Explanation and Vote on boy combo—Shiloh _____?

Big brothers (if this is a boy) would be:
[name_m]Job[/name_m] [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Apollos[/name_m].

We def nn our boys—they are [name_u]Joby[/name_u] & [name_u]Bo[/name_u].

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is the first name of this is a boy, hands down. Total family agreement (and there are 6 of us, lol).

MN is the toss up.

• [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Justus[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Jabez[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Judah[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Rhema

0 voters

Also, I’d like the MN to follow the theme that happened to pop up—strong, biblical first name of a man of understated faithfulness, with a man-with-a-legacy for the middle, trying to keep the “s” ending.

[name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] is after [name_m]Marcel[/name_m], my late FIL who passed away when my husband was a child. He was a godly man and left a legacy in 40 short years.

[name_m]Apollos[/name_m] was the great and educated preacher of the [name_u]New[/name_u] Testament who worked with [name_m]Paul[/name_m] & others (Acts 18).

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is a place name, but significant as it is the first place the permanent tabernacle was set up for [name_u]Israel[/name_u] after the wilderness. Also it often refers to “the one who was sent” ([name_u]Messiah[/name_u]) so meaningful for us. Plus we can nn him Shi and everyone loves that.

So my fave MN is [name_m]Moses[/name_m]. I think it fits the legacy and “s” ending. What greater legacy than [name_m]Moses[/name_m], the friend of God AND meekest man on earth, both things attributed to him. Also, fairly rare yet not out there.

[name_m]Justus[/name_m] fits the boys names at first glance, and comes from Romans 3:26, where [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] is both the just & the justifier.

Those are my top 2. :point_up_2:

DH likes [name_m]Jabez[/name_m], a great story of legacy from 1 Chronicles. It does not have the “s” clearly but a bonus is that as a middle, it also kind of combines [name_m]Job[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] in a way. Our boys like that. :grin:

Kids love [name_m]Judah[/name_m], but they have a cousin names [name_u]Jude[/name_u], so I’m not sure about that.

Rhema is still a thought over here too. It is significant as it is a word that means “spoken word of God” and this baby was prayed for and spoken over and nearly lost, but saved. DH knows a football player named Rhema, so he sees it as a boy name. It does not have legacy or the “s” but plenty of meaning.

If you got to the end of this, you see why I am all over the place in my head. I can see any of these at any point. :grimacing::laughing:

Vote your preference and feel free to say why.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Justus[/name_m] the best, but it seems like your favourite is [name_m]Moses[/name_m]. I’m not really a fan of [name_m]Jabez[/name_m] or Rhema, and I think that [name_m]Judah[/name_m] has too similar of an ending to [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] (plus there’s your nephew [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!). Like you said, [name_m]Justus[/name_m] seems to fit best with your boys and I think it flows the best with [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. But if [name_m]Moses[/name_m] is where your heart lies, then go for it!

2 Likes

I adore [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m]! It has a beautiful flow and meaning. It’s unique, charming and vibrant. It’s a great name!
[name_m]Jabez[/name_m] is too similar to your oldest children’s names, for me. I like [name_m]Judah[/name_m] as a middle name, but probably I would avoid the J names to eliminate similarities.

1 Like

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Justus[/name_m] :heart::heart:

I love the sounds!

2 Likes

[quote=“[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry, post:2, topic:342930”]
Like you said, Justus seems to fit best with your boys and I think it flows the best with Shiloh. But if Moses is where your heart lies, then go for it!
[/quote]

This is my head often :crazy_face:. :+1:

[quote=“[name_f]Estrela[/name_f], post:3, topic:342930”]
I adore Shiloh Moses! It has a beautiful flow and meaning. It’s unique, charming and vibrant. It’s a great name!
[/quote]

Thank you! I do love the meaning the BEST I think and my family is coming around so it might be The One. But I appreciate all this input too!

1 Like

Thank you @Greyblue

I vote [name_m]Justus[/name_m] or Rhema because the others are so Old Testament that they don’t feel quite matched with [name_m]Job[/name_m] [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Apollos[/name_m] who have a Latin and a Greek mn respectively. So I think that [name_m]Justus[/name_m] (Latin) or Rhema (Greek) would be a better match.

And I’m leaning toward [name_m]Justus[/name_m] to also complete the ends-in-s theme going for your boys’ middle names. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also @elanorelle I appreciate your helping to think through matching & themes!

I just read through more carefully what you were saying, and I realize I was totally off… even took that down since I did not address what you were saying!

You are saying that this is more Old Testament, whereas Justus and Rhema are more New Testament… Similar to Marcellus & Apollos. Yes! You are very right!

Hmm :thinking: good point! But I still like the legacy aspects of all three… But definitely yes… Our first two have a more New Testament feel.

Sometimes I skim too quickly. Forgive me. And thank you for your thoughts!

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. :slight_smile:

No worries! I was not offended in the slightest! I really like your boys’ names, and I’m sure whatever you choose for another boy will be just as meaningful and handsome. All of your options sound great!

1 Like

Shiloh [name_m]Moses[/name_m]!! I absolutely love it and I think it matches with your other DS’s names. Very beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you!!! I really do love trying to match (but not in a super obvious way) the boys & the girls. It’s one of the satisfying challenges of pregnancy. :laughing: :+1:

I appreciate so much all the votes & thoughtful comments. In some ways, I’m encouraged that my 2 favorites (Shiloh Moses & Shiloh Justus) were the top 2 in popularity of votes :joy: as it shows I’m maybe not too far off in sound, flow and theme. On the other hand, just like with my 2 favorite girl names, I’m still at about 50/50 on seeing a strong lead in the name choice. :crazy_face:

We will be ruminating, praying and probably decide on one of those top 2, but I just had to laugh at how they came out almost even. :laughing:

Thanks again for all the input & taking the time to read about this & cast a vote!

To all who commented last year with helpful advice—

We had a boy & went with [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] (see birth announcements). Thank you All again!

2 Likes