

[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]: [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] is a variant of my great-grandmotherā€™s name, which I believe was [name_f]Magdala[/name_f] but she was only ever called by her Chinese name and the records arenā€™t great. I actually came across [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] trying to find a long name for the nickname [name_f]Lainey[/name_f], it wasnā€™t an intended honour name but in a way it makes me love it even more. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is my default middle, itā€™s the meaning of my grandmotherā€™s original Western name, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] has gone through a lot of middle names, [name_f]Vivi[/name_f], [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Swan[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]: I canā€™t settle on one but Iā€™m pretty set on naming my daughter [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f].
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is kind of after a lot of people, a lot of [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]'s, a couple lf [name_f]Esther[/name_f]'s a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and two [name_f]Alessia[/name_f]'s including [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] who I believe is one of the best singers and most genuine people in the industry. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] was originally just a name I loved with it but Iā€™ve made lots of friends named [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]/[name_f]Jen[/name_f]/[name_f]Gen[/name_f] whom now this name honours.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Twyla[/name_f]: One of my favourite books is Spark by [name_f]Rachael[/name_f] Craw and the main character is a kick ass girl named [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. I love the extravagant yet straight forward feel of the name. [name_f]Twyla[/name_f] is kind of for my best friend, it means woven with a double thread and refers to the friendship bracelets we made for each other, the qualities of friendship and strength inferred from the name is something I really want my kids to have in their lives. Itā€™s my oldest girl combo and itā€™s probably the one Iā€™m most likely to use.
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]: [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] was a pick from my ex partner, but he has pretty awesome name taste and since weā€™re still friends I have no issues using it. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] was supposed to be a short term middle whilst I figured out something else but since everyone hated it, I was reverse psychologied into falling in love with it. I just love the way it falls off the tongue. [name_f]Cate[/name_f] is my nn for [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] and itā€™s after [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] from Castle, sheā€™s awesome.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Margareta[/name_f]: my neighbour is the sweetest yet one of the most capable women I know and I call her Vee, so [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is an honour for her. And [name_f]Margareta[/name_f] is for my grandmother.
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]: [name_f]Lois[/name_f] is the name of one of my favourite songs so I found [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] so I could have a long name for [name_f]Lois[/name_f], I loved [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] previously, but not enough for use, [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] makes me so happy, I feel like sheā€™s a real person I canā€™t wait to meet. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is the usual filler.
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] Wintertale: the popularity of [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] absolutely annoys me, itā€™s so beautiful but sometimes I just think itā€™s too common for me to want to use. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my nn for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], although itā€™s super common as well, itā€™s interesting enough together for me, an unexpected pairing. As itā€™s popular, I figured I could go wild on the middle name and Wintertale made [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] feel like a twirling princess to me.

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: this is my oldest boy combo, I found [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] when I was looking for a full name for [name_u]Mal[/name_u], but with my second at the time being [name_m]Calum[/name_m], I changed the nn to [name_u]Cai[/name_u] (which is SOOO much better because of the one letter difference with [name_u]Cal[/name_u] smh) which I love even more. I wish there was meaning to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] but there isnā€™t I just liked it with [name_m]Malachi[/name_m].
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]: it seems most of my favourite names are found but wanting a long name for a nickname, I found [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for Ender but I love how strong and traditionally handsome [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is. [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f], again, I just kind of loved.
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]: I think [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is one of the most beautiful names, I always picture a ruggedly handsome boyband member when I see [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. It got taken off my list but I honestly canā€™t see myself with 3 boys and the third not being [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] is after one of my best friends who knows me better than I know myself and who has made a bigger impact on my life than almost anyone.
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] Ariston/[name_m]Marcellus[/name_m]: [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is after [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] Conte who has the biggest, most beautiful heart. Heā€™s just a sweetie, and [name_u]Jess[/name_u] is so beautiful theyā€™re just my favourite couple (I wish I could use [name_u]Jess[/name_u] or [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] but itā€™s too close to [name_f]Jessa[/name_f], one of my closest friends so cri). Ariston has no meaning but [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] is after a lot of people who have had a massive effect on my life.
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]: the nn [name_u]Tobi[/name_u] is a subtle karate reference, and karate is one of my most important activities. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] also has the added benefits of the being [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]ā€™ Divergent character so double win. [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] is the name Iā€™d have named my dog if he didnā€™t already have a name (heā€™s a rescue).
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]: [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is after the in 27 Days character and [name_u]Joan[/name_u] of [name_m]Arc[/name_m]. It seems to me that itā€™s just a magnetic name. [name_m]William[/name_m] I kind of just love with it.
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Helios[/name_m]: [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is another of my ex partnerā€™s picks but Iā€™m still highkey in love with it. It just feels magical with [name_m]Helios[/name_m] and it was originally a twin name with Luljeta [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f]. Also the nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m] honours a tonne of musicians and friends.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Calix[/name_m]: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is after my fave [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], and I just love the traditionally handsome feel. I wanted something more fresh and modern for a middle and [name_m]Calix[/name_m] sounded gorgeous and itā€™s a little nod to The Selection which was a book that got me through a tough time.

CoppƩlia [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]: I literally just wanted to find a long name for [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and CoppƩlia appeared in @prettygirls signature. I adored it. [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] is just something spunky sounding I liked in the middle.
Bridgitta [name_u]Malin[/name_u]: I liked [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] years ago but could never see myself using it, the more bedecked Bridgitta seems more my style, and the nn [name_f]Bridie[/name_f] is so cute I canā€™t resist. I also wanted a more simple no-nonsense, modern middle and [name_u]Malin[/name_u] fit the bill.
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]: Iā€™ve been stuck with a middle for [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] for ages so I just threw in [name_m]Archer[/name_m], itā€™s okay but I donā€™t love it. I love the name [name_u]Niall[/name_u] but didnā€™t think I could use it until, weird story, a basketball hit me in the face whilst I was listening to a [name_u]Niall[/name_u] song and there was some sort of label that said [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] on it and it literally hit me that I could use [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Niall[/name_u] together. Itā€™s such a strange story.
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]: this is a very old combo I keep reviving. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is after one of my favourite musicians (+ lowkey myself), [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] made [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] sound fresh so I threw it in the middle for no more reason that I like it and the meaning.

These are all so interesting to read!

Iā€™ll just explain some of mine that actually have a sort of meaning or reference behind them

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - I think I discovered [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] while looking for an alternative to [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] and I just love how it sounds. [name_u]Hero[/name_u] is a middle name Iā€™m trying out. I love [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]'s [name_u]Hero[/name_u] and [name_m]Leander[/name_m] (and both their names), and Iā€™m enjoying how it feels with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - Inspired by [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and the Machine - they have a song called [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] so these two names just fit in my head

[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] - a new combo, inspired by [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]'s [name_f]Villette[/name_f]. My favourite character is called [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] and the protagonistā€™s name is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Snowe!

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] - Iā€™ve used [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] on a character, but I wanted to explore different middle names for it. I picked [name_u]Seren[/name_u] because I like how it has a harder sound than the very soft [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], plus I like the meaning!

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is taken from [name_m]Bram[/name_m] Stokerā€™s Dracula and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is from the song!

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] - I met the sweetest of kids called [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] once and I found [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] when we were naming one of our guinea pigs (who became just [name_u]Kai[/name_u])

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] - [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is for [name_m]Henry[/name_m] Clerval from [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Shelley[/name_u]'s Frankenstein. [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] is a name I just love, but it also links to Frankenstein too - due to [name_m]Henry[/name_m]'s love for nature and the monsterā€™s time spent in the forest of Ingolstadt

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] - Iā€™ve always loved [name_f]Ella[/name_f]! Due to itā€™s popularity, however, I never really considered using it until I paired it with [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and instantly fell 100x more in love:)
[name_u]Denver[/name_u] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] - [name_u]Denver[/name_u] doesnā€™t have any personal significance to meā€¦I just think it sounds so handsome! [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] is a name I love as a middle on both genders, especially with my middle name being [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f] - not much significance here. I love the meaning and sound of [name_f]Sally[/name_f], and I feel that [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f] gives it that extra flair
[name_m]Olivier[/name_m] [name_m]Roman[/name_m] - I used to be obsessed with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but then I discovered [name_m]Olivier[/name_m] and loved the look/sound much more, especially since itā€™s not nearly as popular. [name_m]Roman[/name_m] is my grandpaā€™s name, and I definitely want to use it as middle name for a future son. I love how sophisticated and handsome it sounds with [name_m]Olivier[/name_m] especially, though!
[name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - I know the sweetest girl with the name [name_u]Reese[/name_u], no itā€™s always been all-girl to me. I thought it sounded so adorable paired with [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] - [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is one of my all time favorites, as is [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]! I go back and forth on whether I like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] or [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] more. I love how soft and friendly it feels!
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] - I fell in love with [name_f]Nell[/name_f] after reading Into the Water by [name_f]Paula[/name_f] Hawkins, even though the [name_f]Nell[/name_f] in the book is a very controversial character. I love short, not too frilly names for girls, and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] fits that perfectly. [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] used to be one of my favorites, but it was too clunky for my taste as a first name. I love it as a middle though, and I definitely think it helps to balance out the shortness of [name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_m]Holden[/name_m] - both of these names are guilty pleasures, but I do love the meaning of [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] especiallyā€¦I would definitely consider using it, though I donā€™t think Iā€™d be brave enough. [name_m]Holden[/name_m] has always seemed so handsome to me, but I wouldnā€™t use it as a first because of the inevitable ā€˜Holdinā€™ [name_m]Holden[/name_m]ā€™ā€¦I think I could get away with using it as a middle though:)
[name_f]Maud[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] - [name_f]Maud[/name_f] is a new favorite of mine! I love how classic and vintage it sounds, without being overused. I picture the sweetest, most curious and adventurous girl with this name! Iā€™m not set on a middle name yet, but I do like [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] - [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is also a new love of mine! I adore how soft and friendly it sounds, like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. It just feels so warm and ā€˜homeyā€™:slight_smile: I especially love how unheard of it is. I have a thing for ā€œ[name_f]El[/name_f]-ā€ boy names, so [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] fits perfectly with [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] for me.
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] - I love the sound of [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though some might find it a little trendy, I adore it! [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] adds a nice, feminine flairā€¦I could definitely see myself with a little [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] someday!
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] - [name_u]Auden[/name_u] is one of, if not my #1, favorite boy name. As someone who loves reading and writing (poetry especially), the connection to W.H [name_u]Auden[/name_u] is definitely a plusā€¦itā€™s where I first saw the name! The quote from one of his poems, ā€œIā€™ll love you, dear, Iā€™ll love you/[name_m]Till[/name_m] [name_f]China[/name_f] and [name_f]Africa[/name_f] meet/And the river jumps over the mountain/And the salmon sing in the streetā€, makes me love it even more. And I absolutely love the meaning of ā€œold friendā€ as well. [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is an honor for my Grandma, an avid bird-lover. Her favorite is the bluebird, and the bluebird also has a lot of significance to my mother as well.
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - [name_u]June[/name_u] is in my top five of favorite girl names. It makes me think of sunshine, popsicles, and long summer days:). [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is an honor name, with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] being the middle name of my sister and I, and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] being my Grandmaā€™s first name. I love the fact that its a combination of two generations!
[name_m]Alessio[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] - due to the fact that I have very little Italian heritage, [name_m]Alessio[/name_m] is not a name Iā€™d ever use in real life, but I think it is so stylish and handsome! [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is one of my favorites as a middle name, for both boys and girls.
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] - Both names are in honor of my Grandma, and I love it for that reason. My Grandma went to [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] many years ago and still talks about it to this day. It will always remind me of her, and I think it has such beautiful imagery as well. While I think [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] would make such a beautiful name, I donā€™t think Iā€™d be brave enough to use it. Iā€™d probably do something like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is my Grandmaā€™s name, and she has always gone by [name_f]Jeanie[/name_f].
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_u]Claude[/name_u] - Iā€™d probably never use this in real life, but I absolutely love these two paired together. Though [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] is a first name here, itā€™s one of my favorite more ā€˜out-thereā€™ middle names for boys
[name_u]Carmin[/name_u] [name_f]India[/name_f] - I think [name_u]Carmin[/name_u] is such a beautiful name, and the meaning is so sweet! Iā€™m always trying to find first names to pair with Inidaā€¦like [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], itā€™s one of my favorite more unique middle for girls. [name_f]India[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f], in Because of [name_u]Winn[/name_u]-[name_f]Dixie[/name_f], made me love it even more.
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m] [name_u]Linden[/name_u] - I love the edginess to this name, which is rare because my naming style for boys leans towards softer names. [name_u]Linden[/name_u] is a new favorite of mine
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - With [name_f]Rose[/name_f] being my middle name as well as my sisterā€™s, Iā€™m always looking for ways to incorporate it in combos. I think itā€™d make a very cute first name, and Iā€™m in love with nn [name_f]Ro[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is my favorite season, and I love the imagery this whole combo gives off.
[name_u]Jem[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] - I fell in love with [name_u]Jem[/name_u] after not only reading TKAM, but the [name_f]Hetty[/name_f] [name_f]Feather[/name_f] series by [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] when I was younger. Probably because of these characters, this name makes me think of a very kind, down-to-earth boy, as does [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is also one my motherā€™s favorites.
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is just so soft and feminine, without being over the top. I chose [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] as the middle name because I think it gives the combo a very light and happy feel.

If I were to pick the three Iā€™d be most likely to use, itā€™d be [name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], and [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. None of my girl names are really set in stone (Iā€™m always switching around the middle names) but as of now Iā€™d probably chose [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].

BOYS!

[name_u]Salem[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. (peace, nobleman, defender of men) Iā€™ve loved [name_u]Salem[/name_u] for as long as I can remember, but only recently have I really been struck by how much I want to name my child this. [name_u]Salem[/name_u] encompasses both softness and mystery, which are things I want for my children. [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] are both cherished honor names.

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. (father of multitudes, dark, bear) [name_m]Bram[/name_m] is an homage to [name_m]Bram[/name_m] Stoker who is one of my favorite authors. [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] is after my great uncle who died of a brain tumor when he was only in his thirties, plus [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] sound lovely together and incorporate my Welsh/Celtic heritage.

Fenris [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]. (wolf god, the listener, messenger) Who wouldnā€™t want to name their child after a giant wolf monster?? Fenris is such a unique name, but itā€™s not totally unrecognizable to most. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] are a pair of lyrical sounding Biblical names that I love.

[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. (fortitude, woods/forest, conquering) [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] is much more usable than [name_m]Sebastien[/name_m] [name_f]IMO[/name_f] and it sounds stronger to me. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is after my great aunt [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is after [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Price[/name_m], who is one of my momā€™s favorite actors.

GIRLS!

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Mabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. (cold season, lovable, tribeswoman) [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a name that Iā€™ve really loved for a long time, but never thought anyone in my family would enjoy. I love the time of year when the first snow falls and it truly feels like wintertime is magic. The softness and stillness makes you feel like you are living in a fairytale. Recently my mom brought the name up in a conversation out of nowhere and mentioned how much she loved it. It quickly escalated from ā€˜guilty pleasureā€™ name to numero uno on my list. [name_f]Mabelle[/name_f] is after my great grandmother and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a take on my momā€™s name [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f].

[name_f]Odessa[/name_f] [name_f]Tandy[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]. (full of fury, defender of man, story) [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] is a name I heard in the forums and it reminds me of my opera training. It invokes that sense of magic that I love in names. [name_f]Tandy[/name_f] is the name of my favorite superhero and [name_u]Fable[/name_u] seems to complete this fantastical name pairing.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]October[/name_f]. (bright light, faithfulness, eighth) [name_f]Helena[/name_f] has always been a favorite baby name of mine. My mother used to sing me ā€œYou are my sunshine.ā€ growing up, so I was really attracted to the bright meaning of [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a family name and [name_f]October[/name_f] is my mother and my favorite month.

[name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. (daydream, woman of honor, medicinal herb/wise) [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] was another name suggested to me on the forums that I quickly fell in love with. I adore the meaning behind it. [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] sounded beautiful alongside it.

Currently, Iā€™m just rotating playing with themed signatures inspired by other countries (mostly names from their cultures, but sometimes itā€™s not always). These are my favorite Scottish fns and mns inspired by Scottish things. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_m]Galloway[/name_m] - [name_m]Galloway[/name_m] and Dumfries is a region of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f], from what I can tell. :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] - for the [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] Pools of [name_u]Skye[/name_u].
Portree - a city in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] I super want to visit
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] - just read a novel in which a pilot of Inuit and Scottish descent has the pilot handle ā€œ[name_f]Emma[/name_f]ā€, because itā€™s like a term for lady. I donā€™t know if itā€™s true or not. But I think the idea is lovely.
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] - the [name_f]Isle[/name_f] of [name_u]Skye[/name_u]. Obviously. Because I desperately need to see it. lol.
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u] - [name_u]Paisley[/name_u], [name_f]Scotland[/name_f].
[name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] - I read somewhere that a type of bluebells are native to [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]. I liked [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] better than [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Heather[/name_f], or [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] Thistle (the national flower of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]). (I really wanted to fit [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]'s national animal, the unicorn, into my signature somewhere, but I couldnā€™t figure out a way to make it sound cool and not cartoony!)
[name_u]Munro[/name_u] - Iā€™m sort of sketchy on the details, but I was reading about these mountains in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] called munros (which are all over 3,000 feet). From what I understand, climbing one is called ā€œbagging a munroā€ or ā€œmunro-baggingā€. :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_u]Fife[/name_u] - bagpipes, drums, fifesā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] - for [name_m]Robert[/name_m] the [name_m]Bruce[/name_m], obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_m]Lyon[/name_m] - the official heraldry office of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] is called ā€œThe [name_m]Court[/name_m] of the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Lyon[/name_m]ā€, plus the Scottish lion, and
Osprey - a bird native to [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]. ā€œ[name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_u]Eagle[/name_u]ā€ as a double middle doesnā€™t work quite the same, somehow, even though itā€™s their national bird?
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] - patron saint of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]
Brave - originally just because I think of Scots as brave and adventurous (although Iā€™m not sure why!), but then it occurred to me that the Scottish Disney princess film is titled Brave. [name_m]How[/name_m] appropriate! :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - [name_f]Grace[/name_f]'s in honor of my grandmother (my hero). [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] because I heard it while watching Alias. It was when I was depressed, and somehow after hearing [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] it broke through my depression and was the most beautiful thing in the entire world. I still love [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] more than any other name! I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] because of the aurora borealis, and that [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] feels so princessy, and the meaning, ā€œdawnā€. Because I want my kids to know that no matter what theyā€™ve done or what life deals them, they can always start afresh every single day, and there will never be a day that comes without the chance for redemption and renewal.

[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] - [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is a family name on my maternal grandpaā€™s line. Also the name of a character very near and dear to my heart, from a childrenā€™s audio drama I grew up with. Iā€™d love to name a son after him, and his MN ([name_u]Avery[/name_u]) is much more interesting than his fn ([name_m]John[/name_m]) which is all over my family and Iā€™m so tired of hearing hahaha. [name_m]Ian[/name_m] is for all my Johns (including dad and brother and grandpa). I just [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_m]George[/name_m] together; otherwise I might not consider [name_m]George[/name_m], but I do love him as a mn. [name_m]Ian[/name_m] was the only family name I liked with [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_m]George[/name_m], and whether I feel lukewarm or not, I always come back to [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]. Heā€™s just right. Plus, I like that [name_u]Avery[/name_u] could claim a bit of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] tie (my sister and I also have [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] namesā€“[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f]), with the elfish meaning. :stuck_out_tongue: